BlackBerry Storm3 to feature LTE connectivity, new OS, and 1GHz processor?
This article contains unofficial information.
2. hawk62 posted on 28 Jun 2010, 14:24 0 0
how many ppl are going to try it after the failure of the first?
12. vzw fanman posted on 28 Jun 2010, 20:34 0 0
hey i had the storm 1 for almost a year and it treated me well.
20. narley posted on 29 Jun 2010, 10:47 0 0
I had the orig storm for a year also and had no problems.
28. jkeskel posted on 03 Jul 2010, 15:24 0 0
And I'm STILL rocking my Storm 1 with no issues! Until Droid X comes out that is...
3. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Jun 2010, 14:43 0 0
If they get rid of the click screen and make it like 4.0 inches
11. Whateverman posted on 28 Jun 2010, 18:52 0 0
I hope not. I love my Storm 2, and the clickable screen is killer. I know a lot of people hate it, but for me that was the selling point. I'll be honest though, I do like my Droid UI much better. But if they can make 6.0 work and bring a little more to the appworld, I'll check it out.
13. vzw fanman posted on 28 Jun 2010, 20:35 0 0
i liked the clickable screen too. but i still am happy i got my droid.
4. jskrenes posted on 28 Jun 2010, 15:59 0 0
They ARE working on a new OS that is specifically for touchscreen phones. Saw it at a Verizon agent fair last month. But they were pretty mum on the hardware.
5. PapaJay224 posted on 28 Jun 2010, 16:14 0 0
I will 100% not buy another Blackberry after using a the Droid phones, if this is VZW's LTE Launch phone, I will be a little dissapointed.
27. BlackberryUser posted on 30 Jun 2010, 15:13 0 0
I think Blackberry has a better email setup.
6. theman414 posted on 28 Jun 2010, 16:36 0 0
I hope blackberry has complete different redesign this time. I don't know anyone happy with the storm, and all of those people are upgrading to Android phones Verizon has to offer. There really is no comparison!
7. Gawain posted on 28 Jun 2010, 17:04 0 0
I love my Storm2 9550. Portrait with SureType...super smooth. Anyway, I'm glad there are a few new rumors about the Storm line-up, I'm a fan.
9. kjh267 posted on 28 Jun 2010, 17:54 0 0
well we already have 4 shitty iphones... Just thought I'd throw a comment in here to piss all you iphone lovers off :) bring on the minuses
10. tuminatr posted on 28 Jun 2010, 18:19 0 0
one more I guess, and you know if they get it right it will be nice
14. vzw fanman posted on 28 Jun 2010, 20:36 0 0
in my opinion there was nothing wrong with the previous ones.
15. droidman posted on 28 Jun 2010, 21:07 0 0
Blackberry needs a touchscreen phone to get in the game with android and iPhone they got business on lock but their lacking fun to use touchscreen hopefully they'll have a big hit with this one the first true 4g device sorry sprint that's the way I see it
17. DonLouie posted on 29 Jun 2010, 08:10 0 0
Your view of 4G is very short-sighted, bet the new tag line is true to you too.
18. pattypatterson posted on 29 Jun 2010, 09:49 0 0
your right lte is sooo much better and faster then wimax i cant wait until i only have to wait 0.01 seconds for my page to load instead of 0.02 seconds i really dont have that extra time to waste in my super fast paced life
19. droidman posted on 29 Jun 2010, 10:02 0 0
I never said wimax sucked its not true 4g even sprint said they may upgrade lte in the future don't why you were you insulted by what I said I'm sure you have an evo which better than what I have
21. pattypatterson posted on 29 Jun 2010, 12:07 0 0
all im sayin is once the speeds are wimax and faster there is no noticeable difference on a phone maybe on a computer but not on a phone
22. DonLouie posted on 29 Jun 2010, 13:14 0 0
If WiMax isn't true 4G then neither is LTE. They are both the next generation in mobile tech, hence 4G. Sprint/Clear is covering the bases by keeping the LTE option available, it's not a declaration that WiMax isn't 4G.
16. xtroid2k posted on 28 Jun 2010, 21:41 0 0
Ok, Here is the deal. I only use the Blackberry in the IT environment. I own a Blackberry storm, XV6800, Touch Pro, and a Droid; ofcourse the Droid being the current activated handset. However alot of companies are going windows just because of the ease of integration and less cost factor. I dream of the day android could become a viable buisness option. As far as blackberry being anything other then a glorified e-mail machine; I cannot support the blackberry as a mainstream handset. I must say; at least RIM is trying but just can't seam to grasp what is going on out there. I personally will not be getting a storm 3, now lets talk about the droid x.
23. AaronWasHere posted on 29 Jun 2010, 14:07 0 0
I stopped reading after seeing "IT" and "XV6800" in the same breath as your opinion became irrelvant after that. That phone is god-awful.
26. xtroid2k posted on 29 Jun 2010, 20:29 0 0
I loved the phone, considering back then not much was out to speak of on the Verizon network. and as far as my profession goes. I sorry your a hater for an IT guy. i'm proud to be a Tech guy and i'm not going to let anyone rain on my parade for being an IT guy.
24. carfreak715 posted on 29 Jun 2010, 14:33 0 0
my mom is gonna be so fuckin jealous. she got the storm 2.
25. wrd2yurmther posted on 29 Jun 2010, 17:45 0 0
really think RIM should quit while they're ahead with the Storm