BlackBerry CEO Heins not happy with how long it takes carriers to update OS
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 01:30 posted on
With Verizon customers sporting the BlackBerry Z10 still waiting for the BlackBerry 10.1 update, the Canadian manufacturer's CEO is not a happy camper; Thorsten Heins explains how it is hard for his team to talk to U.S. carriers about BlackBerry features when certain mobile operators have yet to bring out a certain OS update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 8logic (Posts: 131; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
really? who is happy with the carriers update?????
11. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
thats why i buy all of my phones factory unlocked you get updates when they come out instead of waiting for the update to go through the carrier.also no carrier bloat and i can slide in any SIM and go
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Him and everyone else with a smartphone!!!
4. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
XDA says "Fixed with some mods to improve the devices speeds and add some features."
8. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Lumia 900 says "How can they forget me,just 7.8 ???, i was the flagship and now so easily they left me ??"
7. daniel_bargs (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
blackberry will be dead in 2 yeas :)
Nokia? in 2 years maybe :) hahahahah unless they go and make Android phone + WP8 + all other OS just like Samsung.
9. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Both Google and Apple push updates directly to their phones, BB needs to start thinking that way.
And yes, I'm referring to the Nexus lineup (minus Verizon screwing even that up).
10. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 298; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Customers to BlackBerry CEO Heins: "Welcome to our world"