Best of CES 2013: smartphones and tablets
Best of CES 2013
1. Sony Xperia Z
2. Sony Xperia ZL
3. Huawei Ascend D2
4. Lenovo IdeaPhone K900
Image Courtesy of Venture Beat
5. ZTE Grand S
6. Alcatel One Touch Scribe X
7. Project Shield game console
8. Tegra 4 tablet by Vizio
9. Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1
10. Acer Iconia B1
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4313; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
A HTC Droid DNA that has a MicroSD card slot & a 13MP camera that you can't distinguish from the 8MP camera on the DNA.
I have had the HTC Droid DNA since Nov. 2012, so been there done that.
People have to wait until what is it March or April for 2012 tech. By then the HTC Droid DNA will almost be 5 months old.
11. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Agree, Droid DNA is released ahead of all these phones, so other companies are just trying to catch up.
DNA has best camera- Arguably
Best screen Period
Best CPU GPU Period
Best Benchmarks.. better than note 2.
Certainly XPERIA Z with waterproof and dustproff has advantages.. but.. not a game changer.. and there is no reason to wait till march.
I own too from the day it released
15. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
hahahaha... you just cant accept the fact that you bought a wrong phone hahahaha
DNA has best camera- Arguably - this time NOT ANYMORE
Best screen Period - in youtube yes but in real life its still BRAVIA
Best CPU GPU Period - maybe yes maybe not
Best Benchmarks.. better than note 2. - im going to give this part to DNA
Best Design, Best Build Quality, w/ MicroSd, so many accessories support and lastly lets go for a swim with our phone hahahahha
18. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
HTC's international Butterfly is about to launch too, with a micro sd card slot :P I would prefer its matte poly carbonate body too because glass shatters too easy and the xperia z is covered in it, back, front, sides... everywhere! and i beat the butterfly/dna has better dev support because devs love HTC more than Sony. I'll give it to sony for the waterproof and better camera but I think it would be extremely irritating have to remove covers for all the ports i want to use
19. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
DNA might have better accessory support too because all of its variants (Butterfly and J butterfly) all have the exact same design and dimensions... unlike sony's z and zl
2. bvalde09 (Posts: 172; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Are we serious about Panasonic Retail Price? Who would spend that much money on a tablet....... I just....... Never mind will be a failure anyways
13. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Agreed, the design is so fugly too...
The Acer tablet look really nice tho, Seems like ASUS got all the rest of the Asian laptop manufacturers into the tablet game.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Considering Oppo is a Chinese-American co-foundation, it's odd they didn't show up to present the Find 5 at CES. That leaves Panasonic 20" 4k tablet for me as the top device, followed by the juice-packed yet slim, waterproof, aluminum-built Ascend D2 and the Lenovo K900 (though for that size I'd have preferred a sylus included).
17. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
The panasonic tablet has a lot of negatives. It's to big to be a tablet, it's heavy, and windows is not optimized for uHD resolution, as a result pages look zoomed out.
6. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I think you missed the Archos Titanium Tab's which is very cheap and Attractive & does the job ...
7. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 75; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Sony Xperia Z pales in comparison to the Lenovo Ideaphone K900. Sony's phone is beat in every aspect.
20. Bernoulli (Posts: 1470; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Eh I don't think the lenovo phone can withstand water or be dust proof
8. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Most of these phone and tablets will never be sold in the US except for Sony they are all for China and european markets
10. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I think the Lenovo IdeaPhone K900 is the best
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think I like Lenovo IdeaPhone the most out of all, next would be the Sonys.
When are they going to start talking about the SGS4 and HTC M7... Been waiting for too long.
14. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I read a lot of bitter posts from early adopters who bought the Droid DNA. Well, well, I respect your opinions but it's not rational to dismerit the Z just because you have the old model. Too bad you didn't wait. We'll let you wallow.
16. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
super duper agree with you
those people are now regreting of gettin DNA thats why they are BITTER to the TOP hahahaha
22. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2054; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I think the Lenovo IdeaPhone for me was the most significant device at CES 2013 .