BlackBerry 10 L-series phone size compared to iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 03:50 posted on
You still remember what a BlackBerry L-series device is, right? It's supposed to be a BlackBerry 10 handset of the full-touchscreen type, instead of one with a physical QWERTY keyboard (yes, RIM is still planning to produce those)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
That's an awkward place to put the USB port
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
It is designed for right hand user... iphone is for left lol
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Or a docking station.
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Is that a toy I'm seeing beside the bb10 L?
16. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
omg like you're so funny and original...
3. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Size comparison is not accurate. the iPhone seemed to be as large as the BB10 Phone... that's because the iPhone has a white silicon casing/bumper on it, making it seemed larger!
the BB10 device is larger...
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
yeah for what I see, bb10 is 10mm longer and 8mm wider IMO
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
"Interestingly, it turns out the BlackBerry handset isn't much bigger than the iPhone 5"
Darn it RIM!!! Why don't you release it in the 1st place!!! Now I'm totally regret for getting the iphone 5 :(
I really wanna a nice phone which reasonable enough for me to hold in one hand
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its almost same in size, but you'll get bigger screen and the you ruled your phone!
BlackBeery 10 is an awesome platform for all!
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 1348; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Looks a lot like the iphone 5... Hmmm... I smell a law suit from Apple coming on this one. It really looks good though, i mean proportionally wise. (iphone5 stretched but not widen)
14. Valdomero (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
you mean a lawsuit because the BB phone has a rectangular shape with rounded corners? or because it has a touch-screen? or because it looks almost the same that will probably confuse the consumer?
Damn, I don't know how these companies manage to survive with apple suing everyone for everything.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3584; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
There's not gonna be a lawsuit. Apple only sues companies that sell lots of phones.
8. antmiu2 (Posts: 264; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
i like it.. sleek design and an edge to edge all black display.. probably 4.3 inches
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Edge to edge? There is a HUGE Blackberry logo on the bottom...
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2979; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Its practically edge to edge on the left and right sides. And the bezels on the top and bottom are smaller than the Iphone. This has a 4.5 inch screen on a marginally bigger overall footprint, so quite a good amount of the phone is screen real estate.
9. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I'm really curious to see how well these new BlackBerry handsets blend-in and/or hold up to such stiff competition from other companies such as Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc. Though, there's one thing that I can say, for sure: RIM does not have it easy.
11. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
I am quietly confident that the last thing RIM will ever do is put out a device that looks anything like an iphone. A pre-production model for a laugh possibly but not the real thing. In the styling department my 9860 makes an i5 look like a prep 5 glue and paste effort.
13. Credo (Posts: 732; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
i don't like Blackberry, but the device looks nicer than the iPhone5 ;)
18. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it makes the iPhone's homescreen silly! haha!!
i love to have these device! but yeah! the port is kinda odd! and not that good-looking BB device! i like the look of torch 9860! sleek and sexy! :) but anyways, it still looks good! and have bigger screen (it is said to have 4.3") but still same size of the iPhone!!