BlackBerry Bold 9000 now official

Posted: , by Nanko R.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 now official
BlackBerry Bold 9000 now official
BlackBerry Bold 9000 now official
The first information on the BlackBerry 9000 leaked months ago, but it is just now, it is officially announced, with the name Bold. Everything looks as expected; it runs on a new version of the OS and a 624MHz processor, so things should be fast even with the animated menus. It keeps the standard BB form-factor, but the 480x320 pixels (non-touch) display is claimed to be the best one on BlackBerry ever. The exterior features lustrous black color, satin chrome finished frame and leather-like back plate, which can be changed in various colors as personalization.

It is yet another model to have integrated WiFi 802.11a/b/g. A new "Push Button Setup" is included for easier connecting to a protected network. GPS is also integrated, to be used with BlackBerry Maps and other location-based applications.

The Internet browser is claimed to have been improved for desktop-like experience with trackball “mouse-like” navigation and zooming option. We should also expect better multimedia options with enhanced media player and integrated stereo speakers. Using “a new acoustic design”, it is touted to increase the phone’s audio sweet spot, resulting in better incoming sound quality.

BlackBerry Bold is the first model of the manufacturer to feature global UMTS/HSDPA 3G support (850/1900/2100 MHz) and also the first ever with U.S. GSM 3G. Although not official, it is expected to be offered also in T-Mobile-bound (with 1700 MHz UMTS on-board) and CDMA/EV-DO variants, suitable for carriers such as Verizon, Sprint and Alltel. Exact dates are not known, but the press release mentions availability around the world this summer.

source: BlackBerry

1. Borat (unregistered)

Very nice!!! I like it!

posted on 12 May 2008, 09:14

2. Murph (unregistered)

Too bad it has a camera. I use BB because it is a great traveling business person's communications platform. However, many business's do not allow camera phones in the buildings.

posted on 12 May 2008, 11:49

and, very likely, as they usually do, they will have a "non-camera" version for their business clients. They're not usually advertised along-side their consumer devices, but they are available through your carrier per special order.

posted on 12 May 2008, 09:42

sleek and sexy, very vice.

posted on 12 May 2008, 11:28

I really hope this phone comes to Verizon this summer. I think this will finally be able to produce what alot of people are looking for.

posted on 12 May 2008, 12:47

6. jrcrow (unregistered)

Nope..Verizon aint gettin sh*t this summer..as it takes 2 years for them to get anything including Sprint..ATT will have it ASAP ;-)..only thing that I dont like that I am sure I will keep enjoying on my BB Curve 8310 is the keyboard..I prefer spaced out keys that you can feel whereas the 9000 keys are again squished next to one another and not as raised if at all when pressed.

posted on 12 May 2008, 16:48

7. VZWREP (unregistered)

thats because theyll manufacture the GSM versions first and the CDMA later

posted on 14 May 2008, 18:43

9. F U (unregistered)

First off, Verizon only takes there time because we buy the phones from BB, and they have to be up to r specifications, like not having any bugs for instance. At&t knows that its customers r completely stupid and will buy anything they can get their hands on, even if its a fake phone. Im not saying the Bold is, but I am saying that At&t and Sprint's models will most definiately be pretty crappy.

posted on 14 May 2008, 18:45

10. anonymous (unregistered)

To "jrcrow": I hate queers who think they know everything, when in fact they no diddly squat. I'm surprised you even know how to tie your shoes, whoops sorry didnt no u had velcro shoes. You are quiet the retard.

posted on 14 May 2008, 18:46

11. anonymous (unregistered)

poster 9 and 10 r right

posted on 23 May 2008, 16:02

Sprint Nextel Corp. is preparing to announce a $12 billion joint venture for WiMAX with Clearwire Corp the system will be the best when up and running. Washington Dc is now up and works great

posted on 23 Jun 2008, 13:44

13. Nameless Foo (unregistered)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

posted on 29 Jul 2008, 05:41

14. cynthia (unregistered)

So when will I be able to get one from verizon? I want one now and it's time for my upgrade.

posted on 12 May 2008, 18:35

8. shnitzel9000 (unregistered)

cdma is always better than gsm :)