BlackBerry Q10 hands-on
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 12:52 posted on
We can reconfirm that it is a very well-built device, with a compact chassis that leaves you with a solid feel in the hand, and the grip is further aided by the soft touch plastic on the back. The handset exudes an overall premium feel with very responsive side keys and deep key travel on the physical QWERTY keyboard - something we've come to expect from this BlackBerry form factor, and the Q10 doesn't disappoint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
it is so goood that when it falls on road it breaks ...
2. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
This is the one that's gonna sell, I know too many people waiting for the release of Q10, Z10 is another story entirely, i dont think it offers anything different from Android and IOS, Blackberry fans love their qwerty hardware controls for bbm, me including!
5. Chakapack (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
QWERTY keyboard is very good and this phone with BB 10 and that resolution will be good!
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The biggest problem for RIM/BB is the slow release cycle. June is too late. Everyone else has done their releases and most will have been shipping for a couple of months or so. Day late and a dollar short.
3. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
BB will not make it. Sorry guys. Qwerty died a long time ago.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I still use my Nokia E72, and loving it
14. Chakapack (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I had a E63 and his keyboard was excellent
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Is it me or does BB10 look even more similar to BB7 in the Q10s screen. If you ask me this is a radical overhaul BB need to survive...
10. slaggyb (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Its you alone...there is absolutely no similarities between bb7 and bb10.....I own the 9900 and so patiently waiting for the Q10
6. papss (unregistered)
this should have came first IMO for BB. it may be little too late though... seems Apple and WP are getting the contracts for businesses..
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Where is Nicolas Oliver and pikapowerize ,bad news for Nicolas, even tho BB10 @ WP8 will be failing, no matter what they remain in rejects, while Android and iOS dominates™®©
11. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I like the Q10 and think it will be successful. But it won't be 2005-2006 successful. I love the portrait qwerty form factor. I wish they would have went with a 3.5 inch screen. I would buy a Q10.
12. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Looks beautiful as far as design.. But once you go android it's very hard to turn away.
13. TheMan (Posts: 488; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I agree that BB should have run with the Q10 first. First, hardcore BB users love/miss their keyboards (I hear from these people almost daily). Second, there's far less competition for a keyboard device. To date, these Android devices seemed ideal for the under-25 set. When was the last higher-end QWERTY Android released?
Look, BB's going to have to pick a market niche because it can't be Samsung by offering dozens of products. Rather, it will have to be a niche producer and target...business customers/users (what a surprise). For these customers, BB just has to be good enough: a reliable, competent business communication tool. Certainly, it will likely lose to BYOD houses, which will likely reflect Android and iOS's market dominance.
(I still don't understand why anyone would select iOS if working with MS Office since the iPhone's stock repertoire lacks a file management system and can only attach photos or video to email.)
Anyway, it seems clear to me what BB's survival tactics must be.
16. mahmoodh (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
Do we need the BlackBerry Internet Service for accessing online features? or is it required only BBM?
17. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
thank god a 3.5 at the top
looks very promising!!