Best photo and video gallery apps for Android
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2014, 10:57 posted on
Tired of your stock image gallery app? Looking for something that can better manage the tons of photos you have stored on your phone? Then you've come to the right place. Here you'll find some of the best image gallery replacement apps available on the Play store. These are apps that go beyond the simple function of displaying photos. They are full-fledged image managers with useful management and editing tools built into them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hafini_27 (Posts: 759; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Quickpic is a must. I always install it first whenever I flash a new rom
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right! It might not be as fancy as the others but it's the best imo..
4. Assa7inKing (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
The ALBUM App for SONY ANDROID is the BEST... i just use that....
5. Krjal (Posts: 170; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
Always QuickPic been using it for years and it's never failed me. Developer responds to user concerns too.
7. alamtabrez (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
Has anyone tried IntelliPic? It seems good enough for me (I do not do any image editing though :))
8. skyrail (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2015)
Just tried Intellipic, reminds me the old icecream original image gallery under Archos 70 IT.
It's impressive, beautiful, with a touch of 3D.
Access to share functions is too slow. Missing details on pics.
But it lacks functionnality you can find in quikpic. Justpicture was also better, but dev discontinued.
What I want in gallery app is:
- fast navigation, even with heavy 5 Mo pics
- auto zoom, adapting to screen size
- easy switch between grid or detailed views
- fast album preview in one image
- easy share and interaction with smart tv, or pc, via wifi direct ...
- different sort list, by name, album, moments (aka dates)
A good bet would be to integrate quickpic best functions (moments, slideshow, view in map) in lollipop default image gallery.
9. RicDevitparker (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Apr 2015)
Conerning this topic I also recommand the "PhotosIndex" Android appwhich enables to associate tags to your photos and to search them easily.
PhotosIndex uses the EXIF IPTC standard then no risk to damage your photos, no need of database. The keywords are stored in the JPG (JPEG) file.
PhotosIndex uses the XPKeywords TAG, created by Microsoft, so if you copy your photos on Windows PC you keep benefit of your associations.
10. hullarb (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Oct 2015)
For photo tagging i recommend Swifttags which makes it really easy. It also saves the tags in EXIF in standard format.