x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

BlackBerry Storm set to launch November 15th

0. phoneArena 27 Oct 2008, 03:26 posted on

The wait is almost over, as the Storm is on its way...

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 19:02

So a person who is priding himself on correcting others and belittling them apparently needs correction himself.... brilliant

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 11:38

I read that Storm will be priced betw $199 and $179 w 2yr commit

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 12:30

30. awilks122279 (unregistered)

That will be awesome if you are correct on your pricing.......

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 13:02

34. Artytheparty (unregistered)

I HIGHLY doubt that. It would be awesome, but... just dont see that happening. The Dare is $250 before rebates. The Storm should have a $70 rebate like the other Blackberries, so Im guessing $350. It does come with a 8GB card too which is a very sweet bonus.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:05

the storm is going to be 199 AFTER 70 rebate. btw, 41, all bb's are cheaper than regular high end phones, because of the required $30-45 data plan that has to go on it. It makes it a little easier to swallow.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 20:45

I dont remember where I read this but judging from the article, $300 with 2yr. Meaning and assuming $350 1yr.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 12:47

Will the Storm sync with I-tunes like the Bold?

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 16:02

to satisfy your curiosity, yes it will come with itune sync

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 14:13

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 12:49

Any chance that their going to run out early on the first day!!! I want one, but not sure when I'll get to the store that day.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 11:23

i hope so... i already have a nice size waiting list for this phone.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 12:58

Why can't you all just talk about the phone and not about each other? It's all just opinions, no need to get all uptight and slander each other...I am guessing that most of you are very young & mostly immature. My "opinion" is that this phone may be BB's response to the iPhone, but I don't know how many business customers it will bring in. Touch screen seems to take more time than actual keys and may frustrate many- it does me. I went from a Centro to a DARE and what a step down for me!! Lesson learned- I will be cautious as I a**ess my need for the Storm as awesome as it appears in the videos etc.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 13:09

35. Figure it Out (unregistered)

No matter what carrier you have RIM requires all Blackberries to have a data plan. So, get over yourselves about the WI-FI. When the Curve is $169 w/2yr there is no way that the Storm is only going to be $179-199.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 15:24

Curve is currently 99 w/ 2yr, pearl is 49, 8830 is 149. So assuming pricing stays this way, I can see the Storm being 199 after rebate. VZW is discounting data-intensive phones because people pay more per month with them than a dumb-phone. I think it's f*ing ridiculous to sell a $600 phone for 50-200 dollars, but I don't make the prices, just sell them.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 11:13

Why is it ridiculous to sell a phone for a greatly discounted price? The discounted price comes from the carrier when you sign an agreement. The carrier stands to make much more over the term than if they were to sell full priced phones and scare away a customer altogether. When you look at the total package long term and the volume you can bring in for the cheap phones you will see it makes complete sense to sell a $600 retail phone for $200 + 2 year agreement. Also consider the carrier gets the phone for less than retail price so its not like they are forgoing that much money to lure a customer in and keep them for multiple years.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 13:13

36. Artytheparty (unregistered)

Im sure most locations will run out. Alot of us Indirect Reps who work on commission only have huge lists to call on people waiting on this phone.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 15:27

I hope indirect locations get it around the same time as corporate. When the voyager launched last year, our stores didn't get them til almost february. Our huge call list narrowed down a lot by that time.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 19:57

66. Gankburgerinparadise (unregistered)

I doubt indirect will get it around the same time. Most of our locations haven't seen some of the newest phones that the website (and I'm assuming direct stores) advertises at the moment. I haven't heard about any special extra hours or events for the launch so far. I wasn't there for the Voyager launch, but some of my coworkers tell me they're expecting the same kind of thing this time around. Part of the reason that happened before was (according to our VZW rep, so take it with a grain of salt) LG only made about 8/10 of the amount that VZW wanted. Our RIM rep says that won't happen, but I'm expecting to see the phone in our stores no sooner than mid-December. We'll see...as long as we keep getting the cheap phones in, I'm getting paid. Not a whole lot of people buy the premium handsets in my location (*cough cough*....ghetto) as it is.

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 10:53

Im hoping we carry it right away, we had the Voyager the day it came out and sold all 15 before noon. So hopefully the storm will be the same and I heard that its going to be $270 with a $70 and outright is $699

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 13:24

37. meh (unregistered)

Will there be lines for the release? Like, will I have to wait for out overnight to get this phone?

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 13:25

38. jrcrow (unregistered)

lol..VZW!!....Sprint is the same coverage as Sprint..but actually fits the bill with Sprint and VZW gives you an IV to your wallett!

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:44

hmm Sprint is the same coverage as Sprint, maybe you want to rethink what you just said

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 22:07

69. X3V3N (unregistered)

That tripped u out too eh?

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:02

im sure it will not be more then 199 because of the price of the iphone 3g.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:07

47, its nowhere near the same, go to a vzw store one day. they have comparison maps of every carrier. if you want a good laugh, look at att vs vzw coverage.. att looks like a start up carrier.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 17:40

Yeah. I'm sure those maps are unbiased and 100% accurate.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 18:53

Those maps are based on each carriers maps, no carrier changes the other carriers maps nor do they falsify their own.... that's called ILLEGAL.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 18:57

Right.

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 08:17

or a lawsuit for misrepresentation... which att is going through for their 3g coverage

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:08

As a member of the "Information Age", I am totally intrigued at what I have learned in this forum. I didn't learn much about phones, but am reminded that there are some really smart people, really dumb people and as always some really clever people out there. With all the hype the makers of these phones give us, it's too bad we consumers can't stick together to help each other out.