Best Black Friday deals on smartphones, tablets and other electronics
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2013, 08:42 posted on
The shopping craziness of Black Friday kicks off on November 29th and some stores will open as early as the preceding evening…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Wonder how many people are going to get trampled this year....
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I work a 10 or 12 shift Thanksgiving night, so I'd expect chaos for 24 hours.
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It's sad how mindless and spoiled people in the USA have become to have such little compassion for their fellow citizens that they trample them to death over possessions. Or that stores are now starting to open on Thanksgiving, a holiday that should be one of the important to our country as a whole. Pretty soon there will be people working on Christmas. SMH
Not to mention the amount of fights that break out over it. It's absolutely mind blowing that people have forgotten the reason for the season, and very very sad at the same time.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Whenever I'm not working, I'm always spending time with my family. Honestly, I rather work Black Friday and get paid overtime. That's just me.
7. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I rather work and get paid 3xs on thanksgiving and see my family after then see them all day and get paid once
8. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
That's cool, I'd rather spend time with my family and or my family members spend time with me. Money can be replaced, time with your loved ones cannot be.
24. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
He's said he would rather work earlier and get paid 3x as much than working later. If you were anti family you would go work for 3x the pay then go buy a bucket of KFC.
39. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I work overnight and get off at 9am so while I sleep the food is being cooked. I wake up to just making 3 days worth of money in one day food and fam. I work every holiday and if it happens to be on one of my off days I will find a way to work. I see my family everyday when I get home so it really has no affect
11. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Here in Puerto Rico some people work on Xmas, but it's mainly fast-food restaurants. At least they open a bit later than usual (around 11ish) after people have spent the morning with their family. Still sucks, though.
I must confess that sometimes I am grateful that I can put my face in a double cheeseburger from McD's at 9p.m. during a big holiday like that.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Last time I was in PR was in 07' visiting family. I wanted to go for Christmas, but the tickets were over $400 like always.
26. johnbftl (Posts: 281; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Not everyone is Christian there buddy. Christmas isn't a national holiday, it's a religious holiday. As a Jew, I take offense to you assuming it is such a big deal that people would care to work on December 25th. You don't see me crying that all businesses should be shut down in accordance to my religious laws during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Go back and really remember things that are important to our country like "congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
31. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
And that is why the "Xmas" term came to existance.
40. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
And who said that Christmas is about any religion these days?? it is just about santa and buying, nothing else... lol
48. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
celebrating the mass genocide of native Americans lol
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just letting everyone know before the ad gets published, Sears is going to throw some pretty nice deals come Black Friday. You didn't hear it from me.
6. LindaC (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
unless they have very good deals on affordable care, nothing else is worth the time in line
9. mattz442 (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I think there is an error, you have the Acer Iconia 8" as $99, you have the windows 8 version pictured, but I believe it is the android version at that price.
12. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I believe it's correct since it already got a big price cut a few months ago. Probably trying to finally get rid of stock.
30. mattz442 (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
If you actually took the time to verify your theory before guessing you would see that I am right. This post is wrong, its $100 for the android version. Nice try pancho
33. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Well, apologies there, Mr. Internet Tough Guy. Good call then.
36. mattz442 (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Hey man, its all right. They didn't even fix it so apparently no one cares.
13. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Apple logic. They give you yesterday's "high-end" for an all-time "amazing" price. I'm not hating; just answering his question.
I believe it's just to further spoil children at an "affordable" price while still maintaining the logo on the back (you know, because kids these days can now differ between a Leapfrog tab and an iPad).
14. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Heres apples phone number, call and ask them =P 1-800-275-2273
20. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I agree. They should have went with the iPad 4 costing $400 and ditch the iPad 2. My only explanation is that they still have to support the iPad mini but $400 is too much. Hell, even $300 is too much for a tablet coming up on 3 years.
47. cezarepc (Posts: 716; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
fanboy detected... lol joke (just referring to your name man)
anyway yeah, I would love to have an iPad but I'm not willing to get one at the price Apple is selling them. Even their "sale" prices are too high for me.
16. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I normally work on Thursdays any my work is pretty inflexible. However, I am going to be off Thanksgiving in exchange for coming in to work from 11pm to midnight in support of the black friday launches. Yes, just 1 hour. They are pretty serious about black friday support.
17. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
bunch of crap deals so far.however the iphone 5c at wal mart is actually pretty good