BlackBerry 10 app catalog grows to 100,000 apps, Kindle and OpenTable launch today
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 08:49 posted on
BlackBerry has let us know that its BlackBerry World catalog has just passed the 100,000 apps mark. While that number is still far from what the iOS and Android stores are offering, it's still a remarkable achievement that comes to show that BlackBerry is serious about BB 10...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
So, most of the android apps are't downloaded. Doesn't matter if the end result is pretty good. 100k is a pretty good number.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1481; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
For just 3 months of being out it is a pretty big number, they're catching up to windows which has been out for what, half a decade? Go blackberry! :)
10. NateAdam8 (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Yeah and fast so if WP wants to make good with anything they need to get off there asses and do something to improve there OS or get left behind with the rest of the crap
5. renaissance (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
I believe this is temporary solution, it is better to have at least android version. with the time passing native apps will come up.
18. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 167; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Does it matter? As long as the apps work.
7. renaissance (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
it is couple of months passed since release of a brand new platform, what do you expect? Will you buy device if instagramm is there tomorrow? If you are not sure, then stop moaning,
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
no instagram, no flipboard and obviously no true youtube app, the youtube app on the z10 will only redirect you to the youtube website instead of the app
8. Khepera (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
App Schmapp! With some apps like Flipboard, which I am currently using on my Dev Alpha B, and will work on the Z10, sure, but a friggin Youtube app? Really? How lazy must one be not to just go to the site? Apps....psssh SMH
17. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
dont mind him...he always say hateful things to BB but B aren't affected!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Little cry baby right here... smh
19. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 167; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It does one step better. It runs Adobe Flash. You can run the full youtube.com as it was intended. Not need for a "work around" app due to the lack of Adobe Flash support like other operating systems.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But there's still something missing.....
12. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Blackberry sucks...Thorsten close your doors!
14. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
But if he closes his doors u won't get a chance to see Blackberry make a come back and show iphone and android how it needs to be done ;)
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, don't say that! You are making yourself look like a troll!
16. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
windows should open their eyes..they are wasting time on increasing the number of apps. to me what makes and OS is the number of good apps. if IOS and android didn't have the number of apps they did now.they would just look so ordinary.windows phone is an awesome OS which still has a lot of room to grow.they just need to put more effort in their market place