Black & Brown Samsung Galaxy S III now available through Verizon
0. phoneArena 12 Oct 2012, 13:27 posted on
Only the 16GB model is being offered in the two additional color options, which means if you want the 32GB model, you're still limited to just the marble white and pebble blue colors. Furthermore, the 16GB amber brown model is listed as an "online exclusive" which means it will not be available from stores (at least fore now), leaving only the 16GB sapphire black to join the in-store line up.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Brown? I guess that good with the nature inspired design.
16. Intelligence (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I love how people complain about Apple (and other companies) lacking color and options by just going with black and white. Then Samsung released 2 alternative colors to black and white (brown and blue/gray) and people complain by saying Brown is ugly. Then get the generic black or white one....
19. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It is Amber brown, and imo, the most beautiful galaxy s3.
The subtle lined pattern(like the pebble blue and graphite grey) makes this brown look special and unique, really in line with the whole nature inspired theme.
3. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Brown?? Omg why brown? Cant imagine a more boring colour...
7. e.wvu (unregistered)
You know that you got 3 other choices, right?
9. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
I do, but think of it this way. Someone showed the samsung ceo a pallete of colors, and among all of those he was like.. "you know, its 2012, and brown is the cool exciting color were looking for, lets go with brown!" i mean geez :/ its a cutting edge smartphone and its brown!
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2915; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I would have thumbed you up, but it's 'lose', not 'loose'.
11. e.wvu (unregistered)
Yeah, I don't like the brown one either, but Samsung like to give us choices. In my opinion, I don't know why Samsung would go with brown when they could of easily choose better colors, but maybe they just think brown is a great color. But they have given us what, over 5 colors (from various carriers) to choose from? So, there's pretty much a color for everyone's taste.
22. voxmarc (Posts: 320; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
you can always go back to your yellow windows....
23. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
not yellow, cyan, and id love a red lumia 920... you know red dont you, a real color? Wow, 14 down thumbs... keep em coming droidboys :-D
24. KParks23 (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
That brown looks pro! Would go great if ur into khaki or dress pants and polos I like it!
4. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I would have considered a few other colors before brown but, whatever. It will match up with a leather case if that's what your into.
5. roscuthiii (Posts: 1885; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I think more of a bronze would have been a bit better as far as color choices go.
6. Ralston1983 (Posts: 65; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
I wonder if Samsung did any market research or polls when they picked colors. But someone will probably buy.
12. McSteezy (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
The Brown is going to be the Sh*t. Literally!
15. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I can just picture Samsung having there meeting. "We need more color!" "Yes! Customers will love more color options!" "What color should we have?" "Brown!" "No one has a brown phone!" "Genius!"
20. jael206 (Posts: 131; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
yeah.. imagine you have the most powerful handphone (sorry, "phablets" not included) with the most unique handphone color. it makes you rather stand out, i should say... so i bought the gray one.
21. AAABall (unregistered)
T-Mobile had a sweet looking brown phone back in the day,http://www.phonearena.com/phon
25. jumbolump (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
I think the brown looks pretty cool. Has a woodgrain kind of appeal to it. Not the "turd" appeal everyone else is seeing. Pretty classy in my opinion. Wish they would have gotten the titanium color too but if the price is right and there is nothing worthy on the market come the holiday season, I just might.