Best Buy Mobile to sell unlocked phones with contract
It is speculated that Best Buy's mobile division is ready to offer three Nokia phones at subsidized costs which are as follwos:
- E71 for $199.99 with a two year contract
- N96 for $599.99 with a two year contract
- N95 8GB for $349.99 with a two year contract
Keeping in mind that the E71, N96 and the N95 cost an average of $420, $800 and $550 respectively, these are good prices for such high end phones.
The only drawback is that these phones will be offered with a T-Mobile service agreement which limits the user to the EDGE network as the 3G frequencies are not supported.
The start date is rumored to be November 16th.
source TmoNews via IntoMobile
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
watch out best buy. with all the lawsuits over contracts and early termination fees, just be careful
4. (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2008, 12:55 0 0
I hate Best Buy and now that we have lost Circuit City, I'm left with online shopping. I hope they get in trouble!!!
2. (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2008, 10:37 0 0
Why offer it with T-Mobile if all the phones have the AT&T 3G bands? Maybe AT&T is actually planning on bringing the E71 and N96 to the US.
3. (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2008, 10:42 0 0
5. (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2008, 21:16 0 0
Exactly ATT is Crap so I really don't care if they never bring those phones to the US.
6. JC (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2008, 00:39 0 0
That's good... but why not offer them with AT&T since they use AT&T's 3G bands and not T-Mobile's?... That part I don't understand...
7. (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2008, 16:19 0 0
why would u pay tha much for a non 3g phone
8. (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2008, 19:55 0 0
The real question is will they offer Insurance on the phones. I would take full advantage of that.
9. (unregistered) posted on 15 Nov 2008, 14:57 0 0
Of course we will ;-)
12. ritu (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2010, 23:27 0 0
how much tmobile is charging for 2 years contract for nokia e55