BlackBerry CEO says Samsung will never have "top-notch" security
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2013, 19:05 posted on
BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins is not afraid to take shots at the competition, and given the state that BlackBerry is in, that's probably not a bad thing. Heins' latest target is Samsung, which is to be expected since Samsung's latest software update will be aiming directly at BlackBerry's core business: enterprise. But, Mr. Heins says that Samsung will never be able to offer "top-notch" security...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
According to his logic WWW should collapse ...
3. jcarrigan (unregistered)
And blackberry will never regain the popular they once had. Although once a great empire of qwerty keyboard smartphones, is now a sorry piece o crap 4.2 inch phone that wouldve been relevant if it came out in 2011 :)
48. jsdechavez (Posts: 701; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This is a rather fanboyish article Michael H. Mac is more secure than a Windows.
49. jcarrigan (unregistered)
hey i thought i told you to stop bragging about some weird fruit company and make my mac n cheese dammit! :) lol
And dont for get my KEY LIME PIE HAHA!
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well. NOKIA and BB are in the same boat, struggling dieing company, so I doubt he would counter attack on Tublmbling Down Nokia as there in there last hopes™
47. znellu (Posts: 69; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Seriously you are the biggest ever troll in PA! I might start hating Android only the reason that it has got fans like you :|
23. MarioGomez (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
The only mistake that Nokia did is that they did not adopt Android. Otherwise, it is a flawless company producing the best hardware ever. It has more than 16000 patents.
Nokia means another phone's world and another story.
No one can sued them or talk badly about them
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Samsung will never have "top-notch" security" - Says CEO of dying company...
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about BlackBerry and security, article on PhoneArena.com "BlackBerry 10 rejected by UK government - not secure enough": http://goo.gl/7hJ2u
39. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
That article was published on many different web sites and has been removed because it is false (the only site that has not removed it is phonearena.com). The UK government says it takes them 7 months to pass or fail. They have not even begun to test it yet. (this is directly from them) LOL...
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
He is in big stress and underpressure, looks like he's not him self! Talking nonsense and bogus trash!
I dont see NicolasOliver commenting....?
Micheal H why was Pikapowerize banned.....?
19. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2664; Member since: 26 May 2011)
No idea who Pikapowerize is, so I can't say why he was banned. Sorry.
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
By the way do you like BB or the new BB10?
What do you think of it?
What phones do you own MichealHeller.....?
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that Michael H. likes Ubuntu. :)
43. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2664; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I do run Ubuntu as my primary OS on my laptop, Chromebook secondary, and Windows 8 as a backup if all else fails.
45. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2664; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I haven't played around with BB10 yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
27. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The one who likes to bash android and bb
Anyway, just stfu heins.. Your platform isn't good
Michael h has nexus 4
44. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2664; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Correct you are. I've got a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Plus there's an HTC Radar sitting around the house, but I really do need to get rid of that. And, my wife has an iPad, so I sometimes use that, just to see how things are going with iOS.
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like you got thumbed down for mentioning iPad and W8....?
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5624; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This kind of trash talk from the CEO of BB/RIM is the clearest indication yet of how desperate the situation is at BB/RIM. The GS III internal memory plus removable memory card can be encrypted to AES256, which is the gold standard for data security. Communication from the handset to the rest of the world is a function that is out of the handset manufacturer control. All of the more secure protocols are supported by both GS III and IV, so this is just further proof of how desperate things are at BB/RIM.
25. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
its actually a common tactic in politics. it shouldn't be surprising its happening now.
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5624; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Heins wants to pursue a career track in politics, he should not waste any time. His future at RIM/BB isn't looking too rosy. He certainly has the fundamental skills (trash talking) down quite well.
35. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i dont understand the hatred. each brand attacks one another. it's just how f'ed up so called *business has become
4. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
even james bond uses an android phone... who needs bb anymore...
6. Ale749 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
The perfect phone would be an iPhone with Blackberry Messenger with the battery life and resistance of a Nokia 1100
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I knewed you would get thumbed down!
iPhone yea in you're dreams™
12. Ale749 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
On twitter it had over thousand retweets and here it gets about 6 thumbs down
15. quakan (Posts: 1160; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You're on Android Central...erggh...I mean Phonearena : )
37. vincelongman (Posts: 1063; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
In my opinion on this site there is about the same number of Andriod and iOS fans, but there are far less Window 8 and BlackBerry fans.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6274; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
no phone never had TOP NOTCH SECUIRTY includes BB. Everything is hackable
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Isn't Android customizable to your own specification needs by CIA, Mi5 Governments normally use "LINUX" they never use Miscrosoft!
10. MrJerry (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
What's wrong with this guy lately?
Bashing everyone makes you actually a fool
29. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
you're wrong, this guy isnt the htc, apple and LG guys against s4
14. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
And Blackberry will never be relevant in the smartphone market again... what's his point?
16. bubbadoes (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Thats ok and BB will never have top notch smartphone
18. WyclefJean (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
What's top notch according to todays standards?? Outdated phones?? Beh!
26. Bozzor (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Somehow, I think he may not be aware of certain facts...
28. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Apparently mc1123 isn't brave enough to post a comment
31. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
This guy is rediculous.
It's funny how Goliath throws the stones these days, especially years after he was first knocked down.
32. techloverNYC (Posts: 392; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
This guy seems to be getting more and more desperate. His bold claims of Blackberry 10 is unrealistic and his accusations to other company are not back up by any fact or info.
Ppl who use BB say the phone os is fast and fluid, therefore no need for the high end specs. But u end up paying more than an high end Android phone or high end window phone. The only ppl who benefit this is BB, selling low spec phone with high price = GIANT PROFIT (we have to admit before iphone, BB was killing the competitions).
Fact is BB 10 is a big disappointment to the public customers
34. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the authors from this webpage has proven the fact that the os behind blackberry is optimized for lesser hardware.
so i did what any smart american would. i went and tried and the fact that it can multitask on the fly with the various other apps running at the same time unlike any other os i have tried.
ios can't multitask, it can in certain low task functions.
windows sort of multi tasks but not really
android sort of multi tasks
the ten actually multitasks. i don't know how to explain it, for example you can watch youtube, place it in the background and open up several other apps and watch them operate and it does it without stuttering or even a hiccup
i can only say that can happen in android when the rom has been optimized by a combination of different devs and after a series of updates
36. techloverNYC (Posts: 392; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Doesnt the Note 2 and S3 have muti screen function (not to mention s4 and Note 3 on the way)? U can watch video and send messages, emails, web etc at the same time. This function was one of the main focus of Samsung advertisement last year. Their ad were all over the world, u never saw even one? I guess this proof Andriod can run 2 apps at the same time lol
My nexus 4 also runs multiple apps at the same time with no lagg at all (over 15 backgrounds apps at once sometimes).
Andriod has gotten to the point when it can do everything at ease. I think Andriod has gotten far enough to say after the JellyBean update ,there wont be much or even at all lag.
Check out some videos on youtube for the latest phones demos for proof.
P.S: I never custom the roms or anything, the muti - screen function for Samsung comes with the phone.
51. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Its a tech site and i think u know that hardware is only the half of any gadget experience. Without a capable and intelligent software u end up with a device which is wasting natural resources. People of his caliber knows better than us(security regarding current situation of open sourced mobile OS's) and BB is in dying situation not in GIANT PROFIT situation. He is not desperate; in stead ur thinking is handicapped.
33. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Hes been attackng other companies all week doesnt he have anything better to do?
38. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5280; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Stop it Mr.Heins, stop the blah blah blah thing!
40. taikucing (unregistered)
sounds like a desperate saying from BB CEO.
50. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I am sorry but i think Mr Heins is right. Open source project is not under heavy security attack because of its clean reputation and most of the time doesn't ask for money. But the way android is evolving and eCommerce is merging in the mobile phone ecosystem it is a matter of time that the security holes will be exploited. And open source platform are easy to breach than a closed one. And most of the time half backed software are released under open source which again makes it more prone to security hole.
52. JayQ330 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I hate to admit the truth but Samsung wont be considered a to notch phone ass long add it's a $700 plastic piece of phone & Samsung did state that plastic is there preferred & will continue to be there choice material for ass long as the can sell it. Also blackberry is known ass a business phone & only a business phone unlike other new phone trying to ever there territory, so even if they do get in it'll have to work to the blackberry style of is & hardware with let's face it has z actual in & on its frame.