Best Buy does a 180 degree change, will sell HP TouchPad in U.S. stores at fire sale prices
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Aug 2011, 22:33
After first telling everyone that it would ship unsold HP TouchPads from its U.S. stores back to HP, Best Buy has changed its mind and Saturday night announced that it was joining those selling the webOS flavored tablet at HP's directed sale price of $99.99 for a 16GB TouchPad and $149.99 for a 32GB model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Charlie (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:03 0 0
too late, already sold out... orders taken online and marked for pick up in store... so, nothing left to buy at the stores now
48. xenover posted on 22 Aug 2011, 03:37 0 0
AVAILABLE AT BARNES AND NOBLE FOR 100$
SPREAD THE WORD.
54. biscutbob posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:21 0 0
It doesnt make sence that B&N would carry a different tablet other than the nook.. do they really have an Hp touchpad?
2. exo2u (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:09 0 0
where do you get that from? i think its said sold out all day today if im not mistaken, hopefully its just saying that if you want one your probably gonna have to personally go in to try and pick one up tomorrow....hopefully
10. Charlie (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 00:04 0 0
I ordered mine off the website at around 8:45-9:00 pm on saturday evening, and marked it for in store pick up... already got email confirmation that its ready for pick up tomorrow morning when the store opens... since than the website has been saying SOLD OUT!... thats where i get that from...
my brother in law was able to order one as well before best buy sold out of em...
sorry guys, unless best buy made by putting it up for sale early and noticed it and took it down to put it back up sunday morning, the HP TouchPad is gona from best buy... keep looking!
42. remixfa posted on 21 Aug 2011, 18:48 0 0
it might have said sold out because they were originally going to stop selling them. I know most retailers near me say they are sold out of them already. Dont know if its from a low stock to begin with or people really are going nuts since its 100 bux.
3. Kyle (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:15 1 0
Best Buy you are stupid. Why on earth would you not sell the touchpad out when HP themselves are selling out their inventory!?
4. Whateverr (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:19 0 0
This is a disaster!
5. eLmo82 (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:30 0 0
I got the same brick wall all day today. Hopefully since this was posted after the local Best Buy closed their is hope I may get one when they open tomorrow morning at 11a.m.
7. exo2u (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:32 0 0
me too man, good luck, ill be doing the same tomorrow
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:30 1 0
so happy I got mine yesterday from Wal-Mart. Its a great tablet especially for only 100 dollars.
22. PeterIfromsweden posted on 21 Aug 2011, 05:20 1 1
How does it work ?
Is it a good tablet ?
49. protozeloz posted on 22 Aug 2011, 06:21 0 0
They said it didn't had much to stand out for :/ many are actually buying it to put honeycomb on it
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:46 0 0
well i'll try again tomorrow i guess. hope i get there in time. o:
9. downphoenix posted on 20 Aug 2011, 23:55 0 0
wow best buy ditched it quick. They dont even have it on their website anymore. No listing saying out of stock, its just completely gone. A search for "touchpad" only links to a screen protector for the device.
Well looks like Im out of luck on this. HP's website that has you notified when they have more in stock is broken, probably got flooded with requests. Checked everywhere else I could imagine that I could shop Online or go brick and mortar and they either say they are out of stock or they have removed the listing completely, though Officemax was strange as they removed it from the standard tablet listings but not the search results.
11. veritech (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 00:18 0 0
Hey does anyone know if Costco will do this too? They had a lot in a store when i was there but they still had it at full price.
12. matistight posted on 21 Aug 2011, 00:36 0 0
Stupid Best Buy Mobile (in the mall) told me that they are sending them back for a "recall"....really? liars
46. come on (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 23:45 0 0
Read the article you're commenting on more closely, and you'll see that best buy intended to send them back, then changed their minds.
37. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Aug 2011, 15:56 2 0
miz please change your display pic so this obvious case of distraction doesn't happen again. I just can't focus when I see hot sweaty oiled up men. Glad we share common interest ;] hahaha
15. osanilevich posted on 21 Aug 2011, 01:41 0 0
unless HP will continue to support webOS after discontinuation, there is no point of purchasing a touchad (or any webOS device for that matter)
17. The_Miz posted on 21 Aug 2011, 03:33 2 2
At $100, it's a steal and better than anything with Android on it.
38. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Aug 2011, 15:59 2 0
and with all that money you saved you can buy all the miz posters you want. Just need some hand lotion now ;]
18. OpTiKaWn (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 03:50 0 0
If u read on the main phone arena page one of the eariler posts says they will continue to support it. and i actuly found a place that has them even cheaper and i think there is some places in my area i can go and get them and have them price match the cheaper place. The cheaper price is only 49.99 for the 16 gig, witch is less than a ps3 game hahahaha i should buy them all.
19. SBRSuperstar225 posted on 21 Aug 2011, 04:22 0 0
Go to google and use google shopping to locate stock in your area.
23. Hal (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 06:35 0 0
It worked! 7:15a and just reserved and picking up from my local store! Had to buy one of each and wife did same to get four units.
25. hallcp (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 07:11 0 0
Its live on best buy now both models got they 32 gb for about 165 that's with shipping.
26. Maurice (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 07:14 0 0
I just ordered 1 of each from the BBUY online store for local instore pickup. Apparently eveyone that went to the website earlier went when they were still not listing them again.
They are listed on the site now but you better hurry if you want one. I have the Ipad2 but will use the HP as Christmas Gifts.
27. justorderedtwo (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 07:55 0 0
Just ordered one of each (16 &32) on Best Buy's Website. Hurry.
29. exo2u (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 07:59 0 0
i checked 20 min ago (and now), been sold out bud
28. exo2u (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 07:57 0 0
Order could only be delivered, waiting for it to processed now! best buy already sold out "again" so better luck next time folks
30. hallcp (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 08:09 0 0
I hope this thing sees future support im excited my XOOM needed a cheap buddy
31. elmo82 (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 09:33 0 0
Standing in line at Best Buy right now... Waiting for them to open. =0)
32. WhatevermanIsAFruitcake posted on 21 Aug 2011, 10:15 0 0
Yea, SCREW YOU BEST BUY!!!
Went into the store yesterday to pick some up and they told me they sent them back already. Went in this morning and if you werent there an hour before hand, you dont get a ticket and you dont get a Touchpad. Bastards!
33. dangelatorr posted on 21 Aug 2011, 11:19 0 0
hp website still have 32gb touchpad available as up right now if any of you want it and it ship by aug 26th including free shipping charged. I ordered my last night from small business section. sold out consumer
34. Jordan D. (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 11:42 0 0
Just went to best buy an hour before they open and also said that all inventory had been purchased online for in store pickup
35. HATEBESTBUY (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 12:11 0 0
f**k you BEST Buy my ass went to the store today after waiting online for them to open those bastards wait for everyone to come in then say oh we're SOLD OUT WTF f**king liars.!!!
36. IEatApples posted on 21 Aug 2011, 13:28 0 0
You can probably buy one on ebay for 150 in a day or two. Sold out on hp.com and everywhere else.
39. Ilya (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 16:32 2 0
41. IEatApples posted on 21 Aug 2011, 17:50 1 0
Just ordered from there too, I hope I dont get an email tmrw saying they were sold out and will refund my money. what do you think? legit or no?
40. OpTiKaWn (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2011, 16:39 0 0
STAPLES had the 16 GB one for only 49 bucks for those of u who wanted to know. but im in pittsburgh and did a search within 50 miles as of like 12 this afternoon and every best buy,office max,office depot,staples,k mart,wal mart are all out. thats a lot of numbers i called was on the phone till 5pm hahaha. so only place u will be able to get one will be off of someone else or if ur lucky some companies that were closed this whole weekend will have them monday morning when they open back up. just a though..... or some secret places my have some random ones or get returns. i already found a few returns but they were broken they said but some may not be and person might just say that to return it so u never know...... i have a secret tip on some gona go check it out and maby just maby they will have em if they do ill let every one know...
51. krysis posted on 22 Aug 2011, 07:51 0 0
ordered my touchpad from best buys website yesterday, wondering how long it'll be til they ship it. anyone get any shipipng information on it yet?
52. iliketech2 (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2011, 09:53 0 0
Yea BestBuy in Raleigh are sold out.
and when you call store the first recorded thing is HP tp is sold out no more in store...
55. graceR12 posted on 03 Oct 2011, 03:04 0 0
Best Buy is the largest consumer electronics retailer in the world. As the winter season approaches, Best Buy plans to boost its online presence. The technology company also plans to reduce short-term hiring by half. Those out of work and dreaming about some short-term relief will have to look elsewhere. Meanwhile, the merchant is spending unheard of quantity on its lobbying efforts. Best Buy spends more and hires fewer as the holiday season approaches. This is the company's way of combating its revenue losses.