Best Buy considering posting competitor’s prices in store
1. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
They won't want to display Wal-mart phone prices. Even at another re-seller like Best Buy, the prices are usually about $30 more. Displaying corperate store and their online prices would be a good addition though.
3. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Example: RAZR MAXX Verizon Price: $299.00; Best Buy $299.00; Walmart $199.00.
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
That is why you ask them to price match, and they will.
13. 14545 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Meh, then you still have to pay taxes. Net loss for me compared to Amazon and whoever.
14. cthunder (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Amen! I live in S. Cali and got the Droid 4 for $99 from Amazon. When Verizon had it for sale at $99 I not only had to pay taxes. But I had to pay taxes on the full price of the phone. Thank god there is Amazon :)
16. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Corporate stores will not price match. Trust me, I work at a Walmart connection center. We will match any STORE (no online) with a physical ad.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Our DROID RAZR price for 2y contract @ our connect center is 89.99$ 2yr contract.
7. miguel6632 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2012)
have u heard of price match or r u just lost in the red?
4. clevelandiskindacool (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
As long as they start matching prices of online retailers such as amazon.com I think it comes down to not paying state taxes and waiting a few days vs. having the product now
5. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
yeah if you can find free shipping, otherwise i dont think the shipping cost is a big difference from the tax
8. xtroid2k (Posts: 513; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I think this is a good strategy. This feeds of American need for instant gratification. If you are going to shop and then go out of your way to save $30 then I could see this working however for wider margins I can't see them price matching a $100 difference. Best buy needs to find ways to show value and convince people that there is a reason for paying a more premium price. Such as a free accidental damage protection or bundle package. So yeah in the end I will always shop amazon and in my personal opinion there days are numbered
9. bubbadoes (Posts: 807; Member since: 03 May 2012)
really no benefit. Amazon price check app usally does a good job finding the best price in store or the web orwww.salescircular.com
10. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Also post the hours spent in a corporate store or on the phone fixing the account set up errors Best Buy or any third party cause.
12. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
F*** Best Buy!!!! Let em rot...
Circuit City (RIP) FTW
15. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I don't go to best buy because the last time I was there, I was going to buy a tablet and everyone in the mobile department looked at me and then went back to spinning in their chairs and talking to each other. Maybe sales are down because their workers are incompetent, not because of prices.