This year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona was different. The world's biggest phone maker Nokia had no new handsets to announce and various reports suggested that Samsung was hesitating about having a big presence on the congress (not that you could tell by their massive promo of the Galaxy S II). However amidst the huge shake-up after Nokia's announcement, a lot of new exciting phones were unveiled. The front-runner of all seemed to be the Galaxy S II with a dual-core Samsung chip and a sleek body. Тhere were some impressive innovations as well – the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play was finally unveiled as the first PlayStation Certified handset, while the LG Optimus 3D made us think about all the possible uses of 3D on a cell phone.
Here at PhoneArena we picked five handsets that we think will set the pace of the industry in some way over the next year, but it is your opinion that we want to hear now. Which announcements made you hold your breath in anticipation? Which phone did you like the most? Cast your votes in our poll below!
- Which was the best phone at MWC 2011?
- Samsung Galaxy S II 19.97% (828 votes) (828 votes)
- LG Optimus 3D 63.7% (2641 votes) (2641 votes)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 8.13% (337 votes) (337 votes)
- HTC Desire S 0.96% (40 votes) (40 votes)
- HTC Incredible S 1.42% (59 votes) (59 votes)
- HP Pre 3 2.46% (102 votes) (102 votes)
- HP Veer 0.29% (12 votes) (12 votes)
- HTC Wildfire 0.24% (10 votes) (10 votes)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia neo 1.16% (48 votes) (48 votes)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia pro 0.84% (35 votes) (35 votes)
- Acer ICONIA SMART 0.31% (13 votes) (13 votes)
- HTC Salsa 0.24% (10 votes) (10 votes)
- HTC ChaCha 0.27% (11 votes) (11 votes)