BlackBerry 10 UI and apps get some clean new screenshots
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Dec 2012, 11:39
As expected, more and more leaks are coming about BlackBerry 10 as we move closer and closer to the launch event which is scheduled for January 30th. Today not only brought the news that RIM is planning to seed pre-release BB10 devices to enterprise and government "customers" for beta testing, but now we're also getting more high-quality screenshots of the BlackBerry 10 UI, including the homescreen, notifications, BlackBerry Hub, and various apps that will be available at launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. PhenomFaz posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:03 2
seems like a blend of ios desktop with android's internal appearance and with a few swipe gestures from WP...totally uninteresting!
28. MC1123 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:47 5
i dont know if you're being sarcastic or what... but that makes it very likeable!
35. PhenomFaz posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:19 0
nah i was just being sarcastic :)
but i like your comment...guess you were caught in a fix whether to thumb me up or down :)
I wish the best for BB as more players ensures no monopoly but I am not so impressed by what I've seen so far but hey who knows...they might surprise me with the final release!
41. Mittal posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:52 1
Yes but i am afraid that they will also overprice BB10 devices like microsoft and face a cold reception!
45. MC1123 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 06:08 0
no, i didnt put a thumb down on your comment...
36. JC557 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:22 0
Considering this is supposed to be a corporate device the UI looks quite professional looking and not aimed for teens and young college students.
If it's fluid and not resource heavy I can see this working very well. Hopefully RIM will bring OS updates to their OS10 phones unlike in the past where many phones don't move past their released OS version.
2. anshul0000 (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2012, 11:51 12
43. Mittal posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:54 0
i dont think Melissa Mayer and the like will dump their new iPhones and Androids just to buy BB10
All that BB10 can attempt to do is salvage the remaining big clients
5. phljcnth posted on 17 Dec 2012, 11:55 4
The sreen should make up for this boring UI. Or else,
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:02 3
many will want this over windows phone however ,considering it has bbm
10. bigbmc26 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:08 5
Maybe, just maybe they don't like Android? Why is everything so one sided nowadays? I like BB using and don't like using Android or iOS. There is your reason someone would want this over Android...
30. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:00 2
It's really only this website in particular where you can't like any other OS.
8. squallz506 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:05 1
I hope rim is holding something special aside for the release. So far all these leaks are nothing new. If this is all bb10 has to offer I should call my stockbroker and sell everything I have in rim.
9. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:05 1
I really like the minimalistic look. It kinda looks like a holo themed gingerbread ui. Looks great though. If they can get the hardware behind this and expand their app selection they may avoid extinction like Palm.
11. Jyakotu posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:09 2
I'm actually interested to see a BB10 phone and seeing the new OS in person. Looks to be shaping up nicely.
12. Rocksteady posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:17 1
I feel it's taken some elements from every other OS, like the notification tray is pure Android; at the home screen, the top bar containing battery meter ,time, and signal indicators are from WP; the toggles at the notification tray (Wifi, Bluetooth, silent mode, rotation lock...etc) are again from Android.
But yet, I hope they succeed in getting into the smartphone market, the more the competition, the better.
16. pkiran1996 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:52 1
Agree. The dark greys and neon blue lines are elements from the Holo theme on stock Android.
13. gwuhua1984 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 12:23 2
Looks good... but I'm smelling more lawsuits from Apple...
37. JC557 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:24 0
To be honest there's only so much you can do for a usable graphic smartphone UI. I hope we don't see anymore BS lawsuits in the future as it gets really annoying after a while.
44. gwuhua1984 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 01:51 0
Agreed... it's just unfortunate that so much generic patents was approved.
17. theBankRobber posted on 17 Dec 2012, 13:19 4
I don't see anything wrong with keeping up with the competition, so many android kids down playing Rim just as a few years ago apple kids down played android. If you don't like Blackberry then you should stop coming into blackberry articles and posting the same crap. All I see are android users talking s**t in every Blackberry article and really we don't need trolls .
33. phil2n posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:36 1
im not a BB hater but i saw that the messages are messy
34. Googlethis posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:47 0
Im more curious than any thing this phone will more than likely end up in my collection if it doesn't prove it to be any more usefull than my iphone 5 and my galaxy note 2
21. SaM1X posted on 17 Dec 2012, 13:49 2
The UI looks better than iOS6. But not compared to Android. But i'll get BB10 device for sure. Good luck Rim.
22. GoldenJoe posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:02 0
Am I mistaken, or does this look ALOT like Android?
24. mas11 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:08 0
the calendar app looks exactly like google's except in green
25. cripton805 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:31 4
If it's UI is smooth and isn't filled with bloatware trash, I might consider one of these. I'm quite fond of what the UI looks like actually. Not too flashy, but not too simple. If it looks more professional instead of a toy looking phone with bright neon colors. This would be a great alternative to a more serious professional user like Blackberry used to be. If the specs and hardware can compete with the big dogs, I will switch over in a heartbeat. Will look good walking out of the office in a suit, holding a briefcase, and a BB10 on hand.
26. rex1213 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:56 0
It looks like a mixture of iOS, Android, WP, and MeeGo.
But I'm definitely interested to play with a BB10 handset on a store, that's for sure!
27. tonygoz posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:07 3
looks fantastic... competition is good...... remember when apple fan boys kept shooting androids outta the sky, u droid kids cried and sucked ur dame fingers screaming no fair, now i see ur fingers have been replaced by claws and u think u can scratch now... blackberry is loved and appreciated by loads of people who don't run down unstable robots called droids at any given chance.... its called maturity, simply stop reading the dame articles and go fix a broken robot(droid)
29. MC1123 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:50 3
oh again... so many negative trolls that dont want another platform to challenge android!!
as far as i know, people who are negative towards another thing are jealous or feel threaten!!
so android fans are you feeling threaten?!
32. Imaxxacre posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:26 2
My favorite right now is Android, but I'd like this OS to take off so we can have more variety on the market and more competitive innovations. However, I have a strong feeling that this OS will not succeed.
39. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:30 1
the problem is ON YOU, not others, you are such a blind fanboy who can't accept the fact that android is on the top of the game
rim's own ceo even said : "we have a clear shot of being a #3 os"
46. MC1123 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 06:13 0
thats why this is a challenge right!?
so stop hating!!
and im not blinded... you on the other side is the blinded one! why dont you accept the fact that BB10 will be a good competitor?!
47. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 18 Dec 2012, 06:55 0
it still yet to be released, you haven't even touch bb 10 with your own hands, how do you know that bb10 will be good?
48. Googlethis posted on 18 Dec 2012, 07:39 0
Just having a little faith that they are not making us wait for nothing.
50. MC1123 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:02 0
how could i say BB10 is good? well with all the leaks and even on the alpha release from the 1st dev alpha and the 2nd dev alpha.. i could say that BB10 is really interesting!!!
100000000000000x interesting than your life!
52. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 18 Dec 2012, 20:10 0
have you touch it with your own hand? leaks and rumors can be very different from the reality, just like the i5
51. MC1123 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:04 0
while android, yeah new version is always release..but stil full of bugs!!!
53. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 18 Dec 2012, 20:10 0
"stil" lol, did you type it with BB?
55. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 18:23 0
oh...as if you dont make mistakes!! lol to you cunt!
56. gwuhua1984 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 18:34 0
Wow... so we've resorted to name calling...
57. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 18:40 0
i actually dontreally want to write that down! but he just annoys me so much with his hateful words!
58. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:54 0
i don't make any mistake indeed :D
59. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 22:01 0
lol..so you think you're perfect?!
remember the time that you corrected my grammar..but someone corrected you also?!
just like you!!
60. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 19 Dec 2012, 22:10 0
it's not grammar, it's just a punctuation mark which is quotes ("")
so i win you fail :D
remember that time when you said to me "you live in indonesia right? then you must be muslim! that's why i hate muslim people just like you" lol im not even a muslim, im catholic, why are you so racist ? lucky you i didn't report it,
speaking of which, will you join phonearena hangout on google+ ?
61. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 19 Dec 2012, 22:17 0
lol apparently your prime id which is pikapowerize has been banned :D haven't seen your id for a month, did you receive an email from pa's moderator ?
This comment was posted by pikapowerize on Oct 11th, 2012, 00:55
"alpot ka nga sira ulo!!!
you dont know anything about mercy!!!! you're from indonesia right? so you must be a muslim!! muslims like you dont know anything about mercy!!! thats why i hate muslim people like you!"