Big Apple rain showers flood the Fifth Avenue Apple Store
0. phoneArena 08 May 2013, 18:19 posted on
Heavy downpours in the Big Apple combined with poor construction on roof repairs to lead to a flood inside the 24 hour Apple Store on New York's Fifth Avenue on Wednesday morning; about 15 customers were in the store at the time and despite the flow of water into the store, the location never closed and none of the electronics were damaged...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MariaGabriela (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Rain is for good luck they need it LOL because android is eating Apple
16. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
wait "rain showers flood" is it me or that is an actual grammar mistake? shouldn't it be "rain floods" or "rain shower floods
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Maybe Apple should innovate the iArk. They say the roof was repaired incorrectly... Sounds like that old quote, "Your holding it wrong".
2. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
There's that good ol "premium apple build quality" they love to preach!
12. ThePython (Posts: 887; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Correction: ...they love to preach for their devices.
Not buildings... Ugh Apple haters everywhere.
19. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
I think apple should not think of strengthening their store since its build with 'all glass premium apple quality' which they have even patent....
27. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Fish tank!! Pea brained fans!!
My friend told me a lot of bimbo and himbo use apple products.
I laugh in agreement.
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Lmao. Bad Karma strikes again. I wonder if that store got flooded by hurricane sandy?
4. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
It didn't, people were still lining up for the i5 around that time.
5. Aeires (unregistered)
I see a lawsuit on the horizon towards the repair company, this is, if not the biggest flagship store Apple has.
18. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
I think apple should patent rain shower water first and then sue GOD if God showers the rains without their permission...
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I didn't know Apple was doing a soak test.
25. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Heh, you win the internets for that one.
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
All the devices sold from the store will have water detect triggered to red. What is apple doing about that?
7. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
haha they were trying to do a real world water test
8. monomilkman (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Next Sony Ad: store flooding, Experia Z phones still working...laughing at Apple
Following Ad: people playing at pool, showing off phones...actually going into the pools...laughing at Samsung
*no, I'm not a Experia Z fan lol just thinking how'd I'd advertise it
14. Commentator (Posts: 3685; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Sony would be opening a frustrating can of worms with that ad. Have you ever tried to use a capacitive touchscreen while it's wet? People would be complaining to Sony that they can't use their phone in the water if it's not perfectly dry and that their ad is misleading.
20. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Btw xperia z can only survive in a metre of still water not a not a flood of water...
10. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
it like their phone poor constrution.. hehehehe
11. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol they know how to make phones..... um kinda...., but definately not buildings to put them in
13. Diego! (Posts: 573; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I remembered they patented the design of their stores... now they should patent their underwater concepts too hahaha :P
21. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
So if any other store gets flooded with rain water, apple can sue them...
15. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
The next iphone and ipad will be much bigger, because more rain means bigger fruits
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Gives liQuid damage a whole new meaning!! I just have two questions:
1. Will Apple Care cover the damage?
2. Why didn't they use Krazy Glue to assemble the glass cube; you know, like how they glue their phones together before they ship them out to unsuspecting customers?
3. And, why didn't the Holy ghost of Steve Jobs protect his Apple-Holy ground?
4. Can the 15 people in the store at the time file a class-action lawsuit for extreme emotional distress?
5. What about Lindsay Lohan, will she have to surrender her iPhone while in rehab'?
22. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, that store got flooded by Apple Hurricane with Apple juice.
Buy an iPhone free a cup of Apple juice! :)
28. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
The biggest thing to happen to flooding since flooding:')