BlackBerry CEO Chen talks to the White House, encouraging continued BlackBerry use
The first BlackBerry CEO who actually has a pedigree in turning around a major company, Chen has met or talked with 100 customers and said that he spoke with the White House about "some of the stuff they like and some of the stuff they would like us to work on." According to White House spokesman Josh Earnest, the president's phone is not discussed publicly due to security issues. White House staff are given government issued BlackBerry models.
One other interesting tidbit from John Chen came when he told Bloomberg that he rather fancies the company's old Research In Motion moniker. Former CEO Thorsten Heins changed the company's name to BlackBerry when he unveiled BlackBerry 10 early last year. Chen did say that he hasn't given a thought to changing the name of the company back to RIM.
We wonder what the White House and the president would think about a 64 bit octa-core powered BlackBerry.
1. NewroticSlob (Posts: 45; Member since: 09 May 2013)
Keep rockin' it, Mr. Chen! The man knows how to communicate.
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't blame Chen for trying but we all know BlackBerry is dead and can't catch up in the consumer market. No room for 4th place.
4. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
BlackBerry is definitely ALIVE and doing better every day. You and all the other BlackBerry haters will see this soon enough.
2. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Well, at last the article's thumbnail isn't one of that guy's face picture again. I'm getting sick of it already.
5. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
If BlackBerry is good enough for the POTUS, then their good enough for me! John Chen is doing a great job and things will only get better with him in charge of BlackBerry.
7. verty (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Fanboy go take a sit and let the real men talk business..,.afterall you are just a boy, a boring boy!
8. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Look at this little p**k a** mofo, talking sh**! I am much older than you, little girl. Have some respect when a grown man speaks, troll-a** bi**h!
9. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And it's "take a SEAT", not "take a sit". Learn proper grammar if you're trying to come at someone, bi**h!
10. verty (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Hehehehehehehe. Where is your manners alpha geek we are on the same side. Was refering to fanboy 1974. Also its take a sit. Not take a seat. Dumb Nitwit. Jus messing with you...... Please 'take a laugh'
11. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
It looked like you responded to me. I have manners, unless provoked. And its "take a SEAT".
12. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Dumb nitwit.... just joking! Laugh it off!
13. verty (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Lol. Lol. Aiit Alphageek. You're my man. Stay cool.
14. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Lol, you're cool with me, verty.