BlackBerry Pearl for Verizon/Sprint and 83xx for T-Mobile on May 7

This article contains unofficial information.

BlackBerry Pearl for Verizon/Sprint and 83xx for T-Mobile on May 7
BlackBerry 8300 for Vodafone

BlackBerry 8300 for Vodafone

The sexy Pearl is going to make its debut on the CDMA market, coming to US’s biggest CDMA carriers (Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS) at the same time. This is a logical step, after both T-Mobile and AT&T Cingular have been offering it in two color versions. The Pearl has proven as an innovation for RIM and become a hit. May 07 is the date, when the Pearl should launch in CDMA markets.

T-Mobile will get its Wi-Fi capable version of the 8300-series (probably 8320) at the same date. The 8300 series are positioned between the small (Pearl) and the hi-end (8800) devices of the manufacturer. Europe customers will not wait for them, too, as photos of Vodafone version already appeared.

via Pinstack

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. jaime v (unregistered)

Yea@! I'm getting one as soon as they come out @! come on ! Crackberry+cam+full keyboard+full web broser+inst email! my dram phone! i hope it gets a 2 meg Cam!

posted on 05 Apr 2007, 13:28

2. Matt (unregistered)

Uh...The pearl does not have a full keyboard. It is Sure type.

posted on 09 Apr 2007, 13:05

3. Brandon (unregistered)

I have heard nor seen any pictures for this phone, I know they will ne getting that Vzw will be getting the 8830 in mid May but not the Pearl.

posted on 09 Apr 2007, 13:07

4. Brandon Cassatt (unregistered)

Correction, I need to proof read my posts better. I meant to say VZW will be getting the 8830, but not the Pearl.

posted on 09 Apr 2007, 13:48

5. BlackBerry KNG (unregistered)

I switched to tmobile for this phone and its great! The camera is not the best, and the media player is real slow. I have played with cingulars 8800 and its great also. Blackberry just needs to step it up and add more multimedia functions. The younger crowds use email they just need a full featured phone this is why it hasn't become as popular as RIM would like.

posted on 12 Apr 2007, 15:02

6. cae (unregistered)

So will verizon be getting the Blackberry pearl ever?

posted on 13 Apr 2007, 10:26

7. tenderbeef (unregistered)

serious, i been holding on from jumping ship for a month now. this was all due to rumors of a bb pearl for verizon. anyone please comfirm this....

posted on 17 Apr 2007, 17:43

8. jaime v (unregistered)

well think about it the phones in other networks like tmobil or at&t used a dif format, our network uses the best brew or data on the phones thats why the menus are reponsive easy to use and features like Mp3 Vznav and even the mobil web are faster cant wait to see this phone . ps theres several rumors that theres going to be a get it now capable Pda & BBerry the pearl may be it!

posted on 18 Apr 2007, 21:23

9. tech guy (unregistered)

uh the get it now capable pda will be a version of the Q...

posted on 30 Apr 2007, 15:56

10. Dee (unregistered)

any update on when the verizon is coming out with the pearl?

posted on 03 May 2007, 12:34

11. Kristin (unregistered)

May 14th is the release date for the VZW pearl. It's silver. Google blackberry pearl and it'll come up for you.

posted on 06 May 2007, 15:54

12. R (unregistered)

all i found was that the the 8830 releases on May 14th. Is it still confirmed that the pearl will be released tomorrow, May 7th? If so, will the local Verizon stores be carrying it on that day? Or wiil it only be available online?

posted on 07 May 2007, 15:09

13. Pearlizon (unregistered)

i didn't see that in my google search. can you refer to a link?

posted on 07 May 2007, 15:11

14. Pearlizon (unregistered)

its May 07 and nothing... I guess it is the 14th?

posted on 07 May 2007, 16:02

15. jason (unregistered)

i think we all knew this wasnt coming out on the 7th...just wait a couple of days and there should be an answer as to when the next blackberry is coming to verizon...if we dont hear anything this week(because of WES going on ) then we wont hear anything for a long time.

posted on 07 May 2007, 17:40

16. Scott (unregistered)

I went by the verizon store today and the reps hadn't heard anything about the pearl. The 8830 (cyclone) will be available online on the 14th and in stores on the 28th.

posted on 07 May 2007, 20:01

17. Jessica (unregistered)

I guess it was just a rumor. No blackberry pearl for verizon :(

posted on 07 May 2007, 20:03

18. jason (unregistered)

verizon reps are either the worst informed reps of any wireless company, or they all know how to keep a secret. I will go with the first of the two. I have always gotten different answers from every rep that i ask about upcoming handsets. Anyway, look at rimarkable.com and there is a link saying q2 of this year for the pearl....who knows if it is true. I just thought that i would spread what info i have found

posted on 08 May 2007, 13:12

19. Pearlizon (unregistered)

When does the second financial quarter start?

posted on 08 May 2007, 15:33

20. Maxint (unregistered)

http://www.rimarkable.com/archives/1351 says Q2... April, May, June

posted on 10 May 2007, 13:27

21. Ryan Ellerbe (unregistered)

I have heard from a good source that Alltel will get the pearl in Q3 , so maybe it will get on Verizon by at least June. June will still be Q2 so we will see.

posted on 11 May 2007, 23:54

22. jason (unregistered)

this has got to be the biggest secret ever kept by any carrier.....bring this phone out already...i think that everyone with a brain knows that a multimedia blackberry will sooner or later come out for verizon, so why not leak some info.....leaked info creates hype...hype creates sales. i want the pearl already.

posted on 31 May 2007, 21:08

23. Scea (unregistered)

I've been hitting the sites every other day in hopes that it's now here. My 2yr old phone is near death (dies after 10mins of use, but revives if turned off for 5mins, only to last another 10mins- this is with a new battery too). If by end of June (if I can hold out that long) it's not available, and there isn't anything comparible out by then, i'll probably jump to another carrier. I like verizon, but other than this phone rumored to come out in their line, none of their other phones appeal to me.

posted on 01 Sep 2007, 20:55

24. The Answer (unregistered)

I talked to corporate personally; the Blackberry Pearl is not coming to Verizon Wireless. They are making a phone that resembles the Pearl, however it is more likely that it will resemble the Motorola Q more so. Sorry to break your hopes.

posted on 21 Oct 2007, 22:32

25. Lacie (unregistered)

The Pearl does NOT come out in May '07, it comes out in mid-November '07.

posted on 02 Nov 2007, 17:28

26. Lacie (unregistered)

"The Answer", Verizon IS getting the Blackberry Pearl. The real thing. November 8, 2007. I don't know what you're talking about.