Best text messaging SMS replacement apps for Android
2. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I really like the G3's stock text message app.
3. Cicero (Posts: 703; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Textra is another one. Did you notice that the post with android not ready for 64 bit is now removed? Strange. Anyhow it was so partizan opinion and so full of hate one.
10. Jyakotu (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Textra is what I use as well. Really love the design and features.
18. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
textra for me, as well.
5. Antimio (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
why did you erased the "Is Android really 64-bit ready?" article?
7. hassoups (Posts: 466; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
QKSMS is a really nice one but it's still in beta..
9. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hover chat(formerly ninja sms) is also good, but i use chomp now
13. Caspid (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Hangouts is pretty slow. e.g. when starting a new conversation, it searches through all of your contacts (even those without phone numbers). Also ugly with no customization at all.
My vote goes to hello sms. Minimalist and the most efficient for texting purposes.
15. iamoa (unregistered)
is it just me or the girl in picture is really cute?
16. jdrch (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Jul 2014)
mySMS is the best one I've ever used. Also comes with desktop, web, and tablet clients so you can text from any of those too.
20. joe_jo63 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Mar 2015)
How come no one can make a sms app that allows someone to text anyone they choose even if they don't have the app. I have tried many. To send pics, vids, ect it sends that person a link to what you tried to send them. I know no one that wants or will click a link to see pics or watch a video. Can someone help with this and tell me the best with most features to get?
21. myspace (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
I really like this fairly new texting (and instant messaging) app, called invi. I think it has a whole lot of potential. It has 'mini apps' that open in a half screen that allow users to browse and share media while texting. And you can text people without the app too, so coool