BlackBerry 10 Aristo specs leaked; A-Series model phone has 2GB of RAM and LTE on board
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 18:14 posted on
Following up on the leak that brought us the specs of the BlackBerry 10 Laguna, the L-Series model that is heading to Verizon with a 4.2 inch full touchscreen, comes the BlackBerry 10 Aristo which is expected to have a 4.65 touchscreen, quad-core 1.5Ghz processor, LTE connectivity and 2GB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Seems like they are finally getting their act together...device sounds yummy :)
But price tag anyone?
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But hold on, why would a Blackberry need 2 GB RAM??? I don't see any apps that will take up that much memory in a Blackberry... Come to think of it, haven't heard of any BB application store. Is there one?
12. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
For your info , when they showed BB10 they attracted many developers and plus this is probably a thing to help them make a comeback!!!
25. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
agreed, I'm quite excited for this actually.. If this evolves to be a fresh OS with those interesting gesture navigation, I think BB can make a comeback..
and iOS to comedown..
24. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Because we need to be able to run 50 tabs of desktop websites, that's why.
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
for starters the new BlackBerry OS known as BlackBerry 10 is a new platfrom that is QNX-base meaning its a unix-like OS..and you know that there's a lot of unix-like right? from apple's mac OS and even the linux are unix!
BB10 will be great for RIM coz android devs dont need to rewrite their apps for the platform... all they need to do is just copy and paste! a lot of devs actually like the BB10 coz its so easy..
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea they are. with a APQ8064 wow, BB will be the only 1 using this chip. Finally BB after a very long time. Wish you all the best.
35. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
It wil only get released next year!
By then all these will be old tech
4. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Dam this phone specs are insane all i ever wanted in phone. Now if devs can put a fully functional Jelly Bean on it im getting it!!!!
5. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
I wasn't expecting blackberry to bring quad-core and a pretty big battery, smart move by RIM.
6. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
DAMMMNN if this comes out like right now or at least this fall ... I think BB has a chance to save themselves!!!
GOOD LUCK though
7. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Bring it on, BB10 will be rolling with the big dogs in the business.
9. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Ok, this actually made my mouth drop on those specs. Good god this is what the Blackberry Storm should have been.
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 4466; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Good luck RIM. Keep it open to allow Android apps and you might have some killer products here.
36. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
yup...android app integration until they hve a solid appstore!
13. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
It's too bad they will probably delay this bad boy to the point where the specs aren't cutting edge anymore...
14. jgcaap (Posts: 42; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
i hope blackberry 10 has compability with android apps. would be perfect :) i would buy one.
31. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
actually it is! since the playbook can run android apps!
but i dont think you'll need android apps... coz i think devs should just post their apps to BlackBerry! all they need to do it just copy and paste! they dont have to rewrite the whole apps!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"The specs certainly do sound enticing and if RIM can do just as a good a job of listening when it comes to the design and build quality of the model, the sky could be the limit for BlackBerry 10."
The build quality is not in question here........the qustion that needs to be answered is, will their user interface deliver more stability and customization than what android offers? THAT IS THE QUESTION..........will their apps being on top of the game? those are the questions to be answered.........someone has finnally packed all the specs we been looking for in a size that "a lot" of people can adjust to, 4.6 inch phone! all they have to do is get their app store down, and their user interface completed and this can very well do better than the competition
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lets hope Santa give me bb10 as present otherwise I will sure cook his raindeer this instant....
17. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
This sounds pretty awesome. From the little snippets I've seen of the OS so far, it looks cool and a little refreshing, but it'll need apps to compete with any of the existing OS's. WP8 looks a little more promising. Also, any idea on when any of these devices will be released?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
exactly........they will need to have apps available or at least somewhat close to what android offers...........not only that but a very stable and convenient UI..........thats all they need