Best Windows Phone games of 2012
0. phoneArena 08 Feb 2013, 08:58 posted on
We’ve long been saying the Windows Phone platform isn’t mature enough, lacks the apps and many other things…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. windroid (unregistered)
Some good games, the problem in WP platform is 90% of them are paid. Hope this changes soon.
10. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
There are trial versions for most apps. Limited functionality, I'll grant you, but you don't have to pay first, try, then uninstall and request a refund.
15. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Try looking at the non xbox live titles, there are a whole lot of great free games.
18. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Nokia gives out some paid apps for free for a while sometimes, I got Sonic and super monkey ball 2 that way :D
2. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Taptitude is my favorite gaming app that features dozens of addicting classics and newly created games. It has an extensive ranking and unlocking system. Definitely #1 on my list, it will last you for days. ***and its free
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Who want draw something?
4. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Harvest is from 2011. I had it on my original focus. Fusion would have been a good example too, but also from 2011
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sigh, this was kind of depressing to look through.
Such an empty house, the WP marketplace
6. windroid (unregistered)
Yes it's a little depressing, but the platform in its profitable form (WP8) is just starting to bloom.
7. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i would have put words by post ahead of words with friends. its much smoother than wwf and has more options like world wide rankings and most people that have a windows phone use it over wwf. wwf has a 2 star rating in the store where as words by post has 4.5.
8. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Way to leave out Dragon's Blade and the Platformance Series, which are much better than half the games you listed. Also, there is Alawishus Pixel, Gun Bros, Survivalcraft, ilomilo & Zomb1es (on teh phone). Put frankly, your list kinda sucks.
12. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Also Final Fantasy for RPGs. I really enjoyed Dragon's Blade
13. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Try Doom & Destiny. Its f***ing awesome.
9. steve_sctems (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
Furball over the front is a good game. 2d scroller but with some tweaks. The controls are a pain to learn but it has a lot of depth and play time and is updated often.
14. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Where's joe belfiore " Killer games coming to wp8 "promise??? WP8 still trails behind ios ( and android) when it comes to gaming, witch is a shame since i love my XBOX and all this xbox live integration thing is really cool.I really hope that more developers are going to be even more intrested in windows phone and that we will see more apps and games in the near future. I think that if nokia releases their EOS it would be a game changer for windows phone. But right now, in terms of the 3rd party app ecosystem WP8 trails behind Android in quantity, but especially behind ios in both quality and quantity.And i really like the metro UI
16. Luuthian (Posts: 222; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
This list just reinforces my feelings about the platform. Half the games on it are old, and WP7/8 tends to carry along the highest priced version of the game along with the worst graphics.
I ditched it for my Android and iOS for a reason :/
19. HyApp (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Feb 2013)
Missing Age of Empires for WP? Try my game:
or Empires! (paid, ad-free)
20. onlinemelvin (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
One of the best free windows phone puzzle game I have seen BOX WORLD http(column)//windowsphone(dot)com/s?appId=1aad4a1f-eb58-48ae-8c04-9521cbfc5df0 . Its awesome guys!!!