Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg want you…to code
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2013, 23:32 posted on
We know you love mobile technology because you come to PhoneArena.com to learn all the neat things about it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
As a born coder, i accept your challenge.
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1081; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I would love to be a computer science major and I'm only a freshman in college right now. The problem is I suck at math. :-/
Whether the actual jobs require advanced math daily, idk. But the classes to get a computer science degree require hardcore math classes.
6. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yup. To be a great coder/programmer, one has to be highly analytical. And there's only one way through that: Advanced Math. Good in solving math problems? Computer software just might be the thing for you.
9. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Don't let the math hold you back. All it takes is a good tutor and good work ethic to pass those classes and you'll find its easier than you think. Plus if you take them during summer semesters you can focus on them a lot more. I helped tons CS friends with math classes when I was in college studying for computer engineering.
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1081; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I know I CAN do anything I put my mind to. But I would be literally hating life along the way; not something I want during college.
12. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Yeah you need to. LOL scaring people off the degree haha. But hell no! Great IDE's like Visual Studio and Google searching will get you through! But you really need to be a great analyst, can foresee the future and tactful.
8. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Learning web development is actually nice...
11. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
hahaha as an IT student, I'm already dying! But because of the great IDE, Visual Studio, it will be easy lol.