BlackBerry Super Bowl ad goes with humor instead of technology
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Feb 2013, 21:56
BlackBerry spent roughly $3.8 million for a 30-second ad during the Super Bowl to promote the BlackBerry Z10 and the ad was about all the things that BlackBerry 10 can't do with the point of the commercial being that the OS can do so much, it's quicker to tell you the things it cannot do; BlackBerry said that it decided to go with humor so that everyone would be talking about the ad the next day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:06 12 11
Oh that was lame, even lamer than the Samsung add... no on wonder a blackout happened
5. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:24 12 11
I thought iPad mini ad is the lamest?
27. tech2 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 03:18 3 0
Seriously ! You think an ad playing a piano app for entire 30 seconds is better than this !
FYI, this ad is ranked no.1 on NFL website
38. ZeroCide posted on 04 Feb 2013, 20:28 0 0
That has to be a RIM marketing ploy... There were waaaaaayyyyy better comercials than that one.
15. Xtasy posted on 03 Feb 2013, 23:16 3 2
This Ad is the top rated ad out of all of them...So even if u think it was lame they got what they wanted out of it. Simply to get peoples attention
23. idroidequis posted on 04 Feb 2013, 01:00 1 1
You obliviously didnt see the Tide ad. Best ad of the night.
25. pyradark posted on 04 Feb 2013, 01:12 1 1
it get attention, but not to make people buy it...
but im interested on Q10
28. Xtasy posted on 04 Feb 2013, 06:27 1 1
Its not about getting people to buy it! Its about getting them curious to finding out what the new blackberry can do and what its all about Lol u know nothing about marketing
32. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Feb 2013, 08:12 0 1
I don't understand what they want to say in these advertisement...
33. protozeloz posted on 04 Feb 2013, 11:00 1 0
According to this advertisement blackberry could be the same old, there is nothing to show ....
35. tech2 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 13:29 0 1
They are saying that the new Blackberry can do so much that it is not possible for us to demonstrate everything in 30 seconds. So, instead we will show you what it can't do thereby implying it does almost anything.
3. belovedson posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:17 2 4
Its hard to compete against the commercials following blackberry.
4. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:22 3 1
You wrote "turns truck into harmless orange balls" they were rubber ducks, not balls.
6. jroc74 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:25 1 0
I even posted in the last BB SB ad article it was rubber ducks...lol. I had nothing else to do, the power went out.
9. Azure01 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:45 4 0
Wow, that was seriously a waste of roughly 3.8 million dollars. I hope this device sells well for them but I doubt that commercial will be the reason.
10. jroc74 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:46 1 0
I thought it was clever. If anything...it will have you guessing until the very end WTH its about. That type of marketing worked for that Cloverfield movie.
12. bovcrx posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:56 0 0
I am disappointed in the ad as well, but I will still get a Z10 in March. Seemed like a easy way out because they didn't want to just show "hub" all day
14. jcpwn2004 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 23:03 0 1
it was a good idea but poorly executed. BB needed to really stand out and failed with this ad. Pretty much everyone I was watching the superbowl with was just like huh? Then proceeded to go back to using their iphones.
24. idroidequis posted on 04 Feb 2013, 01:02 0 1
Lol yep same exact thing. It did not in anyway introduce how the os or phone works. People arent gonna buy something they dont know how to use
16. Jphones posted on 03 Feb 2013, 23:25 0 2
that was horrible people who arent tech savy will not care did nothing to attract tthe casual consumer
20. jroc74 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:24 1 1
Uh...it wasnt a tech saavy commercial. IMO it did attract the casual consumer...by being funny, colorful.
I think some of yall are missing what this ad could do. It was a SB ad. Majority of SB ads are funny. The SB ads this year were probably the worse in about 10 years. This might be one of the few ads that stood out this year during the SB.
It was funny, and colorful. It didnt explain what it was about until the very end. That appeals to people's curiosity. I cant believe we all saw the same commercial....lol. Oh well.
26. Jphones posted on 04 Feb 2013, 02:16 0 2
really a marketing rep that was horrible advertisning. never want to confuse a consumer on new products
18. bovcrx posted on 03 Feb 2013, 23:47 0 0
Why the F wasn't Alicia Keys in the commercial? People would have paid more attention since she did open up with the National Anthem. Pffft elephant legs
21. jroc74 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:25 0 0
She was there in a way.....she was in the phone. Maybe she will be in a future one.
22. bovcrx posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:32 0 0
You do have a point, but it would have made more of an impression if she was the one running around with the Z10
19. rusticguy posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:02 0 0
Alan.. spell check please
I don't think there's a word called "WALKIMG" ... :)
30. apiskula posted on 04 Feb 2013, 07:28 0 0
Blackberry spends 3.8 million on an ad and they continue to lay off people for there failed products. Blackberry 10 will be a product failure just like the rest of them. Close the damn doors already!
34. downphoenix posted on 04 Feb 2013, 11:27 1 0
Those that are dissing the ad dont realize that it was one of the most popular ads of the entire superbowl apparently.
I know, popularity doesnt equal quality, but it was an effective ad.
37. scsa852k posted on 04 Feb 2013, 20:13 0 0
Superbowl commercials are so lames these days.
Did anyone see the Godaddy ad??
I almost threw up after watching that.