Best extra-large smartphones under $300
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2014, 17:41 posted on
Looking for an affordable smartphone with a display of at least 5.5-inches? We have some suggestions you'll probably like...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. Ashoaib (Posts: 2836; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
if price catagory was 350$ then huawei mediapad x1 is the best phone/phablet/tablet
3. kindlefireowner (Posts: 487; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I would buy a Blu phablet before I would buy the ZTE or Huawei phones.
27. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1038; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I've had the Studio 5.0 & 5.5. They're actually pretty good. Definitely not for the uninitiated, though. You need to know Android to get around some of the presets. The biggest animal they have is the Life View tablet which is basically a phone with an 8" screen. Not practical to go to the grocery store but it's great for my work.
4. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Lumia 1320 is the best of the bunch excluding OPO of course.
24. zacsaturday (Posts: 127; Member since: 09 May 2014)
Goophone N3 (N3, N3+, N3 Elite)
3 different varients
All under 300.
P.s Galaxy note 3 clone, it runs Touchwiz.
5. GreekGeek (Posts: 958; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Yeah right , OnePlus One? O.o
Was it customary and mandatory to put at least one Windows phone in there?
And how come the Xiaomi Mi3w didn't make it? A premium device that retails for $230
Oh wow, what a crappy list
8. Florin.T (Posts: 157; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Xiaomi Mi3 doesn't really fit the "extra-large" description, because it's a 5-inch handset. I'm sure you noticed that most smartphones now have screens of around 5 inches. 5.5 inches and up - that's extra-large.
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 4256; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
XiaoMi Note spec has been revise to octa-core 1.7GHz MediaTek processor, 2GB of RAM while the price remain unchange.
Best handset for mobile gaming at $170 due to its Mali 450 GPU, 2 GB ram and good CPU performance. I tested Dead trigger 1 and 2, Wild Blood, Order and Chao online.
All fours games are smooth on highest possible setting.
7. gigaraga (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
They might be cheap but this list doesn't have any decent phones. Even if its more expensive by a little bit, I'd take the Mega 6.3 over all of these, maybe only except the Mate 2, which has good battery life. Rest no thanks, its either chinese or nokia which are both untrustable...
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 4256; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Mega 6.3 only has 1.5G ram.
The XiaoMi has exceeded both Note 2 and Mega 6.3 performance.
23. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Once you get Asus Zenfone, you'll love it. It has a powerful Intel dual core inside. It's UI is beautiful too
9. realjjj (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
not even close and 5.5 inch is not extra large anymore.
10. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 415; Member since: 07 May 2012)
huawei ascend mate 2 4 of course,and please stop including the imaginary OnePlus One,it basically cant be bought!!!
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1639; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I just ordered my 64GB OPO this morning. The case selection needs to get better, soon, but hard to argue with $363.14, shipped.
15. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 415; Member since: 07 May 2012)
ordered it from where,which oppo are you refering to?
16. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1639; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
OnePlus One, and from the OnePlus One Store. I got my invite yesterday afternoon.
17. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 415; Member since: 07 May 2012)
good for you,hope you enjoy it. they need to make it easier for everyone to buy it,i would buy two
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1639; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
True. I am looking forward to getting my 3 invites in a couple of weeks so I can hook some others up with one. Of course, I may not need them, soon, anyway, if they pull their heads out of their @sses.
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 4256; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Do share your experience when you get the phone. Heard good thing about them too.
19. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 691; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
XiaoMi note, Huawei mate, Lenovo s930
21. swiekekodok (Posts: 58; Member since: 19 Jul 2014)
Hewm,i think Asus Zenfone 6 is more than $300 in my Country,Indonesia...this phone whooping overprice,coz its very rare distribution,...cmon Asus,... #thumbdown
22. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Nice article. This will be my reference. One of them will be in my wishlist
26. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Well if LARGE is what you need i think the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T311 8inch tablet phone blows em aways in screen real estate lols. Huawei Mediapad M1 also fits the bill... Lenovo Ideatab A3000? ASus Fonepads?
If money is not an object then the Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and Mediapad X1 are jampacked full hd high quality screens...
In other news here in asia, we are currently in process of having Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition nearing the $300 price point ($381 to be exact).... which is a great value if one wants a high end phablet on the cheap...