Best lock screen widget apps for Android
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2012, 06:39 posted on
Lock screen apps that support widgets, Android 4.2-style, are only a handful right now, but there are many others that enhance the functionality of the first screen you Encounter upon pressing that lock/power key of your Android phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
this is the beauty of android. customization FTW!
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yup, but when u tell iPhone fans about widgets, they say "who the help is gonna use that".like when I had the galaxy nexus with the panorama feature on it they still say who's gonna need that but when apple announced panorama and raving about it all the iPhone fans are just fascinated and over excited and I just sit there and laugh at them !!!!
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
don't worry in Apple camp we laugh when JB addressed to fix the lagging on your phone. iOS has had it since the beginning...
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Android users just laugh at you because that's all you have to brag about.
3. iameer (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
I think android just makes a mess of everything....... there are widgets, then lock screen widgets, app tray and widgets tray.... I think android should just clean up this mess and make it simple....
6. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
then customize it that fits your need.. it is very easy and fun..
8. Rocksteady (unregistered)
you mean become restricted, boring, and with no learning curve at all? But that's already available in the market.
9. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
He wants it simple cause his mind cant keep up.. I think you're around 70 y/o
10. metoyou (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Are you telling that he/she worser than my four years old little one?
11. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
most likely. simple things for the simple minded..
13. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
My father is a doctor, I helped him make the choice between iOS and Android. His first question about them was "Which one just works." He doesn't care about customization, he just wants to call, text, read emails, and browse the web.
Call him simple minded all you want, but you're close minded if you believe everyone thinks widgets/customization are the most important thing on a phone.
15. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
But it doesn't just work. I thought that myth was busted awhile ago.
21. pulkit.tyagi (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
for u there is IOS ..so stick with it. for people who can handle more complex os there is android so just chill.
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Cool article, thanks, I was looking at lock screens yesterday and adjusted HD Widgets to be my lockscreen. Have to check out some of these, I'm liking the options that some offer.
12. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I use the WidgetLocker Lockscreen & I'm lovin' it!
14. ibap (Posts: 710; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Wait - I thought a lockscreen was supposed to be ... locked? I'm tired of being butt-dialed. I use WidgetLocker, but don't put widgets on the lockscreen that don't display information that I want to view quickly. I disable the click-response for all except the lock widget (don't want to wear out the power button or waste battery).
The idea of customization is that we can each have what we want or feel is important, but please don't dial me inadvertently or whine about your battery life.
16. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Looking at some of these lock screens you kinda have to ask yourself, if you need all those widgets and apps on it, why not just turn off the lock screen?
I turn off the lock screen so I don't have to get something like this
20. Jayray78 (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
I thought this was going to be an article about which widgets were best for the 4.2 lockscreens....not about locksrceen replacement apps.
22. harteg (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Try Notes Widget HD if you want Yellow note pads on your Lockscreen !!!!
(if you got android 4.2 of course, hah)