The biggest news was of course the launch of Microsoft’s Office Mobile on iPhone, so you could finally view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on an iDevice. On the Android front, we got CPU-Z, a brilliant system information app that has long existed for desktop platforms.
Windows Phone caught up with 6Sec, an application that feels like Twitter’s Vine, allowing to capture and share 6-second video clips. There is more good stuff right below. As always, feel free to add in your suggestions for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone apps!
Best apps of the week
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature ;
- Search for locations (automatically added to your favourites), or use your current location
- Hourly forecasts with detailed information for the next 48 hrs (UK)
- Look further ahead with 3 hourly forecasts (UK and International)
- Tap each hour for extra detail including Pressure, Visibility and Humidity
- A day overview including Sunrise/Sunset times, UV, with Pollen and Pollution information for the UK”
* Share a picture or a document from apps like Gallery directly to Cloud Print
* Track the status of your print jobs”
* Edit existing posts
* View list of your saved and published posts
* Switch account/blog if you have more than one”