BlackBerry 10 users get update to SuperTube for streaming YouTube videos
For those who would rather use the official YouTube client on their BlackBerry 10 powered handset, for now, you're out of luck. Yes, you do have a YouTube icon on your phone, but it merely re-directs you to the mobile YouTube site. Nothing wrong with that. But for those who like the whole app experience, there is one called SuperTube, available from BlackBerry World.
SuperTube has just received an update that brings a ton of new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the app. One of the benefits of the update is a 1000% faster loading time for local videos. Shared video links now include the name of the video's author and the title of the clip. For those who put together a playlist, the total time of the list is now included. And if you change the resolution in the middle of watching a video, the clip will no longer start over from the beginning. Additionally, some error message bugs have been fixed, making the app much improved.
For those BlackBerry 10 users who would rather use an app to stream video, you can head over to BlackBerry World to download SuperTube. All BlackBerry 10 powered devices will support the free app, including the new BlackBerry Z3.
source: SuperTube via Crackberry
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
BB doesn't even have a dedicated YT client. I don't think BB is a viable platform anymore. They missed the ball too many times and it doesn't help BB 10 came too little too late.
21. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
BB10 is absolutely amazing! The problem with BB10 is exposure/marketing. If it could, it would be a HUGE sellout.
It alsoo needs a low cost device. Look at how the Lumia 520 got market share for even an OS like Windows Phone.
25. sgodsell (Posts: 1843; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Ignorant people would say something like this. BTW if you knew anything about blackberry then you would know that blackberry 10 is one of the most compliant html5 supported platforms out their. They even support installing and running of web apps. Something that very few platforms even try to support. That's why Googles html5 YouTube app worked just fine on Blackberry 10. Something that Microsoft said to the world that is was impossible to support and run. Well of course it was impossible for Microsoft to support and run because they have the least compliant html5 support compared to all the major platforms and browsers currently on the market. This even holds true for their latest IE 11 that will be coming in WP 8.1. Their are plenty of websites that will confirm what I have stated. Here try
31. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
BlackBerry doesn't need a dedicated YouTube client, as the third party client SuperTube is much better and much more feature rich. The OS is awesome! But you wouldn't know that, considering that you've never even used a BB10 smartphone, Mxy.
At least my BlackBerry 10 handset can send and receive messages without delay, unlike the other fruit-flavored OS.
47. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Or so you say. For the record, a department in my company did use BB10 but they ended up going with something else more viable. Business stops for no one.
Of course it's not that difficult to send and receive messages with no delay if the user base is less than 10.
57. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
The user base on iOS could have been two and there would still be a problem with sending and receiving. And phone calls, for that matter. The iPhone is notorious for not being able to function as a phone.
And for the record, what does the department in your company almost choosing BlackBerry have anything to do with the fact that YOU don't know a thing about BlackBerry 10, and therefore constantly speak from a position of ignorance when it comes to the platform? Besides, your little department of 3 people is definitely no loss to BlackBerry. Although I doubt a troll like you is employed anyway, seeing as how you have so much time on your hands to constantly troll BlackBerry articles.
63. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Never mind this alphatroll. He always says BS. He can't digest the fact that his precious BB10 OS is a FAIL.
65. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And here's the other member of the troll family!
If BlackBerry 10 is such a failure, then why do you even bother posting here? Could it be that YOU are the one that's a failure? At your entire life? The answer is yes. I think that you too, were touched by a BlackBerry early in life. Get over it, kid.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait, I thought BB 10 already have an official Youtube app?
7. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
BBOS7 does. But BB10 doesn't. Unfortunately, Google has taken the same stance on BB10 that it has on WP. It won't build apps for the OS because Google doesn't consider it large enough (market share wise)to do so. A shame too. BB10 is a beautiful, powerful OS that gets better with each update.
You can, however, still download YouTube on it once BB10 supports downloading Android APK's straight from the browser.
11. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
I actually meant, *SINCE* BB10 supports downloading Android Apk's from the browser. Stupid auto correct.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I saw the official Youtube app on the BlackBerry Z30 review, that must be the APK then. Google should provide the official Youtube app for BB 10, they don't have any bad relationships like Google and Microsoft (WP), so why won't they provide the Youtube app for BB 10? It's a shame. BB 10 is a beautiful OS that's a bit of Android-inspired, too bad BB 10 is underrated and can't attract many people to switch to BB 10.
I really want to give BlackBerry a try, but their Z30 is a bit underpowered and I don't like QWERTY keyboard so the Q10 is definitely not for me. I hope BlackBerry will release a more powerful Berry' soon, or else I will keep using Android and won't switch to other OS anytime soon.
26. sgodsell (Posts: 1843; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
You really like to make up things and lie. Blackberry supports html5 web apps. They can even install and run html5 web apps like Googles YouTube html5 web app. They can even install and run Android apps.
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait, what did I lie? Or you replied to the wrong person?
64. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
BB10 has even less users than WP. So providing a official native YouTube app to those 10 people who use BB10 is not worth it.
66. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
WP doesn't have an official YouTube app either, troll.
And BlackBerry's installed user base is higher than WP. Even BlackBerry's own BBM has a higher installed user base than WP. Get your facts straight, troll.
68. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
When did i say that WP has an official app? Also, I'm talking about the installed base of BB10, not legacy BB devices. The installed base of BB10 is not even a tenth of WP. So go home kid, look up the internet and get some facts straight. Also, stop crying about your precious BB10. It was DOA.
71. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
When talking about installed base on BlackBerry, you have to mention the legacy devices as well. That's like saying when you talk about Androids installed base, you only talk about kitkat and nothing else. It's ALL BlackBerry, isn't it? Therefore, BlackBerry's installed base, as well as BBM's installed base, eclipses WP.
Stop crying like a baby, little boy, and face facts. BB10 is nowhere near dead, and it's only getting better. Troll elsewhere, loser.
And you mentioned BlackBerry not having an official YouTube app, and then you mentioned WP, as if they have one. I didn't bring up WP, you did. So I had to set you straight, troll.
3. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Waiting for irrational trolls like Nikolas.Oliver and Johnnokia and the rest to spam this article with nonsense and troll behavior, which is freely allowed by Phonearena since its a BlackBerry article.
4. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Same can be said for most Android fans (on Apple/MS articles). There's been a lot.
5. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
I'm an Android fan. I never troll BB articles. As a matter of fact, BB10 is my second favorite OS behind Android.
I despise Apple and Microsoft and everything they put out, but you don't see me trolling their articles.
6. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
That's good to know. Then you're the minority who do such.
9. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Very much in the minority. Most Android fanboys have become as irrational and ridiculous as Apple, Samsung and Microsoft/WP/Nokia fanboys I'm afraid. Its disgusting.
17. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Glad to see that you included or is it, excluded ifans like above?
Bias, its bites everyone.
18. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I rarely see the "ifans" spam the article with "nonsense and troll" behaviour, on this website.
32. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Huh? Mxy trolls BlackBerry articles every chance he gets!
34. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
He's probably the only "ifan" on here who does such.
43. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
No, what you do is definitely called trolling. You have absolutely no first hand knowledge of any BB10 device, yet you talk crap and spread lies about them. You're definitely a troll. Now begone.
48. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So stating the obvious that RIM dropped the ball and that they were too little too late is trolling now? Actually that's been stated by many different sources. The same fate befelled Palm and webOS.
If you can't handle the truth then don't read comments.
52. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Nah Mxy, you're definitely a troll of the first order. On par with Nikolas.Oliver and the rest. If you don't like BlackBerry, why come to every article on BB and post negatively? Why not just skip past the article? I HATE anything from Apple and M$, but instead of trolling the articles and fans of those products, I just don't comment on or read those articles.
58. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
First off: BlackBerry is the name of the company now. There is no more "RIM".
Second: I doubt care what some biased wannabe news outlet reports on BlackBerry. Palm didn't own 61% of the enterprise market, BlackBerry does. Palm never invested in the medical field as BlackBerry just did, owning a minority stake in a medical company now.
BlackBerry is still used by 16 of the 20 G20 companies, has the majority of the automotive industry infotainment market share via QNX, and has NEVER had so many gaping security holes in their OS like Apple does.
Sh**p like you always believe what they are spoon fed, never doing any independent research for themselves or coming up with an original thought, ever. BlackBerry has even just had 800,000 customers migrate from other competing EMM platform's to their BES12 platform. But you would know that, had you read news from anywhere besides PhoneArena.
If you can't handle intelligent, informed individuals such as myself coming to the PhoneArena comments and setting the record straight, then perhaps YOU shouldn't troll BlackBerry articles anymore.
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Says a (supposed) nexus 5 owner....
24. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
You're of the *described on comment 4*.
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Nevermind. I'm proud of it. Because i know losers always loose arguments and i have a strong point. And i acknowledge android traits, not a delusional fanboy.
30. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1564; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Either way, comment 4 is the truth, whether I "supposedly" have a Nexus 5 or not.
37. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And Apiskula. He and Nikolas Oliver are the worst BlackBerry trolls on PA.
53. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Yeah. You do. Just looking at your comments tells otherwise. Actions always speak louder than words. And your a troll "action" figure if I ever saw one.
70. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
You tell people who troll on BB articles so many things, while you yourself troll on WP articles . Are you crazy?
72. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Are you crazy? The only trolls on here right now are you, Apiskula, and Mxy. Stop trolling BlackBerry articles and get a life.
59. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You do too, Mxy. And the fact that so many people here such as myself have to constantly come here to shut a troll like you down is getting boring now. Go back to an article about your favorite craptastic fruit OS.
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
36. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
No need to ask what you are, troll. You seriously need to stop trolling BlackBerry articles. Get a life.
44. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
No, you need to get over it. And get what little bit of a life a troll like you can get. Go back to your craptastic OS (iOS) articles. No one wants you here or cares what you have to say, troll.
50. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well apparently you do care otherwise you wouldn't be putting on this charade.
60. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
The only one putting on charades around here is you, Mxy. You really must have a sad life indeed, constantly trolling BlackBerry articles.
20. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Trolling I see. If you don't have anything conducive to say, stay out of it and let the grown ups talk junior.
28. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow that rolled out to whole five people
33. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And here is the prince of BlackBerry trolls, Apiskula! You really need to get a life, dude.
41. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
He does have a point you know so you need to calm down
45. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
He has a point by saying that? And what point is that, trolling? I guess trolls of a feather stick together.
And while you two butthurt buttbuddies are at it, go and get a life and stop trolling BlackBerry articles.
51. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
At this point it's the pot calling the kettle black.