Best Nexus 5 cases and covers
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2013, 09:12 posted on
Case manufacturers didn't wait for the official Nexus 5 announcement to pull the trigger on their tailored cases and covers, inducing hilariously snarky comments over at the Amazon review crowd. Now that the handset is in the shops, with one of the best value-for-money propositions in the Android world, we are rounding up some of the most notable cases and covers for its protection, aesthetics, handling enhancement or plain old showing off. Take a peak at what's currently on the market for your Nexus 5 in the slideshow...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. poolpog (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
awful. i actually signed up for a phonearena site account just so i could agree with you
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Ive got SPIGEN armor (Image #3) champagne gold for my nexus 5.
3. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
There is another good one. Spigen Ultra Hybrid i think. its really good
16. vincelongman (Posts: 2217; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I can't decide between the Rearth Nexus 5 Ringke Fusion and Spigen Ultra Hybrid
19. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
same here. I think i will go with the Spigen one cuz it looks much better. It also gives a Screen protector and 2 back cover pics for free. And both of them costs the same
4. PootisMan (Posts: 217; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Um...your forgetting one of the best case manufacturers which is Diztronic. Right know I am using a Diztronic matte black tpu case for my Nexus 5 and it's an awesome case.
5. PootisMan (Posts: 217; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Here's a link to the case:http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46_99
8. puckhead (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I have the Cruzalite case with the android pic on the back. Its a fantastic case for the price
10. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I already have 2 spigen cases and one cruzerlite. I'll still test the official bumper and the new wireless charger before I stick to one case though.
11. Doakie (Posts: 1466; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wow that's a lot of cases, after getting an official bumper what are you into cases about $80? Not giving you crap; I'm just curious.
17. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
He probably gets bored fast of his phone's exterior look (like my girlfriend - geez), or he buys a lot and then returns the ones he didn't like, which seems to be the most obvious to me.
18. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I spend a lot of money on mobile products. Too much actually. But in this case I will return or sell the ones I don't like.
25. vatsal93 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Nov 2013)
do the spigen cases come with screen protectors??
20. jasonsiva (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
I went for a sonivo fusion case from amazon! Cheaper and they actually have stock unlike a lot of the spiegen ones. Slim, protective and shows of the back of the nexus 5. Can't complain.
22. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Those Cruzerlite cases look incredibly tacky...
23. donnaevans (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
cases are just to bulky..I'd much rather protect my screen and get a GEARMAXX screen protector which sells on ebay for cheap but they're high quality and durable!
24. cmykevin (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
Is there anyone producing colored housings for this? I was looking forward to a moto maker type experience on Google phones going forward but that's not the case. If a 3rd party made colored battery covers I'd jump on the Nexus 5 asap.
27. Sallarmoth (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Ordered the brown leather woolnut nexus 5 cover. Hoping it is as slim as it looks. I'll post once I get it. link: woolnutcovers.com/products/nexus-5
28. sandman (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
The BEST one isn't even on here. RipperCase Nexus 5 accessory pack on amazon all the way...