Best Windows Phone games of 2012
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:58
We’ve long been saying the Windows Phone platform isn’t mature enough, lacks the apps and many other things…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. windroid posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:11 3 1
Some good games, the problem in WP platform is 90% of them are paid. Hope this changes soon.
10. applesauce posted on 08 Feb 2013, 14:41 1 0
There are trial versions for most apps. Limited functionality, I'll grant you, but you don't have to pay first, try, then uninstall and request a refund.
15. Bilpocalypse posted on 08 Feb 2013, 15:30 2 0
Try looking at the non xbox live titles, there are a whole lot of great free games.
18. lolol posted on 08 Feb 2013, 21:05 0 0
Nokia gives out some paid apps for free for a while sometimes, I got Sonic and super monkey ball 2 that way :D
2. RiseAgainst94 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:14 1 0
Taptitude is my favorite gaming app that features dozens of addicting classics and newly created games. It has an extensive ranking and unlocking system. Definitely #1 on my list, it will last you for days. ***and its free
4. clevername posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:27 1 0
Harvest is from 2011. I had it on my original focus. Fusion would have been a good example too, but also from 2011
5. darac posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:41 1 8
Sigh, this was kind of depressing to look through.
Such an empty house, the WP marketplace
6. windroid posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:47 5 0
Yes it's a little depressing, but the platform in its profitable form (WP8) is just starting to bloom.
7. freebee269 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:52 1 0
i would have put words by post ahead of words with friends. its much smoother than wwf and has more options like world wide rankings and most people that have a windows phone use it over wwf. wwf has a 2 star rating in the store where as words by post has 4.5.
8. Bilpocalypse posted on 08 Feb 2013, 11:29 1 1
Way to leave out Dragon's Blade and the Platformance Series, which are much better than half the games you listed. Also, there is Alawishus Pixel, Gun Bros, Survivalcraft, ilomilo & Zomb1es (on teh phone). Put frankly, your list kinda sucks.
12. applesauce posted on 08 Feb 2013, 14:42 0 0
Also Final Fantasy for RPGs. I really enjoyed Dragon's Blade
9. steve_sctems posted on 08 Feb 2013, 12:53 0 0
Furball over the front is a good game. 2d scroller but with some tweaks. The controls are a pain to learn but it has a lot of depth and play time and is updated often.
14. feres13 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 14:57 1 1
Where's joe belfiore " Killer games coming to wp8 "promise??? WP8 still trails behind ios ( and android) when it comes to gaming, witch is a shame since i love my XBOX and all this xbox live integration thing is really cool.I really hope that more developers are going to be even more intrested in windows phone and that we will see more apps and games in the near future. I think that if nokia releases their EOS it would be a game changer for windows phone. But right now, in terms of the 3rd party app ecosystem WP8 trails behind Android in quantity, but especially behind ios in both quality and quantity.And i really like the metro UI
16. Luuthian posted on 08 Feb 2013, 15:46 0 2
This list just reinforces my feelings about the platform. Half the games on it are old, and WP7/8 tends to carry along the highest priced version of the game along with the worst graphics.
I ditched it for my Android and iOS for a reason :/
19. HyApp posted on 09 Feb 2013, 18:32 0 0
Missing Age of Empires for WP? Try my game:
or Empires! (paid, ad-free)