Best Sony Xperia Z1 Compact alternatives
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact alternatives
1. HTC One mini
HTC One mini review
2. Galaxy S4 mini
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
3. iPhone 5s
Apple iPhone 5s review
4. iPhone 5c
Apple iPhone 5c review
5. Motorola Moto G
Motorola Moto G review
6. Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5 review
7. Nokia Lumia 925
Nokia Lumia 925 review
8. Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 review
1. boosook (Posts: 1090; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Come on… how can the Moto G, One Mini, S4 mini be considered alternatives to the z1 compact? The cameras cannot be compared, since on one side we have one of the best cameras and on the other side we have 5mp low range cameras. The same can be said for the rest of the hardware.
There's not a real alternative to the z1 compact, it's unique. It's also better than the iphone: better screen, better camera, water resistant… though the iphone is the only phone that comes close, meaning that it can offer a good camera and high-end specs in a compact package.
14. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
It's funny because what he says here is just that any other phone will do. What kind of alternatives comparison is this. No idea why Motorola Droid Mini not mentioned since it's also in the compact phones class and having the same screen it's noticably more compact and light, not-bad camera, not-bad hardware, lower price tag.
15. boosook (Posts: 1090; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yes, the Droid Mini is not bad at all... better than both the S4 Mini and the One Mini. Unfortunately, it's available only in the US!
2. jellmoo (Posts: 704; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I... It's just... You see... Huh?
This is a random list of devices as far as I can tell. For the life of me I can't figure out why the Moto X, with almost identical dimensions to the Z1 Compact, is not on this list.
3. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Because the Moto X is better than all of those devices and it would be "alternative" not alternatives.I mean those other ones are all massively inferior tech wise.
5. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
MotoX is just programmed on a "performance state idle Cpu" every Android device is executed on "ondemand Cpu" but on Motos X, it idels on performance and pegasus state, where the Cpu hits 100% in milliseconds and drops down to ondemand. Where as normal every other Android device is set to just run on "ondemand mode" the option is viable with SetCpu by Rooting and Custom Roms.
9. jellmoo (Posts: 704; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Dude, I have the Moto X and I really like my Moto X, but to call the other devices on the list inferior tech wise is just silly. Different targets, different goals and different innovations.
4. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
there is no alternative to this beast, nothing can touch it. nothing can touch it with a 100ft pole
6. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
PhoneArena is this phone any faster and zippy than the every other S800 devices. Cause it's not pushing a 1080P screen and less pixels...
8. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
a bit but barely noticeable even my dual core phone is fast and snappy so this should be be just fine
17. imMature (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
You never used a Snapdragon 800 on a 720p device right? I'm sure there will be differences here and there.. Even the N4 has a noticeable difference when compare to the N5..
7. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
TYPO on number 7 "its not BAD at all" not bat at all
11. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 158; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
"which isn't bad at all" =/= "with isn't bat at all".
10. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
So what this article really says is that -- If some one, for no particular reason, hates the Z1 compact (there's really no reason actually) then please go buy these other "alternatives" which are nothing like the Z1 compact at all--
the 5S may come close but there are so many thing differentiating these two that it's just not an alternative.
Also, 1) nobody would hate the Triluminous display because it's very good.
2) it's gonna be cheaper than the Z1 which is how it's price has to be compared and not with the other "minis"
3)The glass is not fragile AT ALL.
It's like you guys are trying really hard to bash the Z1 compact :D I mean you say it costs too much but then suggest to buy the 5S which is actually a lot more costly than this phone. So to conclude, all in all this is a bulls#$% article.
19. superkuiken (Posts: 51; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
Of course they are, It is an iPhone 5s killer, their favorite phone.
12. jvardon (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
I feel like the Xiaomi MI-2S should have been on this list, just saying.
16. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Samsung's "mini" attempts are pretty sad compared to this.
18. jvardon (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Or maybe the Meizu MX2, that would have fit well on this list.
20. alexvv (Posts: 101; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
it hasn't even come out and yet there's already a list of alternatives, maybe because it's a direct rival to your beloved 5s?? phonearena please you're such a good site! don't waste your knowledge/opinion on fanboyism!