Best affordable quad-core dual-SIM phablets
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 07:06 posted on
Since the first Samsung Galaxy Note launched back in 2010, phablets, a name for phones that near tablets in size, have grown from a bold experiment…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 155; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
No way! I don't wanna compromise QUALITY over screen size and buffed up china specs.
7. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
PA is trying to shadow the Xperia ZU? They post useless things! They are afraid too..
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yup. Look at all their 'behinds'...can't really differentiate.
But i don't blame them, Samsung being the 'in' thing right now...soon there'll be look-alikes of Xperia Z.
20. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Yup. Phonearena is starting to recommend us some subpar Chinese products that rip off the designs of others. Such devices are available in my country's online stores, and all are classified under the tags "China gadgets", etc where value is almost none and interested customers bid from a single dollar.
If they can last a year, count yourself lucky.
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Waiting for the Micromax Canvas 4. Much much better than buying chinese phones without any warrenty or known reputation of quality.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That is one of the Chinese made phones...simply just re-branded.
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
You're right :)
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Of course I know that. But instead of buying something in wild, it's a tried, tested and warrenty supported by Micromax. May be MMX doesn't design their own phones but they do conduct quality checks. So it's very much like Global brands minus the design phase.
As now they are a major brand of phone in India serving millions people they have to be strict on quality. I have used their Canvas 2 and Canvas HD, and pretty sure about quality. For price it's very good.
I don't have anything against chinese phones. But I won't recommend 'Chinese phones without warrenty' with emphasis on Warrenty. Everything is Chinese made these days.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't know man...i have a friend who bought a Micromax phone and the after-sales service is pretty bad. It's been a month and still haven't got it bad.
1st, they're told to wait for a week. If not fixed by then, they'll return the full amount.
Went after a week, again refused and said will take one more week, but denied they said anything about a refund.
I've thought about Micromax, Lava, Karbonn and all those stuff but i don't think i can go with the service if anything like that happened.
Now i'm going for well branded and trustable OEM.
10. Sondae (Posts: 172; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Most of them looks like samsung design PA show. Its hard to buy without a service center near you though if things go wrong. Its probably a disposable phone.
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 1741; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Haha, look at all the Samsung clones.
I wouldn't mind you guys doing cheap Chinese reviews every now and then, so we get a look at where they're at.
12. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
China's product should be banned a long time ago. Their espionage is beyond a common sense.
The problem is that the world's economy relies on them. A looong leash.
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1511; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Don't buy, they are Chinese products, not reliable-durable and have very poor quality.
18. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
go ahead and buy made in the same factories as the iphones and the galaxies hell.
19. taikucing (Posts: 581; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I've bad experience with Chinese phones. The bad things are like this:
The battery says 3000 mAh, but the actual capacity is 2000 mAh or less. Sometime you get dead pixels if you're not a lucky buyer. Camera is useless. Speaker & earphone are crap. Internal memory speed is slow, probably using class 4 or class 6. Becomes hot easily.
22. sunnyfpy (Posts: 29; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Back to the future.4 GB memory and storage,whats the use?????