Black Friday at Best Buy will feature great deals on Android devices
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2011, 13:43 posted on
Best Buy will have free Android powered smartphones from the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T with a 2-year contract as well as great prices on several Android powered tablets.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. irvinkeith (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
not a fan of android at all but im pretty sure those serious about android are gonna wait for the Razr or the Nexus
9. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
If your "not a fan of android at all" then you should probably join a Apple blog or something. Wrong website to not like Android!
16. irvinkeith (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
don't c how it's the wrong website to not like any particular platform. It's a cell phone/tablet website. Not an Apple website or Android or anything else. I like to know what's going on in the CELL PHONE community not just the APPLE world.
I made my initial comment because despite me being an "ish33p" or "apple fanboy" or whatever else you wanna call it, I think the Razr and Nexus are going to be some great devices and I know that 98.7% of Android users on this site won't even take a second look at those Best Buy deals because they are going to pick up one of the 2 android devices previously mentioned.
25. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
youve got a point. i appreciate your neutrality too! i know it's a hot battle between android and apple and its hard not to get sucked into the drama.. kudos to you sir. :) and i think you're right. although i'm rockin the Dinc2 right now and totally in love
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Other than the transformer deal its all pretty much crap. You can get all of those phones nearly free already on amazonwireless.
4. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I've been saying this for a while that the first wave of android tablets that weren't sold will be heavily discounted. These tablets are being discounted say $140 if not more off the original MSRP. There are about say 1,100 Best Buys in the US so that would mean (say min of 4 tablet each per store) about 17,600 tablets sold as specials. Now add Walmart, Target, Staples, etc and you could do the math.
When you look at these tablet prices, yes it's related to Black Friday, it nontheless continues to damage the android tablet franchise:
1) It fixes in the consumers' minds that if they wait, the android tablets will be cheaper
2) It creates an overhang such that it becomes a self-fulling prophesy.
It was what happened with the HP Touchpad -- once the discounting started, consumers held back waiting for more discounting thus prompting HP to blow out its inventory.
10. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ya, that's WebOS though. Android's not going anywhere. If anything, it gets more Android Tablets on the market so developers will have more incentive to make Apps supported by tablets.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ardent, those 2 tablets shown, the acer and toshiba are meant to be cheap tablets.
The "door buster" Asus isnt a huge deal (though its pretty darn nice) as the Asus2 is about to drop.
The whole point of Android is that it can inhabit every price point so everyone can get something for their needs. I dont know why apple fanatics just cant accept that. Android high ends are more expencive than apple. Android low ends are cheap. And there is a million things in the middle. Something for everyone is NOT a bad thing.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
same reason why fAndroid cannot accept that Apple is different than Android.. And whatever Android does.. Apple doesnt have to follow... having a closed OS is not a bad thing....
18. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Does every topic have to kick off a flame war with you guys? No mention of the iPhone in this article so take that crap to another article.
26. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
i agree. but that's a two way road....but there is way too much heated debate about 'my daddy can beat up your daddy' (hint: replace "daddy" with "OS") going on with not very much real substance..
5. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
The Transformer has been succeeded by the Transformer Prime. Is this deal on that, or the og Transformer?
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The new one isnt out yet, but i would expect the original transformer to drop to 250-300 somewhere after it does come out. Will be a heck of a deal if it does. Premium specs and build with a dirt cheap price tag.
7. droidguy2323 (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
So I have buy a phone to get the discounted price
8. superguy (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I saw the DINC2 at Best Buy this afternoon free on contract.
11. SuperEd (Posts: 129; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
SOrry, but i think i'd get more of a smartphone by purchasing a lite-brite.
17. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Walmart is giving a 100 dollar giftcard with every smartphone purchase. Its going to be an interesting black friday.
19. D1stur83D17 (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I wonder if that sale might be valid online. I know Cyber Monday is for that mostly. Any thoughts??
20. D1stur83D17 (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Anyone else notice that the infuse isn't shown in the ad???
23. blaze456 (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Oct 2010)
how bout the samsung transform ultra on boost for $180!