Best Android phones to get this spring
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 09:48 posted on
Spring is in full bloom and as everything starts to get green and cheerful, you may look at your old phone and think it’s about time to bring change into your life...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
54. Aeires (unregistered)
N4 doesn't have a LG UI, it's pure Google.
35. Heretic (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
None of them. I'm not an early adopter. I buy a phone based on my needs. Not my wants. So the phone i have now (htc droid inc 4g) is more than satisfactory. I plan on keeping my phone until it falls apart, which will more than likely be way past my contract end date of 11/29/14.
81. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Boy, you are so in the minority on THIS website.....
37. rojiblanko (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I chose the Nexus 4 because of updates (tired of waiting for updates on my Galaxy S and Galaxy Note even though I rooted both and ran custom ROMs), very good quality materials and the support of the Nexus 4 from our developers is the best! AOSP is the best!
40. rojiblanko (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
here in DFW on T-mobile you'll get up to 30+Mbps on HSPA+, plus the phone actually has a LTE chip inside and I think there is a trick to turn it on!
95. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Tmobile doesn't have LTE yet, no issues with a Nexus 4, its a great device I have one right now. Selling it for an s4 though, I miss micro sd.
149. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Correction: T-Mobile does have LTE, just that it's not everywhere yet.
39. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
i have XZ and i really love it and definitely i will buy S4 as well.
42. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
l will get the samsung galaxy S4 in black ,yes in deed
96. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I'm going for a 64gb black international with a different back (leather,metal or carbon fiber), hyperglazed is not for me.
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9720; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Galaxy S4 definitely. It's going to be one of the only phones that's rocking 4.2.2 out of the box.
63. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
AND it will be the 1st Non-Nexus Phone to Rock Android 5.0 ....!!! knowing Samsungs update history with S2 & S3
52. Aeires (unregistered)
Love my N4, might be the phone that breaks my yearly upgrade cycle it's so good. The screen is incredible, I was concerned coming from a SAMOLED but it hasn't disappointed at all. And first to get updates, hard to top it.
53. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Sony ZL bezel
Sony Z Water/dust proof
HTC Boom sound
SGS4 Battery/thinness/Screen/DDR3 RAM/Processor
60. buccob (Posts: 1938; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I would love to see that packaged in one phone too...
146. Piyath.droid (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Boom sound is just a marketing phrase.. It doesn't give BOOM BOOM BOOOOOOM.... ha ha ha haaaaa...
97. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Wow thumbs down for a fact, some people are sad.
56. Nimit_Desai (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
"LG opitmus G pro-best phablet for spring"they say......
Samsung galaxy note 2.....
98. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
2012 called, they want their exynos 4 back.
57. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The HTC One for the hardware, and the Nexus 4 for the software (especially with Android 5.0 coming soon!)
99. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The S4 has better hardware than the HTC One and it will also get updates much faster than the HTC One, not as fast as a nexus though.
171. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
If by better hardware you mean an overclocked processor, a removable battery and an SD card, then i don't care, i prefer the HTC's design and build quality and in hand feel, the low light capabilities, OIS, HDR sound, the non-pentile smaller display, the stereo speakers, and the fact that i can get a 64GB variant (Internal storage is more important for me than external storage)
100. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Same thing was said about the HTC One X.
66. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they all sucks only to people who dont have money to buy this phones... :)
71. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
go to buy.... $20 dlls chinese phone.....LOL
67. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i choosed the "ONE"! cant wait for this baby to come ..
74. oister85 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I vote for Samsung but in reality you can't go wrong with any devices.
75. papss (unregistered)
i'd vote for the HTC then the Sony..Both have amazing designs and I prefer their skins to SS.. I do love me some N4 though.
83. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I have been vey impressed with Sony. Sure, the GS4 is the big gun and will outsell all these combined, but Sony seems to have stepped up their game since divorcing their former partner and running with their own ideas. I would love to give them first dibs on this list.
91. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Design wise the z looks great but ergonomics are not the best...the phone IMO doesn't fit in the hand aswel as the HTC one and am guessing the s4 due to the angular and sharp edge design and the phone again IMO feels bigger than it is...HTC one which my brother has feels smaller than it is and the s4 which I plan to get looks to be going the same way if my s3 is too anything to go buy.,, spec wise all the phones have the pros and cons but the z has got terrible viewing angles, even at slight angle theres colour shifts and contrast is low and speaker performance is not the best...am not saying the z is bad phone because its not but I think they could have made it a great phone.
151. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Really??? What are you doing putting a Sony smartphone THERE????
166. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
No, maybe in your mama @ss, with vibrating option activated. LOL
103. donronaldlim (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I was just wondering why HTC one got first place? Based on phonearena review scores, S4 got 9.3 while One got 9.1
I'm confused. Thoughts?
115. scsa852k (Posts: 328; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Only hope for HTC One and Xperia Z is their design.
Sammy might have been too arrogant to not make any major design change, but
there's no denying that the phone itself is supreme.
Nexus 4 should be under a different category.
Buying Nexus 4 on a 2-yr pact is a just plain too stupid.
116. _PHug_ (Posts: 420; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I'll vote S4 since the Note 3 is not an option
118. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
IM Buying S4 so i can cook eggs at the back
thank you sammy, your the smartest phone that has cooking skill!!!
125. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Ur fav smartphone is hotter.. u stll cant undrstand d artcke poor kid, you mother ddnt let u enter a proper school program..
130. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2018; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
HTC one , won me over, since the first time , I held it , very crisp display, premium feel :-) , come Friday, I'll be picking mine up
148. Piyath.droid (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Don't get fooled by the touch or feel.. Go inside and see for yourself, what you have got to live the rest of your life with...
150. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Did you not see/read that he held it?
132. mydi.maus (unregistered)
i will wait for the samsung S5 moto X maybe iphone 6S,..
137. Jcdz100 (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Tough job... Go with S4.. But like XZ & HTC one too...
153. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 887; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Galaxy S4, preordered mine yesterday :) getting Exynos 5 Octa variant. :)
154. RandomKindOfPerson (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
I've been using HTC Desire HD for quite a while now. I've been planning to replace it with the Samsung Galaxy S4, it looks much more fun than the HTC One. I'd like to have a phone that isn't a HTC since I've been its user for almost 3 years now. xD
The S4 looks very promising with the Octa-core chip, even when it's not much blazingly faster than its Snapdragon counterpart. The 13 megapixel is also a very good camera, though I acknowledge the One's prowess with then 4 "Ultra"pixel. The gimmicky features are very useful for me, and futuristic. :'D Though it doesn't have the sound quality of the One's front speakers. Also, I kinda wished that it would've been as varstile and has the glassy back as the Xperia Z. ;3; At least there's a microSD slot, which is absent in most flagship handsets nowadays. .w.
I simply can't wait to get the phone in my hands, the other phones are awesome too! But I'd like to try out Samsung now. lD
164. stewarta13wsb (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Good grief some of you guys get nasty - why, it's a phone for pity sake.
As the saying goes my HTC One will be everything your phone isn't but that's just my view.
CHILL and pick the one that suits you, but for me plastic is for my Visa :)
167. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
"HTC One will be everything your phone isn't"
170. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
HTC One or Xperia Z for me as never really got on with the cartoonish Touch wiz UI and when I finally made the jump to the S3, all I got was a sub standard build quality and shocking costumer support! Why would I pay £600 for the plasticky S4 when I can premium built quality products in the One and Z? Never again.......