Best racing games for the iPhone and the iPad
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2014, 23:16 posted on
We made a curated selection of some pretty impressive and notable racing games for iOS devices, which should keep fans of the genre engaged for a lot of time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
RealRacing is superb but it needs a dirt track ala Gran Turismo
18. LikeMyself (Posts: 436; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
RR3 is awesome! Dirt and snow track of Gran Turismo is pretty unrealistic though! It should bring the mighty Nurburgring Nordschleife though! Would be epic!
2. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I think the normal CSR Racing is better than classics. But both are nice though. I like Asphalt 8, CSR and GT Racing. Played them all and they're great!~
3. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Asphalt 8 is made to make you lose and spend cash on it. And its hard.
Real racing is short on Japanese cars.
10. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
true. i uninstalled it after an hour and just hated it. the last time i played asphalt it was 5 and it was good.
11. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
May be you need to practice a lot to play little better? Its best game if we know how to play,duh.
4. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Impossible to determine the difference??
Real Racing 3 has clearly better graphics and physics than gt Racing.
GT Racing doesn't even have real time reflections, and the car physics are nowhere near the rr3
5. arenanew (Posts: 279; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
ios user are beggar like phone arena play cheap quality game
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I tried Asphalt 8. Hated every bit of it. Reminded me why mobile gaming sucks.
13. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
No, it doesn't suck. Your gameplay sucks.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It does suck. The controls and gameplay reminded me of some flash games I played on the Internet when I was 7 years old. Super boring. And the graphics were nothing special. Ok I know mobile games don't really have that advanced graphics yet, but for example real racing 3 (which BTW also sucks) has a lot better graphics.
15. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
A8 Graphics sucks? Lolz, did you max out the graphic settings? Or were you playing on low setting? I mean,really? It has got blur effects, flairs, amazing drifts, awesome tracks, good music, good looking cars,fast gameplay (unlike rr3) . how this sucks? Do you even know how many ppl play on multiplayer mode? And if the games graphics sucks it could run on any device in high settings,but guess what ,it doesn't. Controls are so much better, you get 4-5 customizable options to choose from. May be you don't win races or you think its difficult to get new cars so you hate this game.
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Lolllz die hard mobile gamers make me laugh my assss off :D
19. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Any and every game sucks nfw most wanted's balls.!
Gt racing is a pos. I played fir 3 min max and deleted that cr@p.
A8 looks really really fake and also the graphics are worse when compared with nfs or even asphalt 7.I loved a7 but cant say the same for a8 !
7. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
You know, these games are also available for Android...
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
I dunno how the iPad displays these games considering that the 4:3 aspect ratio is a bit polarizing....do you get black bars on the top/bottom end to simulate 16:9? or does it just compress the whole thing to fit in the screen?
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
They are optimized for the screen. (This screenshot is from most likely from iPad 2 or og Mini, so graphics wise it looks quite sh*tty, but it looks awesome on retina models while playing.)
And usually tablet apps are first designed for the iPad and after that they design 16:9 or so version for Android and Windows.
12. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
How the hell NFS MW placed at 7th spot? It should be 2nd or 3rd. Its much better than real racing. Real racing is so laid back game ,no drifts, no nos, nothing. I think its made for people who complain for Asphalt 8 & NFS MW is boring because they can't play.
20. PeterK. (Posts: 296; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
The games are sorted in no particular order.
17. LikeMyself (Posts: 436; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
GT Racing 2 sucks! The game physics is very poor and unreal and can't even be compared to RR3!
Btw: Isn't NFSMW available on Android?
21. Garypayton555 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Oct 2014)
i like Crazy Taxi and some other., i found awesome racing game for iPhone and my sis iPad really good and best racing game, we both play as long time
22. appfromtop (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Oct 2015)
I advice you GT: Racing 2 or Angry Birds go! This games are so cool!
You also can try some of this: appfromtop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/infographic-best-ipad-racing-apps-hd-retina-2015.png