BlackBerry Tour to have a touchscreen?
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2009, 04:49 posted on
One of our tipsters has just let us know that the BlackBerry Tour features both a QWERTY keyboard and a touch-sensitive screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jibara81 (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 May 2009)
i shoud get thus phone its for verizon right
6. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i went from the voyager to my storm and it was the best upgrade of my life...make sure you're comfortable with the blackberry interface. :-)
10. jherz6 (Posts: 215; Member since: 23 May 2008)
I agree with you fanman, I was a diehard lg fan for the longest but when the BB 8830 came out I decided to change and glad I did. I now have the storm and its the best upgrade I've made also. I think the problems people have been having with the storm are not the device its the interface. I'm more than interested in seeing what the Odin aka storm 2 will have to bring to the table.
2. BigRed83 (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 May 2008)
Yes, the Tour is coming to verizon. There is no timetable yet for the release date; but it is SPECULATED for a July 13th release date. We will see...
3. poppany75 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Dec 2008)
Will the tour with touchscreen come to Sprint?
4. secondcor517 (Posts: 94; Member since: 06 Oct 2008)
i'm calling shenanigans! if it were going to have a touchscreen wouldn't there have been some other news or rumors about it? i'll believe it when i see it.
5. slinky317 (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
The Tour is the 9630, not the 9030. Also, a spec sheet on this phone was already leaked from Bell with no mention of a touchscreen. So either Phone Arena totally got this story wrong... or they just got the Tour part wrong, and there's another Blackberry (9030) that has a touchscreen and physical keyboard/trackball. Now THAT would be interesting.
7. tshow84 (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
i heard from a verizon account manager that this rumor is true...that was 2 weeks ago...he also called it the niagara which i believe is/was the 9630. and whats with all this 9030 shenanigans? where did that number come from?
8. trentsinmypants (Posts: 311; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
i dunno, looking at the picture on the spec sheet it does look like it has the suretouch screen.
11. Blazeralb (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Jan 2009)
if this is true i will be very happy an scoop this up first day available. Fingers crossed
12. yourmom07 (Posts: 66; Member since: 07 Apr 2009)
THE NIAGRA IS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO SPRINT