BlackBerry Q10 first look
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2013, 12:35 posted on
Physically, the BlackBerry Q10 is the updated version of the last-generation Bold. To tell you the truth, we loved the sweet industrial design of the Bold 9900 from a while ago, but with the Q10, they’ve brought over many elements that it shares with its predecessor. Checking it for the first...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think the biggest problem for BB is availability in the U.S. I see further erosion in U.S. market share for BB - all because competing phones will be SHIPPING sooner.
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
agree, but BB might be planning things through, they need to seal their market first outside US, where they are not that damage, and they are still on top!
but BB also need to have it available on US market ASAP, before the hype that the new android phones will make!
2. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
360 ppi screen? It's ~328 by my count...
3. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Sorry, Blackberry. Too little, too late. I tried, really, but just couldn't get excited about it. I feel I'm looking at an iPhone, with a virtual BB style keyboard. I just don't see how this new generation is going to succeed in competing with the likes of the GSIII.
4. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Dunno why, but this Q10 seems to be more interesting than the Z10. :|
5. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
After reading sloppily written messages clearly composed on glass keyboards, I know why the Q10 is more interesting.
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well actually im pretty sure z10 wont be price $199 on contract, maybe the q10 but not the z10, the q10 is made with premium materials while z10 is plastic but well build!
im pretty sure RIM will still announce their flagship full touch later this year, the quad core beast!
coz this q10 will still be available on june right, while z10 will be available this feb/march...
18. cdgoin (Posts: 495; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Because all other smart phones look the same a rectangle with buttons and the Z10 looks like a iPhone more than anything Samsung made. The Q10 looks like an updated Blackberry.. why go out first with the Z10 is beyond me.
6. snowgator (Posts: 3547; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
BlackBerry enthusiasts will be pumped for this one. I wish they had picked a slightly larger screen- a 3.5" to a 3.8" screen might have worked and appealed to a slightly larger group of consumers. But Bold/Curve users are rejoicing, and the Z10 is more for the "new" consumer BB wants.
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
do you like a 3.8 screen on a box shape? i think 3.1 is enough since this is a box screen (720x720 or 1:1)
20. snowgator (Posts: 3547; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I believe the Motorola Droid Pro had a 3.6" screen, and it was very compact, still.
But, no arguments. BB knows their consumers. 3.1" will most likely be enough.
7. TeamSamsung (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
as an android lover i still have to commend the way blackberry cleaned up their act
8. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
This phone is very unique, android phones with similar form factor (atleast the ones in my country) are just entry level phones with modest specs.
14. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Not only your country. There is simply no reasonably specked Android with physical keyboard.
12. downphoenix (Posts: 3143; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I know some people will scoff at the screen size, but what similarly speced phone out there, besides the iphone, are at a smaller screen size? None. With android, if you want big specs, you gotta take big size too. Not everybody wants big size. Its good that Blackberry recognizes this and gives us very powerful phones in smaller but still reasonable form factors. Similarly sized androids are usually at BEST mid range specs.
19. reindeer_nation (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
I agree!! I had an HTC Status and it was pretty good.
13. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
I love physical portrait QWERTY keyboards so I am waiting for this one. I hope it will be usable without the BB data plan.
My biggest disappointment is that they have removed the touchpad and all the interaction with the OS should go through the touch screen and the keyboard is only for typing.
I want hardware call answer/reject buttons as well :)
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Looks very nice BB but you're launch date will make your stock fall EVEN SHORTER
16. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
i am and always will be a sucker for a nice keyboard, even though I've never particularly fancied the portrait qwerty arrangement. Look forward to seeing how BB10 develops, I might look into it once my contract is up
17. cdgoin (Posts: 495; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
I really like the Q10.. just wish it had the WindowsPhone operating system on it.
If Nokia or HTC don't come out with a replacement for my DVP, I may have to consider the Q10 though.