Best phones of MWC 2011: People's Pick (Poll)
This year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona was different. The world's biggest phone maker Nokia had no new handsets to announce and various reports suggested that Samsung was hesitating about having a big presence on the congress (not that you could tell by their massive promo of the Galaxy S II). However amidst the huge shake-up after Nokia's announcement, a lot of new exciting phones were unveiled. The front-runner of all seemed to be the Galaxy S II with a dual-core Samsung chip and a sleek body. Тhere were some impressive innovations as well – the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play was finally unveiled as the first PlayStation Certified handset, while the LG Optimus 3D made us think about all the possible uses of 3D on a cell phone.
Here at PhoneArena we picked five handsets that we think will set the pace of the industry in some way over the next year, but it is your opinion that we want to hear now. Which announcements made you hold your breath in anticipation? Which phone did you like the most? Cast your votes in our poll below!
- Which was the best phone at MWC 2011?
828 votes (828 votes) Samsung Galaxy S II
2641 votes (2641 votes) LG Optimus 3D
337 votes (337 votes) Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
40 votes (40 votes) HTC Desire S
59 votes (59 votes) HTC Incredible S
102 votes (102 votes) HP Pre 3
12 votes (12 votes) HP Veer
10 votes (10 votes) HTC Wildfire
48 votes (48 votes) Sony Ericsson Xperia neo
35 votes (35 votes) Sony Ericsson Xperia pro
13 votes (13 votes) Acer ICONIA SMART
10 votes (10 votes) HTC Salsa
11 votes (11 votes) HTC ChaCha
1. coldheat06 (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 08:40 0 4
What about the Motorola Atrix
2. Dude (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 09:13 3 0
it was announced at the CES, not MWC...
3. snowgator posted on 23 Feb 2011, 09:14 1 0
HP phones weren't at MWC, were they? Thought HP had their own coming out party about a month before hand. Am I mis-remembering?
4. Alui (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 09:15 3 3
In all benchmarks Optimus 3D was better than the competition. And has a 3D screen(and cameras). How can SGS 2 be better? And where is the Atrix indeed?
5. cheetah2k posted on 23 Feb 2011, 16:17 0 2
Sure the LG had 3D and better benchmarks, but the SGSII has a far better & larger screen, its thinner, and the build quality is 2nd to none. Its also running Gingerbread, where as the LG is still on 2.2 (with 2.3 to come God knows when...)
As noted by Dude, the Atrix was released at CES, not MWC
11. jk (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 18:20 0 0
uhm... larger screen?
optimus 3D has 4.3,
GS2 4.27 or something am i wrong?
6. Zealot (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 16:48 1 0
I voted for the Galaxy S II, but I will definitely buy the Xperia Play!
7. Doakie posted on 23 Feb 2011, 17:30 0 0
Of the phones that were announced in the month of February I gotta say the only one that got me at all excited was the Pre3, webOS is great and a larger screen is a must for it. Its Touch-to-Share ability with the HP Touchpad makes it even better. I still have my personal phone Sprint Pre-, so the Pre3 definitely was the only thing interesting to me.
I have my work phone Mytouch 4G and honestly it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for in an Android handset, a larger screen like the Galaxy S, Evo, or Galaxy S2 would be nice, but I'm happy with my shrubs. So the only phone that really is interesting for me to trade out of at this point is the Pre3
8. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 23 Feb 2011, 19:28 2 0
the optimus 3d won thats the benchmark and the galaxy s2 review sucked i saw th review (maybe it wasnt) but of course i could be wrong . overall my opinion is the optimus 3d i cooler but if only it had an app that enables you to download movies like galaxy s phones...... o well
9. ps316 posted on 24 Feb 2011, 10:37 0 0
HTC is lacking in marketing strategy, they launched new version of existing mobiles with just S to it. So stupid. I would definitely go for XPERIA play... SE is back and will be rocking
10. jk (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 18:17 0 0
galaxy S2.... why would someone vote for that on top of optimus 3d or the atrix
12. se young (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 19:05 0 0
optimus is good... expecially 3D... because large screen and amainging view
13. John (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 19:23 0 0
u must be working at LGE? kk
27. Chris_ (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 18:41 0 0
Then, Do you work for SS? jajajajajaja
14. Kun-hee Lee (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 20:20 0 0
I think SGSII is betther than Optimus 3D.
SGSII is awesome!!
16. se young (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 20:25 0 0
you Samsung worker??
23. yj (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 00:11 0 0
R u using SGS2? or SS Man?
28. elly (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 23:44 0 0
his name is kun hee lee
15. se young (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 20:23 0 0
i'am not LGE worker... just only i love LGE
19. Johan (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 23:23 0 0
I LOVE MOTOROLLA
20. Josh (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 23:26 0 0
I heard the Atrix won in one of the benchmark test, Why isn't the Atrix included in the poll?
21. Petes Ian (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 23:28 0 0
If iPhone was in display this poll rate could've changed ...
although I'll buy Galaxy S2, or the Optimus 3D
22. kensin (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 23:46 0 0
Se young and kun-hee are better than Optimus 3D and SGSII .
24. 3D (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 00:17 0 0
it'd be nice if I can watch full 3D movie on my mobile. Ofcourse I'm not an amishboy who says: "3D display makes the hero of the movie come atta the screen"
25. bruce. yun (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 01:39 0 0
Life is good?? but LG Optimus 3D is really good!!!!
26. rian mcgrey (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 02:15 0 0
I voted for LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus 3D is very excellent!!
I think LG Optimus smart phone is likey to go up top level.
29. Starlight Breaker (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 09:35 0 0
Optimus 3D is the top model in this MWC, outstanding.
30. Grey (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 17:22 0 0
The performance is the most important to me.
It is why I vote for Optimus 3D
31. sajamaum (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 18:46 0 0
3D without glass is a defenitly cool stuff. No doubt about it.
but buying those???? that's a big question.