Best Buy and AT&T price the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X; pre-orders accepted
While the pre-orders have started now, there is no precise shipping date for either phone. Best Buy's website merely states that they will ship when available. Both manufacturers also have a mid-range model that has yet to price. The Nokia Lumia 820 and the HTC Windows Phone 8S should both turn up soon on Best Buy's site.
source: BestBuy via WPCentral
Best Buy and AT&T have priced both the HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 920 and pre-orders are being accepted
1. zeMOo posted on 21 Oct 2012, 13:29 0 2
What will be the price of Nokia Lumia 920 SIM free in USA ??
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Oct 2012, 13:37 13 2
wow so nokia listened after all! 600 off contract? That will help them make serious sales compared to the 800 before
49. LostInTheRed posted on 22 Oct 2012, 08:23 0 0
Wal-mart is going to have the Nokia 920 priced at $99.88. I'm actually excited to see what these phones hold in store.
4. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 13:46 2 43
Damn those phones are ugly! It's the UI that makes them so ugly. Different is not innovation, this different is ugly.
6. nd_arn posted on 21 Oct 2012, 13:55 22 2
you are sadismic . the 920 is prettiest phone in the world
11. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 14:44 1 17
LOL! A ripped UI for AOL's website in 1996 is not pretty. It's quite ugly. WP8 will be the next Zune HD. A joke!
12. VebbX posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:01 2 0
But now it's toutch...
15. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:31 3 10
That's what I'm talking about. It was ugly back in 1996 and it's still ugly in 2012. And they call this innovation. SMH... I'l be sticking with Windows 7 and my Android phone thank you.
20. Naitto posted on 21 Oct 2012, 16:21 5 1
You mean go back to waiting for your Andriod updates that never happen.
27. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:38 2 10
Go back and enjoy ur halfbaked os, along with no Devs support nor custom roms nor overclocking nor jailbreaks. Unlike ios have Cydia for tweaks. Also 7years and its not going nowhere.
29. wp8forever (unregistered) posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:54 4 0
troll I know you gonna feel really bad once all you see is tiles everywhere u go , at work , at home , everysingle store pretty much every where there a computer lol I guess u gonna stay home with your full baked crome os or your MacBook lol those are really full baked , o I forgot xbox add that as well lol haterrrrr haterrrrrr .
31. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:10 1 9
No no no no way it cant and wont be true, o my. No please. It has to be an big epic fail seeing people having and carrying those big huge hideous tiles. Everywhere i go i see S2 S3 ip4 ip5, but very few nokia Lumia. Wp8forever i hope wish wpfornever.®©
21. Ueliton posted on 21 Oct 2012, 17:11 6 2
I can´t stop thumbing you down!!!
25. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:29 1 9
Me 2, i cant stop thumbibg you down 2.®©
33. Ueliton posted on 21 Oct 2012, 20:37 5 0
I was thumbing down Pings, but now that you showed up, take it!!! *thumbing TROLL down*
45. haseebzahid posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:10 1 1
i think u got the reward of most thumb downs received in one week and still u dont get the point
34. smartphone posted on 21 Oct 2012, 21:48 2 0
IOS is an app drawer and looks like a windows desktop with shortcuts.
Android is a ripoff of windows mobile UI and notifications improved upon maemo.
Bada is a ripoff of android.
Everything is inspired by something in the past and this the way whole system works, there is nothing wrong in it.
26. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:34 0 11
And those big ugly horriable tiles. And everything is all over the place jumbled.®©
30. wp8forever (unregistered) posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:00 5 0
TROLL If u cant defeat your enemy , join them is the solution lol is call TILES REVOLUTION the world is gonna get tiles everywhere whether they like it or not simple as the that , and since , WE ALL LOVE WINDOWS we all be happy hater like you suck a bad of di.....lol long live W8 ,WP8 , XBOX, OUTLOOK .
32. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:56 0 7
Lmfao stop dreaming to much wp8forever.
So in short buy a w8 phone and get screwed. Since MS is desperately trying to invent ways to lock in their existing customers befor they loose them, we might aswell let them. They will surely win kinda anyway, "resistance is futile" who am i to dream of a technology world where there is diversity and choice made possible by working interoperability standarda®©
36. JamesHunt posted on 21 Oct 2012, 22:52 2 0
you are living upto your name "Epic Troll". Metro ui is the best ui , because its slicker, smooth, fonts are great and very lively. If you have used any wp device, u should know that tiles are just the tip of iceberg. The whole modern UI (metro) is a lot more friendly and intuitive, with its swipe like gestures. but you will not acknowledge this fact ,because wp is not your cup of tea. As 'Pings' pointed out the whole AOL thing, do you realise that android is just a ripoff of maemo ? Symbian had such icon based interface decades ago.Your points are as irrelevent as hell.
46. haseebzahid posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:15 1 1
i agree on you android is copy of everything that ever got famous nothing more than that i bet if windows phone gets famous android 5.0 will have tiles too most probably that's what they do COPIES. and at-lest MS never copies anyone
47. haseebzahid posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:18 1 1
thats exactly what people said when mouse was first invented by MS no one said its ever gonna work for computers now everyone use it and cant use computer at all if they dont use it :P if u disagree on mouse die painfully by killing your own mouse
7. toiletcleaner posted on 21 Oct 2012, 14:02 4 14
is look like you have a iphone. same ugly UI. but Windows looks like it will let u at least change the widget order.
10. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 14:43 4 10
I'm running a custom rom on Android. Real innovation something you'all wouldn't know about it. Yeah you can change the widget order, but it's an ugly widget at that.
39. JamesHunt posted on 21 Oct 2012, 23:37 3 0
Do you call that innovation ? We symbian users had been accustomed to custom roms many years ago..
16. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:37 1 10
One more thing about that. I don't like Apple or iOS for many reasons, but iOS is simple looking and beautiful. WP7/8 is simple looking and ugly. Sorry man. Simple looking and beautiful (iOS) > Simple looking and ugly (WP7/8).
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:58 3 2
LOL its not that ugly man i think you're exaggerating a bit here
38. Pings posted on 21 Oct 2012, 23:04 0 2
You're right. If WP7/8 was a chick she would rate around a 4 around other uglier chicks. Next to the 9's or 10's that is iOS and Android. WP looks like a 2 or 3.
40. JamesHunt posted on 21 Oct 2012, 23:39 0 0
Most of my android using friends have launcher 7 installed on their smartphones. And they are showing it off . What an irony...
42. Pings posted on 22 Oct 2012, 00:26 0 2
That's one of the cool things about Android.
44. JamesHunt posted on 22 Oct 2012, 01:25 0 0
i agree.. but its nowhere close to the wp experience... those fake live tiles just give it a half baked look...
50. haseebzahid posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:09 0 1
forget about coolness tell me about android productivity compared to full windows 6,7,8 or any thats will work on tablet. i bet u will start thinking what else is their even before counting the features that windows desktop OS gives even on a tablet and to the articles yes wp8 will have many cross features which is more then good for apps to grow rapidly... u hate UI well thats your problem if u dont like i can do nothing to make u like it
51. TROLL posted on 22 Oct 2012, 13:02 0 1
Yes you can, just migrate to Android™®©
22. OptimusOne posted on 21 Oct 2012, 17:13 2 1
well ios is simple. i agree with that.
and it is somewhat good looking.
but i prefer something even better looking(stock or sense) and ios is too simple for me.
if apple makes it a little more complex(widgets multiple homescreen file transfer w/usb flash, themes) etc then it would fill my needs
8. clevername posted on 21 Oct 2012, 14:06 8 1
Gettin it! And with best bits trade in system, this will be a great deal.
13. papss posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:03 6 1
Done! I'll use this as my primary and keep my android as the secondary.
17. dru4you posted on 21 Oct 2012, 15:55 6 1
Why does it say in the specifications that the phone has an '8.0' megapixel count?? ITS '8.7' for crying out loud! So many websites get this dam part Wrong...
19. M3ltron posted on 21 Oct 2012, 16:15 0 1
Finally! Now is the time to figure out if I want white or black...
23. jed27 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 17:34 4 1
HTC 8X might be the signature Windows phone but damn(!), I am so happy to see that all the love is given to Nokia Lumia 920!
28. TROLL posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:42 0 6
There is no big hype nor anything special that the world or public is waiting for.
W8 no ones intreastead. Kinda big Fail i say and believe.®©
48. haseebzahid posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:25 0 1
i know why u hate windows phone its cuz Nokia made windows phone now but no android and Nokia is the best at making top quality and technology camera anyone touch screen design... dont agree sjust go tay with android on shiny Samsung stuff
37. darkvadervip posted on 21 Oct 2012, 23:00 1 0
Stop complaining and just like what you like.