Black Nokia Lumia 928 sold out at Verizon and Radio Shack
0. phoneArena 19 May 2013, 04:26 posted on
Nokia has done a great job drumming up demand for the Nokia Lumia 928; the recent focus on low-light photography has allowed the Finnish manufacturer to produce snappers with apertures perfectly suited to take pictures in low-light without a flash. And the optical image stabilizer on the Nokia Lumia 928 camera makes it look like a video shot with the phone attached to a remote control chopper, was using a tripod when it was not...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. jcarrigan (unregistered)
yay go Nokia! this is the first windows phone that i like for verizon :)
66. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Agreed. Though I do wonder how many they had in stock so we could get a better picture of the demand.
2. digitalw (Posts: 65; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I hope that there ware not 20pcs on stock...
69. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
unfortunately they are... poor Nokia
73. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
there is difference between ferrari and honda. Hope did u get this.
3. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Well my country has poor Nokia support, if i know 920 is not yet widely distributed here.. hmm :( I want to experience 928.
77. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
My country is also but now I have experience the Lumia 720 first before getting Lumia 920. It works very smooth with Super Sensitive Touch Screen, 1Ghz Dual core allows internet run quickly. the 6.7mp camera capture very very similar to my friend's S3 in Image quality (i did not compare in Low light) and most important apps are free in the app store.
4. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Hope there is an international version of the lumia 928...
6. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I've only heard about Verizon and Rogers (Canada). International markets will get the 925 which has an improved camera and software and the new AMOLED screen, but no xenon flash.
13. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Rogers? Really? That wouldn't make sense to me seeing how Rogers uses GSM rather than CDMA. Nokia would have to rework the phone to do that, and it wouldn't make sense for them to do that for just one carrier unless they made a deal for say 200,000 units. I would love it though if they did. I'd buy it in a second!
37. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's a global-ready phone, so there shouldn't be too much reprogramming involved. The Snapdragon 4+ has CDMA, GSM and LTE radios built in.
7. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
See everyone 11mm aint that bad. I wonder how the beutiful 925 will do though.
14. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And I thought we had valid argument here..really thickness lol
21. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
he added 1 extra, Total weight of this Big Bullies brain .... LOL
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13555; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Is it really a sellout if there's only like 2 or 3 in stock?
17. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I must admit, my first thought was "how I many were made available".
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmfao "2 or 3 in stock"
20. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
i think you forgot to add zeros after the digits
"Is it really a sellout if there's only like 20000 or 30000 in stock?"
yeh... not a big deal.... after All it's Nokia
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Now don't be silly tashreef.
20.000 in stock, now you're making me ROTFLMFAO, please, there's no demand for the phone!
S4 has 469 posts
Htc One 150 posts
Sony Z had 100+ posts
They all sold 4+ millions devices vs 20.000 L920+L928...
23. papss (unregistered)
So you weren't being silly saying 2-3? Smh dude
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I didn't say that! Mxyzptlk said that!
31. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Trollo lo lo la, trollo lo lo la, trollo lo lo la. I've gotten banned so many times by PA, yet this guy is free to troll nonstop. How does he get away with it? I'm not understanding this website and its rules.
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How was i trolling?
Where did i post first stating any negative things against Nokia...?
I just replied saying that the phone is thick, and Nokia should be making device at 9mm, every one wants Nokia to be on par with other brands to keep up to tech.
So lubba, instead of giving logical answers, no need to go off topic, cause looks like you can't and have nothing to contrubute, so you kivk off and take you're anger on TROLL, pathetic, you need help, take a shower or stop posting for few days, get you're self and act togeather to a wise, smart person. No need to complain.
Please seek counselling lubba™
36. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I for one wish manufacturers would stop the race to paper thin, add a couple of mm and punch up the battery. Why is Moto the only company that gets it - a 3300+ mah battery is worth the slight extra thickness?
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The L928 is a great sexy slick stylish black clad aluminium device, with the best camera to date, so how and where did i say, or Troll, please you aswell. Credit given where it's dued.....
39. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Troll, I've seen many of your negative posts and the many thumb downs you gotten.