BlackBerry 10 Aristo specs leaked; A-Series model phone has 2GB of RAM and LTE on board
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 18:14 posted on
Following up on the leak that brought us the specs of the BlackBerry 10 Laguna, the L-Series model that is heading to Verizon with a 4.2 inch full touchscreen, comes the BlackBerry 10 Aristo which is expected to have a 4.65 touchscreen, quad-core 1.5Ghz processor, LTE connectivity and 2GB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Seems like they are finally getting their act together...device sounds yummy :)
But price tag anyone?
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But hold on, why would a Blackberry need 2 GB RAM??? I don't see any apps that will take up that much memory in a Blackberry... Come to think of it, haven't heard of any BB application store. Is there one?
12. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
For your info , when they showed BB10 they attracted many developers and plus this is probably a thing to help them make a comeback!!!
25. bayusuputra (Posts: 945; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
agreed, I'm quite excited for this actually.. If this evolves to be a fresh OS with those interesting gesture navigation, I think BB can make a comeback..
and iOS to comedown..
24. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Because we need to be able to run 50 tabs of desktop websites, that's why.
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
for starters the new BlackBerry OS known as BlackBerry 10 is a new platfrom that is QNX-base meaning its a unix-like OS..and you know that there's a lot of unix-like right? from apple's mac OS and even the linux are unix!
BB10 will be great for RIM coz android devs dont need to rewrite their apps for the platform... all they need to do is just copy and paste! a lot of devs actually like the BB10 coz its so easy..
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea they are. with a APQ8064 wow, BB will be the only 1 using this chip. Finally BB after a very long time. Wish you all the best.
35. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
It wil only get released next year!
By then all these will be old tech
4. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Dam this phone specs are insane all i ever wanted in phone. Now if devs can put a fully functional Jelly Bean on it im getting it!!!!
5. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
I wasn't expecting blackberry to bring quad-core and a pretty big battery, smart move by RIM.
6. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
DAMMMNN if this comes out like right now or at least this fall ... I think BB has a chance to save themselves!!!
GOOD LUCK though
7. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Bring it on, BB10 will be rolling with the big dogs in the business.
9. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Ok, this actually made my mouth drop on those specs. Good god this is what the Blackberry Storm should have been.
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 1786; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Good luck RIM. Keep it open to allow Android apps and you might have some killer products here.
36. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
yup...android app integration until they hve a solid appstore!
13. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
It's too bad they will probably delay this bad boy to the point where the specs aren't cutting edge anymore...
14. jgcaap (Posts: 36; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
i hope blackberry 10 has compability with android apps. would be perfect :) i would buy one.
31. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
actually it is! since the playbook can run android apps!
but i dont think you'll need android apps... coz i think devs should just post their apps to BlackBerry! all they need to do it just copy and paste! they dont have to rewrite the whole apps!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"The specs certainly do sound enticing and if RIM can do just as a good a job of listening when it comes to the design and build quality of the model, the sky could be the limit for BlackBerry 10."
The build quality is not in question here........the qustion that needs to be answered is, will their user interface deliver more stability and customization than what android offers? THAT IS THE QUESTION..........will their apps being on top of the game? those are the questions to be answered.........someone has finnally packed all the specs we been looking for in a size that "a lot" of people can adjust to, 4.6 inch phone! all they have to do is get their app store down, and their user interface completed and this can very well do better than the competition
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lets hope Santa give me bb10 as present otherwise I will sure cook his raindeer this instant....
17. ahhxd717 (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
This sounds pretty awesome. From the little snippets I've seen of the OS so far, it looks cool and a little refreshing, but it'll need apps to compete with any of the existing OS's. WP8 looks a little more promising. Also, any idea on when any of these devices will be released?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
exactly........they will need to have apps available or at least somewhat close to what android offers...........not only that but a very stable and convenient UI..........thats all they need
34. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I dont think thats true!
But hey its not even released!! android has been around for many years!
Give it sum tym, maybe they'll get even better than android
22. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Oh Hello.. Blackberry Aristo!
The specs looks is too good to be true. But this will be my next Blackberry if it turns to be the real deal.
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Same spec as the lg optimus g... I think it really does come down to eco than specs of phones today... Many people will not leave there current os because they have spent a lot money on apps etc and that's understandable... I think for current bb owners they will be super happy but people who are invested in android and ios will most likely be less inclined as they will have or already have a specs like this already..
27. Jarahawk (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I like it, but I wouldn't buy it. I want a full QWERTY keyboard.
28. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Man oh Man this has me all eyes on even more for BB10.
29. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
just hope the software is as good as the hardware
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
the Phone is a BEAST!!! wow!! this is really outstanding!!! CEO Hiens is really making a great job!!! im glad that he was the CEO, he know what he's doing!
thank GOD for this!!!!
37. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
With specs like that, you have to at least consider this device. I am currently an Android user but wouldn't mind mixing it up with a different OS. (and no iOS is not an option for me).
39. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Firstly, sorry about the tough loss to the Ducks. They're a powerhouse! Secondly try Windows Phone if you haven't already. Although im impressed with the specs of BB10, I don't expect any turnaround. The majority of consumers believe that Blackberry is old and outdated, not to mention they lack many apps and charge for apps normally free for Android / Windows Phone. Meanwhile the Windows market is growing rapidly and soon will contend with that of Android and iOS. I respect RIM but its only a matter of time til they either go down or abandon their os for another.
40. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
way to go!! blackberry i cant wait to see that!! im hoping that it will come out as early as 2 quarter next year for what i heard is that 1st quarter are reserved for Bb laguna ang the one with qwerty keyboard. how i hope developers will be able to maximize that kind of resolution and quad core capabilities im looking forward to that..
41. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Microsoft wake up, speed up ur development of WP8, and please allow OEM's to put Quad core processors, and 2GB RAM in their phone soon, otherwise BB will eatup whatever marketshare you already have...............
42. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wish it to be the surface phone! the first to support quad core!
43. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... at least BlackBerry make a buzz!
really hoping they'll make a huge comeback!!!
44. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Hmm, this looks suspicious. Is there any part of their new phone, developed and designed by BB? Screen-Samsung, CPU-Qualcomm, Camera-probably Sony. Let's hope that at least their OS 10 is good enough, but by the specs of the device, I really doubt so. In my opinion, Nokia and Apple have better approach in squeezing the maximum of their hardware.
45. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think the camera will be develop by them.. coz scalado (i dont know if thats the spelling of the company) still has a deal with them!
i think most of the phones are like that too! but they have their own tech too like the liquid graphics on the torch 9860!
48. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
liquid graphics is just a gimmick, also, it's not theirs,
do you wonder why i didn't post any comment on bb news lately? i get banned for 1 week :(
52. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
haha.. coz you always put hating post that is stupid and annoying!
54. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
because they deserve to get it :)
47. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
whatever they do, i will never give them respect
im back after being banned for 1 week
51. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
like everyone give s**t for you...
55. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
you are filipino arent you ? i get it now why you are constantly defending bb
49. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Considering its the same OS as Playbook, QNX, it will run the same apps. Some may need some modifications, but for the most part Android apps can port over quite easy. This is why despite the Playbook having a small marketshare for tablets, it still has a pretty decent app ecosystem, because there have literally been thousands of android apps that have been smoothly ported over.
53. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont think they will make a heavily modification since they already announce the screen sizes of the BB10...
its like the iPhone/iPod and the iPad... they only change the screen size but actually apps of both can run to each other!
the apps in apple app store is 700,000 and the apps modified for the iPad 200,000
56. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
obviously bb 10 will never compete with ios or android, thorsten heins said it, "we have a clear change to become number 3 os"
50. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I've had BlackBerrys with my job, but I've never had one for personal use. My next phone is unlikely to be a BlackBerry, but the more high spec phones appearing the better. More competition (ideally) means more innovation.
It's a good time to be looking at buying a new phone. Wonder what we'll be seeing this time next year.
58. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
BLACKBERRY HAS COME BACK YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
59. tatail (Posts: 225; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Will buy Aristo, no matter what..
Just the specs gives me goose bumps..