Best Buy customer orders one Apple iPad, receives a box of five, and is told to keep them all
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:28
Alexa ordered an Apple iPad for her boyfriend through Best Buy, but the electronics retailer screwed up and sent her a box containing five tablets instead; she tried to get in touch with Best Buy to return the extra slates, but ended up rewarded for her honesty...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:33 20
Why god!!! Why I'm not the chosen one!!!
36. ECPirate37 posted on 09 Dec 2012, 08:59 12
why would anyone thumbs down a Merry Christmas to best buy?
37. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:01 9
Looks like your new here?
49. Nadr1212 posted on 09 Dec 2012, 11:27 2
I hate it when people that aren't me, get extra stuff without even paying 4 the extras
But I'm Happy that he'll not get to em :P
17. Mxyzptlk posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:04 14
Wow that was very generous of Best Buy. 5 of the best tablets on the market is sure to brighten someone's christmas day.
34. blingblingthing posted on 09 Dec 2012, 08:14 13
The article clearly said she got iPads. How did she get the best tablets.
35. Ruckus posted on 09 Dec 2012, 08:35 2
Id put the iPad in the top 3. Just imagine the resale value..
59. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2012, 18:29 6
oh come on guys, who cares who hates what product and all! I may not be a fan of iPads and iPhones but if i received 5 and paid for only one then id be one happy person!
63. downphoenix posted on 10 Dec 2012, 18:42 0
He said "of the best". Even Android fanboys should acknowledge that yes, Ipad is one of the best. Whether its the best or not is debatable, but among the best should be more than true.
41. arqjav posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:46 8
That's not true, all she got where ipads.... Not the best tablets, a box with Nexus 10's that's the real deal.
42. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:37 5
Mxy, you need to learn how to comprehend - the article did not discuss Nexus 10 tablets.
58. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Dec 2012, 17:35 3
I'd say the best tablets are;
2.) Nexus 10
And the Note 10.1 as honorable mention. Silly Mxy
51. -box- posted on 09 Dec 2012, 12:03 2
Hmm, I wonder if they'll do this for good products... Wouldn't mind a box full box of Alienware laptops or Asus TaiChis, or a wall-full of TVs, haha.
2. networkdood posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:33 10
She could sell 4 of them, or three of them, on Ebay. With the money buy a Nexus 10...and have money to spare.
I am not sure if 'needy' people's needs/priorities include getting some sort of tablet. Maybe the local school could use them.
43. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:38 5
Give it to charity? Like GOODWILL? Why would someone who needs the basics need a tablet? Now, you could sell it on an auction site and give the proceeds to a charity - that would be better.
48. wendygarett posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:49 1
Either ways, it still consider charity right?? I don't mind they use anyway to charity tho, sell or direct give, or even recycle lol... As long as they do the right things to this world :)
44. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:39 0
ok, then sell all 4 - both are good tablets - one just likes to rip you off..or, one of the tablets could be used for buying an itunes or google play card.
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:25 3
in a 3 year old kids voice with his right hand out and left hand by his side
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 09 Dec 2012, 04:34 4
nothin........jus visualized a kid saying "gimme some" lol
29. wendygarett posted on 09 Dec 2012, 04:45 0
Lmao nice one...
I think he don't get what you mean as well :p
6. kabhijeet.16 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:37 2
LAME...& Fake Advertisement..... bestbuy is now trying to survive by publicizing in this manner...C'mon ppl...
16. Sniggly posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:02 2
Right. Because you know so much about how a corporation works.
21. Raymond_htc posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:34 0
You are just another imbecile who hates best buy, or either u hate them for selling you a dummy iPad.
Santa knows you are naughty...my boy,...
45. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:40 1
Well, Best Buy is not all that great - I had an extended warranty deal for a blu-ray player and three times I had to take it back - I was told I had to call and that was a hassle, as I was giving the run around constantly on how to get it fixed - one call to BBB and I received a free blu-ray player
8. Leon101 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:37 1
DAMN!! Someone has been blessed!!...Do you wanna share??
9. angelesmec posted on 08 Dec 2012, 23:54 0
She could sell all 5 of them and buy something cheaper but more powerful tablet for her bf and keep the huge amount of remaining cash.
10. kirholstov posted on 09 Dec 2012, 00:10 0
Alexa, I'm here!!! :D I think if it's in the news, bestbuy won't stay in minus
56. Slammer posted on 09 Dec 2012, 14:38 0
Well, it may or may not be. But it sure does sound suspicious. To actually have news about this generates three things.
1) Why does it appear to be only iPads?
2) People will purchase an iPad in hopes of receiving the same mistake.
3) I find it inconceivable that Best Buy would ignore this person's letter and not respond to an obviously costly mistake.
13. darkkjedii posted on 09 Dec 2012, 00:27 5
Man I wish I could b that lucky, keep 2 sell 3, pocket some cash.
46. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:41 1
Yep, at least sell 3 - then, you could afford a Nexus 10, a Nexus 4, and have plenty of cash on hand.
55. darkkjedii posted on 09 Dec 2012, 14:08 2
Nope don't need a nexus 10, or 4, I know they're great devices,but I have an iPad 3, iPhone 5, and an Htc one x. All of them r top notch devices too. So as I said I'd sell 3 keep two for me and my son and pocket the cash.
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 09 Dec 2012, 00:59 1
"Especially since the very same thing happened a few days ago to someone named Nick. Nick ordered one iPad and received a whole box of five tablets."
you don't say?
18. wendygarett posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:04 0
Best Buy told Alexa to keep the extra tablets and give them away to people in need, a charity, a local school, her favorite PhoneArena editor or friends and family.
Did you see the deleted words? :)
22. mydi.maus (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2012, 01:51 2
i should start ordering from Best buy,.: )
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 09 Dec 2012, 02:15 2
yea after awhile it would feel like playing the lottery!
30. neurobiologist posted on 09 Dec 2012, 04:49 2
Such "fails" are aimed exactly on that kind of human reaction. High tech advertisement.
50. Commentator posted on 09 Dec 2012, 11:43 0
Yeah, nobody's actually being serious here buddy.
23. semipro1337 posted on 09 Dec 2012, 02:02 5
If it were me I would sell all 5 of them, and buy five tablets that don't suck harder than my Kirby vacuum, give four of those away and still have about $500 left over.... But that's just me, one smart summabitch.
27. anshul0000 (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2012, 04:18 1
her favorite PhoneArena editor....lol
31. neurobiologist posted on 09 Dec 2012, 05:15 4
ipads are selling bad, and the only way to remove them from the shelves is to get rid of them for free. Mistaker even do not take them back, funny. Is ipad so sh..t?
33. ropucha posted on 09 Dec 2012, 07:41 3
She better be ready for a nasty surprise in April from IRS-this "gift" is taxable.
39. papss posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:39 3
I'm by no means a apple guy.. Frankly I hate them but the iPad overall is the best "tablet" on the market.. Has a great selection of games, it functions very well and has the larger instal base which tells me that it will continue to be supported for many years to come.. Is it WAY overpriced? Absolutely... Over hyped? Absolutely...
52. Xquisite posted on 09 Dec 2012, 13:08 3
Fandroids don't care about having a great selection of games and other apps. They only care about putting widgets on their homescreen.
62. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Dec 2012, 20:57 1
Apple fans users don't care of, for anything, they just wanna flaunt with there iPhone! " look I'm cool, I've got a iPhone"
40. JewBakaUCFG posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:41 1
With word getting out that people could receive more iPads than they ordered, consumers will be flocking to BestBuy.com for a chance to score big. It wasn't a mistake. It was a planned sales tactic in order to gain more business. Brilliant!
47. networkdood posted on 09 Dec 2012, 10:42 0
Nice story - phonearena, but you guys are behind other news sources who already broke this story 24-48 hrs ago.