Black Apple iPhone 5C spotted for the first time
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 07:31 posted on
We have seen the plastic iPhone 5C in all sorts of colors - blue, yellow, red, white and green, but now for the first time the upcoming device leaks out in a gorgeous black plastic shell…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
4. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Couldn't agree more. I'm an apple fan, but that plastic look is disgusting. You couldn't pay me to purchase any 5C device.
19. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
when steve jobs was the ceo, even the $199 ipod touches used to have beautiful stainless steel back...
51. quakan (Posts: 1328; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
When Steve Jobs was the CEO, even the iPhone 3G and 3GS had plastic on the back...
52. jaychildz (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 May 2013)
HAHAAAAA I was gonna like his comment until i say this one (+1)
57. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
In those days it wasn't really possible to make cellular antennas work through metallic phones...as soon as they found a way to do it, they never looked back...
60. quakan (Posts: 1328; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I know but everyone keeps acting like this is the first time in Apple history that they've used plastic but it isn't.
62. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
i know that but that was years back, before the rise of android...so people don't really care about those days
59. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
The 3G antennas couldn't work properly from metallic phones in those days...
43. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Looks like apple invented a new fingerprint magnet. Combined with their patented EZ-Scuff technology and EZ-Shatter displays seen on the ip5;, the new ip5c will be the most quickly replaced handset to date. Apple should be able to sell three of these to every ifan.
45. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Don't get your points. Apple iPhones except iPhone 1 and 5 have always been glossy and were widely excepted. Besides that, I think there is a foil on the plastic which could increase the gloss effect.
54. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
ME Just making a comment Could IPHONEARENA...please stop with the display of Iphone 5c BACK CASE...its high time we see the FRONT SCREEN
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Looks like a cheap china phone with android 4.0 and already wasted..
37. lalalaman (Posts: 591; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Im ok if doesn't break like iphone 5...to be honest white one was 10 times better...they didn't have to leak the black one until launched
10. Rorschach (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Is that plastic??? Apple.... what are u doin?.. Stahp!!
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
copying by using plastic
13. lalalaman (Posts: 591; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well its better than having a lizard in ur hand xD
14. Daftama (Posts: 611; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Haha icrap finally went plastic... As they said it the best got two words for you
15. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 166; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
It's not that bad. It's better than the yellow and magenta ones.
22. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Have to agree with that, black looks much better.
32. lalalaman (Posts: 591; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Its a prototype...the grainy black won't get apple anywhere.....lets wait until launched...then we'll comment
23. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
If Samsung has "cheap plastic," Apple now has expensive cheap-looking plastic.
27. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
digusting plasticky looking phone
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah it's pretty ugly in my eyes. Never was a fan of glossy phones. Also I don't like how narrow iPhones are.
3. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Should have gone with Aluminium since it's apparently not even going to be the 'cheap' model. The new iPod touch looks better then this...
6. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
So, question guys.....There was an article about the 5C coming with less features, like no Siri, is that still the case/rumor or is that gone now since this isn't the 5Cheap like we thought?
12. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
It doesn't look like it. Most recent reports state the 5C isn't actually meant to be a more affordable version, but was made to replace the 5. Maybe the 5 just isn't profitable enough of a phone? For whatever reason, they're replacing it.
25. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
It's all speculation at this point, best bet is wait and see what Apple really has planned.
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
No Apple... Don't
don't ruin your reputation...
this is an utter waste
9. lalalaman (Posts: 591; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I would rather buy iphone 5.the white one lukd b8r than this...
On 20 oct ppl won't know if to applause or cry when they will unveil iphone 5c after 5s xD
11. Diego! (Posts: 545; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Every techblogger complaint about Samsung's plastics phones... I don't know what they're going to say about this thing. It's ugly as sh*t!!!
29. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
they will say this is a very pretty looking phone. yet they bash all other phones that's made out of plastic. typical
16. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The comments are getting rediculous. You all are acting like Apple has never done a lower priced product, Mac Mini iPad Mini, and or a plastic product, iPhone 3G 3GS. You all need to chill seriously. Its not like this is going to be their flagship phone. If they didn't come out with a lower priced phone you would all probably be complainning about the need for them to compete at the lower end market.
Apple's move here is typical. Get your brand reconized and then move on to spread out by going after the lower end. This phone will by no means be cheap, however I will swallow my words if it is.
39. Arthurhkt (Posts: 360; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
What Apple done with iPad Mini is indeed a nice move, personally i found out that it is the only Apple product that i found truly affordable, but i kinda sad with this, at first i really thought that Apple has at-least learn some lesson from their current mobile market, consumer are looking for lower end phones in certain market, i certainly hope the best of them but if the 5C's are not truly a "budget" phone like the iPad Mini, then good bye Apple, say good bye to the other world than US..... They are following BlackBerry path in term of mobile market
18. SonyPS4 (Posts: 335; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Lol now apple fans cant make fun of Galaxy plastic anymore
20. Commentator (Posts: 3570; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Actually they can. By making their lower-end model out of plastic, Apple is labeling plastic as lower-end compared to metal. What does that say about the Galaxy S 4 and its plastic?
26. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
actually, they can because those people will buy the iphone 5s or the older gen iphones...the ipod touches and the ipads are also made of aluminium
apple fans won't make fun of galaxy plastic if samsung stops using plastic to make its flagship devices.
its not just the apple fans who hate samsung phones' build quality...
lets wait for the galaxy s5
46. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
? My wife's sister bought Galaxy S4 two weeks ago and she is very happy with that plastic smartphone and Android! (for almost five years she love Apple!?)So I don't see a problem! She already bought few battery cover(aluminium, carbon, fake leather)People don't have a problem with Plastic they have a problem with Company(Samsung)!.
47. techspace (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
some of them may have a problem with samsung but many of them hate plastic...even the design looks bad
infact, samsung is reportedly worried about their plastic designs...
i like samsung but that's the truth...lets wait for the design 3.0
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
If this is real, not completely sold on that concept at this point, how scuff proof will it be? That glossy of a surface, it's going to show scuffs like never before. And please, don't say the answer it to put a case on it. Plastic phones shouldn't need cases.
24. Stagueve (Posts: 54; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Nop, just an iPhone 5C Dummy colored by hand
30. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Looks like black mix with purple in the picture
31. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
How is it that it looks cheap and it's just a picture but y'all praise all the cheap Samsung, LG, and other android phones. Let's keep it real! Y'all only saying that because it's apple but half of you like the lumia's.
33. bucky (Posts: 2277; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They shouldn't make a cheap version. The iPhone 5 would be discounted enough to label it the budget version without taking a hit on the premium aspect. This is stupid
34. johnbftl (Posts: 273; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Hmm, black, 4" screen rectangular with rounded corners and made of plastic. I wonder if Samsung has any grounds to counter sue now for infringement of the original Galaxy S.
35. AndroidYeah (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Why is there so much hate for a product that hasn't even been announced.
Apple never makes anything that doesn't look good Period!
So let's wait and see what really does happen.
But I do hope that this isn't it.
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"...first time the upcoming device leaks out in a [gorgeous] black plastic shell"
Wtf? Victor, this is worse than the plastic on my S3. Gorgeous black plastic shell because there's a Apple logo on it? Seriously?
40. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Wtf? Smurf, can't Victor have his own opinion? Why does it make you so frustrated?
Oh, I forgot that you're just a fandroid and an Apple hater.
41. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No one is frustrated here bud. I simply stated that the plastic is worse than what's on my S3. Fandroid? Not even close. If it weren't for my S3, I'd be rocking a iPhone 5 right now but nice try.
42. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Read your previous comment again and see if you sound frustrated or not.
49. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I don't think people are looking at this objectively enough.
To me, I'd say the 5C is not meant to be the "affordable iPhone" nor is it meant to be a straight up iPhone 5 replacement. I think it's intended to be a regional thing. Regional as in iPhone 5C(hina).
Apple's been trying to find a way to break into the larger picture of the Chinese smartphone market. I think the 5C is the handset they plan on doing it with. Maybe even a more globalized scope to help the market share increase around the world if it sells well.
50. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Reminds me of them fruity iMacs/whatever they had in the nineties..
They looked like crap, to me too.
53. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Could IPHONEARENA...please stop with the display of Iphone 5c BACK CASE...its high time we see the FRONT SCREEN