Best Buy is launching its own wireless broadband service - Best Buy Connect?
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2010, 17:52 posted on
Being dubbed as Best Buy Connect, the service would be provided by Best Buy and offer customers a total of 7 different plan options to fit the specific needs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Data plan $60 for 5GB per month it is a Bad Buy Connect, I stick with TMOBILE unlimited data plan $30/month.
2. jskrenes (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Not terribly revolutionary. I'd like to see a 2 GB plan for $39.99/mo. That might shake things up a bit.
3. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I'm guessing this will run over the Sprint / Clear WiMax before long...
8. pattypatterson (Posts: 48; Member since: 28 May 2010)
there was some speculation awhile back that sprint had a deal with walmart to put 4g towers on top of their buildings which makes me wonder if possibly sprint is allowing best buy to roam off their network in exchange for these towers to be built on all of their locations
4. rwolf1984 (Posts: 518; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
ridiculous. shame on sprint and best buy...
5. theman414 (Posts: 130; Member since: 08 Jun 2009)
This could get intersting if Bestbuy jumps into wireless.. Competition is always good for the consumer!
6. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
competition is great. this isnt competition. this is running off sprints network with sprints plan. its a fake option really. its just selling sprint service under best buy's name. not that there's really anything wrong with that, but it does nothing for competition.
7. NemesisDesignz (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
well if Best Buy ends up running on Sprint/Clearwire there will also be competition with Comcast... as Comcast is rolling out HighSpeed2Go using Sprint/Clearwire 3G/4G bundled with home internet...