BlackBerry 10 has a “black list” of forbidden passwords
Now RIM has taken the security basics a step further. This is a forbidden password list baked into BlackBerry 10 OS. Right now, there are 106 prohibited passwords on the list. Since the list is part of the OS, it would be safe to assume that it could be updated by RIM and that this list would ultimately grow.
That RIM has instituted such a list is not as interesting as the taboo passwords that made the list. If you read our new item from a couple months ago about the worst passwords that people actually use, you will see some similarities.
Given RIM’s reputation for decent security, if any of your current passwords are on this list, BlackBerry or not, it might be a good indicator to make a change.
sources: RapidBerry via CrackBerry.com and BerryReview
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Phew thank god bb didn't black listed "wendy" lol :)
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That will be in version 2.0 of the list.... :-)
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
lets hope not lol
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
i don't mind that :)
just gave you a +1 for no reason lol
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Are you in love with the virtual me or something??
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
What? It just for fun actually, nothing else :)
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Muahahaha...chill man!! I was kidding around...:D
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh I see lol
3. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
gandalf is a great password.
you shall not pass.
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Wow there is no apple and android on the list?
Bb fanboy coming in 3...2...1
5. cmikeh2 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Is it just me or are 6 and 7 identical? I'd like to think that I would be able to discern the difference if one did exist after staring at it for a minute.
6. XYZ360 (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
who is the one that uses f**kme as password 0.o
7. lonestrider (Posts: 85; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Why in the hell Patrick is there but Spongebob isn't?
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
lol pa password? >:)
15. JC557 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5? That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!
22. ibap (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Gandalf and not Frodo? Iloveyou? What, the phone? I've never used it, but NCC1701 is the one that strikes me as funniest.
23. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I see that Blackberry is an acceptable password, but Playbook isnt, LOL.
24. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol to the list!! they should include nikolas oliver as well!!!