Best Buy claims BlackBerry PlayBook sales have far exceeded its expectations
0. phoneArena 02 May 2011, 11:11 posted on
It's not very often that we hear something explicitly positive of RIM's PlayBook, but here comes a good news at last...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Makes me wonder ... how high were they expectations?
5. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Hahaha! No kidding! But to be honest, we have seen a lot of Playbooks moving through Outlets like Best Buy...
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Thats great then, lets hope the return rate is not hight
7. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Ah, you bring a great point. Higher than you might think. I bought one (though I said I wouldn't until email and BBM was added) and I returned mine for that reason... a little undercooked. I am a Rep, and on Saturday I saw a lot sell, but three returned as well...
9. cheetah2k (Posts: 837; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
And BBM has just been added.... Gotta love just how patient people are.
I wonder how many iPhone 2G's were returned when people realised they couldn't MMS or customise the wallpaper....
10. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Email? Also, I'd prefer a carrier version.
8. cheetah2k (Posts: 837; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
There are loads of them being shipped to Australia viawww.gsmnation.com and also USunlocked.com
I think you'll all be shocked as to just how popular this 7"er really is!
2. AppleFUD (unregistered)
RIM sold over 40M handsets last year. Clearly they have some loyal customers still.
Personally I think they've done a good job thus far with the PlayBook OS. If they can continue on the same path and add developers with good apps it will be a major tablet.
4. snowgator (Posts: 3237; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Happy for RIM. The Playbook is the basis for their OS7, future phones, and App development. I hope it is a great success, and Blackberry can reclaim some of it's lost market. A strong Blackberry line up only helps in the mobile market.
11. LionStone (Posts: 452; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yea its great that BB is showing signs of life again, and by having a 4G device come out by the end of year is gonna be huge to stay in the game it has slowly been seen getting edged out of.
12. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
the Playbook looks like a nice device and the new software is definitely a nice refresh to what Blackberry has offered previously, plus the fact that there is support for Android apps makes this a heavy competitor. the only thing I'm not crazy about is the size of it...7" is too small for me.
13. FranzJoseph (unregistered)
I am planning on picking this up in the next few days. So excited!