BlackBerry Q5 is announced – affordable and colorful, with portrait QWERTY keyboard
0. phoneArena 14 May 2013, 08:41 posted on
As expected, a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone was announced today, tailored for the needs of budget-conscious consumers. Meet the BlackBerry Q5 - an affordable, colorful handset sporting a full QWERTY keyboard positioned underneath its display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
People like you are still alive?
27. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Blackberry themselves proved the irrelevance of a qwerty with surprisingly brilliant keyboard on the Z10...
30. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
what a waste of precious material... could have made a GS4 or an HTC one with that... you know what they say 'waste not want not'
32. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
its probably the same material for a GS4 too LOL.Those things are built like crap
34. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
touch screen phones get really annoying to type on if you use it for business
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why Q5? This is not BlackBerry 5.
They should've name it S10 or T10 or whatever name that has an alphabet and a 10 on it.
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What I mean is why they named it Q5? This is a BB10 phone, they should name it an alphabet with a 10 on it, not an alphabet with a 5.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because I'm interested on new phones. That's why.
10. saurik (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 May 2013)
But your question makes no sense at all. It's like, iPhone 5 runs iOS 6, so why didn't they name it iPhone 6?
It's obvious that these BB10 smartphones are bound to run a future version of their OS, BB11 probably? So according to you a Z10 running BB11 would make no sense at all, right?
The name Q10 was already taken and this phone had to be named with a 'Q' cause it's a qwerty phone! So Q5 sounds okay, what's the big deal?
25. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
actually blackberry has traditionally been very poor when it comes to OS updates. Most past Blackberry phones didnt get upgrades from the previous version. I know on Sprint for instance, last one we had get an upgrade was the bold 9650 got upgraded from BB OS 5 to 6. We didnt have any phones upgrade from 6 to 7, no 7 to 10, a couple 4 to 5s.
Hopefully things will change with them and they will offer better legacy support, we'll see.
20. lovefist (unregistered)
does it really matter what name they give it to that phone?
22. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
This is the worst comment I have ever seen of any website, period.
5. Kelley71 (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
How this form factor is out-surviving sliders I'll never understand.
12. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Sliders require one to slide out the keyboard, plus the 'slider connection' part has always been a weakness on the form.
With this you type and just put the thing on standby when done. Slimmer than sliders too.
13. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Sliders are usually not a comfortable typing experience. The top level overhang almost always gets in the way of the top row of buttons. And with horizontal sliders, the phone is usually uncomfortable and unwieldy to hold.
17. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I hear you though. BlackBerry Torch was the only BB that ever appealed to me. I love the OG Droid form factor, but three years later they still weren't able to make it less than half inch thick. Sadly the qwerty Android and Windows phones have died out.
11. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Looks as if it was a toy
One word : Fugly
24. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
better than galaxy
31. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Galaxy is better than your cheapo curve
18. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
those keys on the keyboard look awfully small in the pictures. i dont think i would have an enjoyable time typing with that keyboard.