Best Buy customer orders one Apple iPad, receives a box of five, and is told to keep them all
0. phoneArena 08 Dec 2012, 23:28 posted on
Alexa ordered an Apple iPad for her boyfriend through Best Buy, but the electronics retailer screwed up and sent her a box containing five tablets instead; she tried to get in touch with Best Buy to return the extra slates, but ended up rewarded for her honesty...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
You are just another imbecile who hates best buy, or either u hate them for selling you a dummy iPad.
Santa knows you are naughty...my boy,...
45. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, Best Buy is not all that great - I had an extended warranty deal for a blu-ray player and three times I had to take it back - I was told I had to call and that was a hassle, as I was giving the run around constantly on how to get it fixed - one call to BBB and I received a free blu-ray player
8. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
DAMN!! Someone has been blessed!!...Do you wanna share??
9. angelesmec (unregistered)
She could sell all 5 of them and buy something cheaper but more powerful tablet for her bf and keep the huge amount of remaining cash.
10. kirholstov (Posts: 145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Alexa, I'm here!!! :D I think if it's in the news, bestbuy won't stay in minus
56. Slammer (Posts: 1515; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Well, it may or may not be. But it sure does sound suspicious. To actually have news about this generates three things.
1) Why does it appear to be only iPads?
2) People will purchase an iPad in hopes of receiving the same mistake.
3) I find it inconceivable that Best Buy would ignore this person's letter and not respond to an obviously costly mistake.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 21697; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man I wish I could b that lucky, keep 2 sell 3, pocket some cash.
46. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, at least sell 3 - then, you could afford a Nexus 10, a Nexus 4, and have plenty of cash on hand.
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 21697; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope don't need a nexus 10, or 4, I know they're great devices,but I have an iPad 3, iPhone 5, and an Htc one x. All of them r top notch devices too. So as I said I'd sell 3 keep two for me and my son and pocket the cash.
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"Especially since the very same thing happened a few days ago to someone named Nick. Nick ordered one iPad and received a whole box of five tablets."
you don't say?
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
Best Buy told Alexa to keep the extra tablets and give them away to people in need, a charity, a local school, her favorite PhoneArena editor or friends and family.
Did you see the deleted words? :)
19. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lol yea it was pretty funny
22. mydi.maus (unregistered)
i should start ordering from Best buy,.: )
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea after awhile it would feel like playing the lottery!
30. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Such "fails" are aimed exactly on that kind of human reaction. High tech advertisement.
50. Commentator (Posts: 3704; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yeah, nobody's actually being serious here buddy.
23. semipro1337 (Posts: 88; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
If it were me I would sell all 5 of them, and buy five tablets that don't suck harder than my Kirby vacuum, give four of those away and still have about $500 left over.... But that's just me, one smart summabitch.
27. anshul0000 (unregistered)
her favorite PhoneArena editor....lol
31. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
ipads are selling bad, and the only way to remove them from the shelves is to get rid of them for free. Mistaker even do not take them back, funny. Is ipad so sh..t?
33. ropucha (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
She better be ready for a nasty surprise in April from IRS-this "gift" is taxable.
39. papss (unregistered)
I'm by no means a apple guy.. Frankly I hate them but the iPad overall is the best "tablet" on the market.. Has a great selection of games, it functions very well and has the larger instal base which tells me that it will continue to be supported for many years to come.. Is it WAY overpriced? Absolutely... Over hyped? Absolutely...
52. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Fandroids don't care about having a great selection of games and other apps. They only care about putting widgets on their homescreen.
62. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple fans users don't care of, for anything, they just wanna flaunt with there iPhone! " look I'm cool, I've got a iPhone"
40. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
With word getting out that people could receive more iPads than they ordered, consumers will be flocking to BestBuy.com for a chance to score big. It wasn't a mistake. It was a planned sales tactic in order to gain more business. Brilliant!
47. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Nice story - phonearena, but you guys are behind other news sources who already broke this story 24-48 hrs ago.