Beyond LTE (Part 2): From AMPS to LTE
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jan 2013, 03:18
In the first part of our Beyond LTE series, we told you about how it all began - with the birth of the mobile radio telephone and the very first mobile network systems like MTS in the US and the Russian Altay...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joseph98 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 06:27 6 0
Very interesting story. Can't wait for the true 4G
2. rihel_95 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 06:46 3 2
Forget True 4G, in India, we don't even get proper 3G connections everywhere, so, 2G still rules here.
3. IamTheGodfatherofCell posted on 03 Jan 2013, 07:16 0 1
I would love to see what is true 4G service....is it the highly touted 100 mbps that no carrier even got close to acheiving?
12. speed4evr posted on 04 Jan 2013, 14:14 0 0
Pretty much. LTE-Advanced will provide theoretical speeds of 100Mbps down. ATT stated in December of 2012 they're launching LTE-Advanced this year...Sprint /Clearwire and VZW will laucn LTE-Advanced over the next year or so.
5. tech23 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:38 0 0
Im here in Canada using 3g phone and my friend has LTE phone and the speed is almost the same ..what a joke
6. PapaSmurf posted on 03 Jan 2013, 09:38 0 1
In the US, AT&T's LTE hits speeds of over 45mbps in Chicago on average. Although its severely overkill, that's quite impressive.
7. osorto40 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 12:45 1 0
Only about 30 percent of the population gets those speeds everyone else is still stuck on 2g or 3g
11. Riven posted on 04 Jan 2013, 03:06 0 0
These data limits are gonna be a problem...if you can pull 50+ mbs down and you only have a 2GB MONTHLY limit (before throttling as AT&T will do even on "unlimited plans") i wonder what will happen
13. speed4evr posted on 04 Jan 2013, 14:22 0 0
Im always over 2 GB on 3G even with WiF, gotta love having unlimited with Sprinti. But the data limits are very disproportionate compared to the speeds especially with streaming, large games/apps.
10. Riven posted on 04 Jan 2013, 03:01 1 0
This is a great piece Ray S. take a bow, i'm thoroughly enjoy this :)
14. TheTruthSquad posted on 05 Jan 2013, 14:46 0 0
I am going to dump VZW when my contract expires. I have had numerous complaints before I switched to VZW. When will T-Moble get 4G-LTE and will it be an increase in speed over what I have now?"
15. CRICKETownz posted on 05 Jan 2013, 22:12 0 0
probably never buddy...T-Mobile can play all of the 4G commercials they want but their name is synonymous w/terrible reception. their first move should be to improve basic calling let alone expanding to LTE. paying pennies for the best is a fairytale...don't know anything in any market that works like that.