BlackBerry Passport concept shows how the phone will look in white
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2014, 19:36 posted on
The handset that BlackBerry hopes will make it relevant in the high-end market, has received mixed reviews for its looks. With a 1440 x 1440 resolution screen, the BlackBerry Passport is admittedly boxy. It is also wider than most handsets. But with a screen size under 5 inches, the Passport is expected to offer a extremely high pixel density, and a unique QWERTY keyboard...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Busyboy (unregistered)
Unique and Beautiful!
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Look very unique!! Pretty nice! Not for everyone, but that's the beauty of it.
39. Johnnokia (Posts: 958; Member since: 27 May 2012)
In every BlackBerrry Article, there are more than 100 comments.. The majority of them are off-topic or fighting among the users ..
What is happening guys ??
If someone does not like BlackBerry just keep away from its related articles. It is getting really annoying.
The black Passport is wonderful, but I'm still waiting to buy the next high end full touch BlackBerry.
75. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The same idiots troll WP articles as well.. Just ignore them..
42. TheOldOne (Posts: 159; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
when will BB understand that the pool of nostalgic people for real keyboard phones is not so big anymore? Almost everyone is able to write as fast, if not faseter, on on-screen keyboards nowadays.
This company... o much wasted potential...
46. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I would disagree. Whereas there have been many qwerty phones in the past that people have dropped in favor of touchscreen keyboards, almost everyone I know agrees that Blackberry keyboards are among the best to type on. Have you tried typing on an on screen keyboard for long paragraphs? It can be tiresome. Touchscreen keyboards are great for text messages and the like, but for enterprise users who create lengthy emails they require a more comfortable keyboard.
60. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Maybe they should learn to use swype. swype is faster than QWERTY thumb-board. Also, voice input is the next big things.
68. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Swype isn't always accurate. I find sometimes I have to redo a swype in order to get a word or the word may not even be in the dictionary yet. Also hyphenated words seem to be a problem for swype.
While voice input is a good alternative, it isn't something you would use in a public space. Can you imagine being at the airport and overhearing someone dictate their personal message? Not to mention its not a viable option in loud environments or ones with a lot of background noise.
74. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Good answer Dr. Phil, I love to talk to you...
While swype isn't as accurate, it is learning your habit, and the words you type. The more you use it, the more accurate it became.
And while voice input is not good alternative as you said it, using voice input in combination with swype. i.e using voice input while alone, and swype while in the public is a better alternative than QWERTY thumb-board.
This is the reason why iphone kill bb in the first place. Because user don't want to waste their screen estate for thumb-board. and as for lengthy message, real QWERTY keyboard is better than thumb-board
98. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I agree with the real estate perspective. I think they alleviate that with the 4.5 inch display that has about the same space as a 5 inch screen. And I do hope they continue to create touchscreen devices. I wouldn't mind seeing a new iteration of their "Storm" device either. I think they were getting closer and closer to a comfortable touchscreen device. I'm just going to wait for a hands on this fall to see if Blackberry is still in the game or a lost cause.
59. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
BB passport really looks great, unfortunately it doesn't come with androidOS
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Yet again always let down by the specs.
BB you need to keep up with Sony, Htc, and Samsung, LG.
Nice boxy looking.
4. Busyboy (unregistered)
How are specs a let-down? The screen is sharper than most phones on the market and an SD 800 is almost identical to the 801. Plus I'm sure this can rock a SD 600 with ease so stop complaining, processor specs are pointless as long as everything runs smoothly. If this has a dual core and ran smooth why would you complain?
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Options is great to have
I don't like smooth, I like fast and powerful.
BB is always behind when it comes to specs
9. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You still haven't explained how this phone is a let down. It has a quad-core processor and 3gigs of ram. Internal storage is 32 gigs and it takes an sd card. BlackBerry is not behind with the specs, they just don't add specs for the sake of adding specs. BB10 is smooth, fast and powerful on DUAL-CORE, it will decimate its competitors on quad-core. You're just TROLLING like you do WP.
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
O I didn't no about the specs. That it's same as the Note3.
No I'm not trolling.
Thanks for clarifying the specs. I must say it has a great specs.
I don't like WP, so I voice my reason and point out the disadvantages, so I'm a troll....? So if I dislike something, I'm a troll...? Wth. Lmao.
You must be a fanboy?
13. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You ADMIT that you don't like WP, and yet you still go to WP articles to post because?....
I can understand pointing some disadvantages on one or two posts, but to do it on almost EVERY WP article? That's TROLLING, dude.
You must be a troll.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love Nokia
Read my username = Nokia8800 Carbon Arte.
I am being forced to use WP.
You are a fanboy, not me. Look at your posts on the last BB article. Your kicking off and being repulsive and poking and proding users who dislike BB.
I'm no fanboy, but a fanboy of power and designer brands.
28. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You are a troll.
Loving Nokia does not mean that you don't troll WP articles.
Because you do troll WP articles.
And now you're trolling BlackBerry.
That makes you a troll.
I don't give a sh!t what your username says.
Nobody is forcing you to use WP.
It's your money, spend it something you like.
You are a fandroid.
And, it would seem, an iZombie.
Look at all of your posts on WP articles, you TROLL WP every chance you get. You are repulsive and poking and providing users that like WP.
You are a TROLL of WP and now BlackBerry.
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love Android and Linux, BB runs on Linux family
Wth is wrong with you.? I've never disliked BB.
Man your new here, so you don't have no idea who likes what platform.
I dislike Apple
61. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
meanestgenius is NOT new here.
He was thealphageek1, old member, and GOT BANNED for being abusive & tempramental.
I believe he might be a PA reader even before becoming alphageek1. I just don't remember (now) who he was before..
81. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I'm not new here. I just don't like trolls.
Wth is wrong with you?
You troll every OS except Android.
Give it a rest..
54. panjgoori (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
no one is forcing you for anything. i like Nokia. but i don't like WP so im using BB.
26. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm telling you.. Just ignore the pathetic trolls. It's impossible talk sense into a brick wall... Don't let them bother you...
62. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
AGREE, I think arte-8800 should ignore meanestgenius. meanestgenius is a real troll, and hot tempered girl.
80. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
YOU are the real troll here. Everyone knows this.
88. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
WP fan here... I know a real troll when I see one, and I know who's the real troll here. We all do.. Not to hard when it's the same fools on every article.
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
To me these specs are midrange.
I'm a power user, who loves and likes extreme power and torque.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Intel Atom, Silvermont, Baytrails, Arm A15, A57, these are extreme CPUs, not Snapdragon.
18. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Still doesn't make said devices midrange. That's just your opinion.
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
S800 series are a midrange comparing it to Apples A7 Cpu.
24. Busyboy (unregistered)
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Try to participate, rather than assuming.
27. Busyboy (unregistered)
"I'm a power user, who loves and likes extreme power and torque."
Tell me what you use, an iPhone to meet those demands? LOL alright
63. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Arte just stating his oppinion, just like JC stating his oppion about how bad knox were... Is arte stating that passport is not good enough is a crime? C'mon...
34. tatail (Posts: 246; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
This comment is directed to both Arte-8800 and meanestgenius.
Guys please calm down.
@meanestgenius I wouldn't call Arte-8800 a troll, he has not said anything nonsense, he just had an opinion and you replied to his opinion and that is cool, but anything further than is not necessary.
@Arte-8800 we BlackBerry users and maybe fans are fed up to the point where we can't stand it anymore. As you know yourself there a few guys who do nothing but troll BlackBerry articles and all they say that they hate BlackBerry and die BlackBerry, every senescence that comes to their mind they write it down.
So it is a request that you guys take it easy. Let the real trolls do the trolling and meanestgenius (MG) save your energy for the real trolls (Wah, apiskula and etc).
48. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And Martin cooper Ajagtiani john nokia nicolas oliver, these are BB haters and trolls. Not me .
I love BB
He is new here and does he not know who are the haters.
83. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Again, not new here. I just call it like I see it.
64. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
So, JC can pick a fight like a teenage girl, but arte can't say what on his mind? Cmon...
89. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If he's not a real troll then explain what it is that he does on every WP article... Why don't you go take a look..
I appreciate you trying to be civil, but right now you are encouraging, and condoning, the biggest troll currently on PA... You didn't know?
97. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Says the biggest hardcore WP fan boy.
You got banned sevrals time by Phonearena for trolling, not me.
My negative things about WP, really gets your spine tingling, that you kick of and call others rude names. Instead of join in in the discussion.
Rodney stop that.
29. great (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
because the os doesn't need much specs ...it is designed to run buttery smooth with low hard ware requirements !
65. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
that because the BB10 OS do nothing, because it has nothing.
43. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 722; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
That's like saying you prefer horsepower over speed, and will take a MAC over a Ferrari any day... Really?
56. shihte (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Sep 2013)
Blackberry doesn't need 4 and more core. It runs fine on 2
Did you own any?
66. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
WP also don't need 4 cores, so say nokia/microsoft, but in the end.....
3. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
A liitle wide but nonetheless classy.!
The type of phone someone would like to be seen with.
Good job chen.!
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I don't know yet if this is real, but I like it.. Looks cool!!
10. meanestgenius (Posts: 7335; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Nice look! Can't wait for the actual phone to be released.
15. jellmoo (Posts: 1117; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Of all the devices coming out in the near future, this is by far the one I am most excited about.
20. DRO_ID (Posts: 40; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
It's fun coming here to see the 18 Blackberry fanboys remaining drool over an ugly ass device that's not gonna save the company. lmao! I mean that is so gross, and how the hell does that even look comfortable to type on?Blackberry are so damn delusional. I'm not even sorry for them anymore. Just DIE already. smh!!
22. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Here come meanestgenius to counter attack.