Beyond LTE (Part 1): 0G and the birth of the mobile radio phone
0. phoneArena 20 Dec 2012, 11:14 posted on
"A phone is only as good as the network it's on." You've probably heard that line many times, usually coming from spokespersons of wireless carriers, but like it or not, it's a fact that mobile networks are the backbone of the wonderful services we're so used to enjoying on our smartphones. In fact, as mobile technologies progress with time, our dependance on the carriers' networks seems to be growing stronger and stronger...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1452; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
why do they always find a way to mention the iphone?
4. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
this guy knows best how to worship apple :P
18. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Cause the iPhone's as un-Technological as the olden day Phones
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
iconic and behind the times....only iconic to those with feeble minds....
10. Ray.S (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
You may be right, buy you don't have to be on the cutting edge in order to be iconic. Michael Schumacher is no longer the best F1 driver around, but he is an iconic driver.
19. samystic (Posts: 214; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
iconic: (adjective) an object of uncritical devotion (according to MW dictionary)
26. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
it was an iconic product in the past now the two iconic products are WP'S AND DROIDS
3. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
If they only mention now iphone imagine what will happen during part 2,3 and 4. talking about 2g,3g and 4g. all the time : iphone this, iphone that....blah blah blah. What can you expect other than that from Ray.S?
7. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
lol. You know the drill, they could be writing about the invention of the telegrafh, and somehow "The all new, magical iPhone 5" would make it into the article...
5. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Its so fun the story time for x-mass!!
8. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Oh wow... check out that phone and that phone model...
9. gazmatic (Posts: 661; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
seriously though... whats with the iphone worship?
it is overpriced... if it costs $300 it is a rip off
it is not the greatest thing since sliced bread
the greatest thing since slice bread is the accidental discovery of peanut butter and jelly
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The LTE we have right now is not true 4G, LTE-Advanced is supposed to be true 4G, so after LTE it is going to be true 4G
12. wumberpeb (Posts: 452; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Can everyone stop whining about a mention of the iPhone? Good God, I'm looking forward to the rest of this series and all anyone can cry about is something completely separate. IPhoneArena, iFans, blah blah blah. I love my Optimus G, and nobody could ever pay me to own or use an iPhone, but the level of iPhone phobias on this site are ridiculous...
Stop hammering the writers
16. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I find that this site is pretty unbiased. Maybe a tiny bit in favor of Android, if anything, actually.
14. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
iPhone is, and will remain the best.
Those who can't afford it can only hate.
17. ajac09 (Posts: 1452; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I hate the iphone and bought 2 note 2's out of contract so whats about affording it?
21. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If you don't like ray s article , don't read it in the first place . What's wring with talking about iPhone ? This is PHONEARENA not android central .
22. jiggaphone (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Mar 2011)
The iPhone is merely a ubiquitous product that many people and demographics to relate to, so saying the PA supports or mentions a an apple product is favored more you are ignorant and the Mayans should have been right about you at least. now stop breathing the oxygen the rest of us deserve. So they arent favoring or maybe they are everyone has there right to be bias apparently you are so let the guy tell his story amd research how he pleases unless you wish to write it for him.
I look forward to this article series.
And nope not an apple fan boy got a GS3 among many other product including apple ones.
24. Planterz (Posts: 1662; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
No mention of Rodney Dangerfield's golf bag phone?
25. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Love it or hate it, fact is the iPhone is known for selling more units than any other line of smartphones. Not saying it does, not saying its better than, just saying it has that reputation. That's why Ray mentioned the iPhone. Not out of bias, or love. But because it is synonymous with ridiculously high sales.
great article btw, looking forward to more Ray.
27. fuzzkage (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
Like it or not Ray.S is right apple is an iconic symbol to the cellphone .. Mobile devices tablets are fathered from the design & capabilities of the iPhone & iPad